what are other ltl carriers rate of pay?

Discussion in 'Fedex Freight' started by nasvegas, Jul 10, 2014.

1. BIG10-4

BIG10-4 Active Member

If we do get it, all the ones that were saying why you guys crying we make good money already. If they're going to say I don't want it please take it back

SwampRatt likes this.
  2. FILTH the Klown

FILTH the Klown Active Member

Don't forget the 12 virgins.

3. LTLIndentured

LTLIndentured Well-Known Member

You misunderstand 10-4, I'm glad your company compensates you so well. It means that mine will have to try harder to keep up. Also, I'm a tad jealous of your OT compensation. I've got too much seniority here to jump ship.

4. Crazy Trucker

Crazy Trucker Clown Math Expert

The ot really doesn't add up like you think it would. We have to work 7 hours of ot to break even with conway driver who works 40. We have to work 5 hours ot to break even with od.

mudrunner likes this.
  5. LTLIndentured

FedEx makes more per hour than Conway here

6. LTLIndentured

One truth remains the same for all employers: they only pay people what they feel they must to keep them working productively. Keep the union threat active and fed ex will keep increasing your compensation. Conversely, let the ibt threat die and your company will not see any reason to increase pay. A presidential election year is almost upon us and that means business slows down. When that happens the driver shortage will shrink and not be a cause for pay to rise. That leaves your only bargaining chip the union threat.

SwampRatt likes this.
  7. LTLIndentured

FedEx management knows this and is hoping you aren't smart enough to look to the future. You need to increase the union pressure or you won't see the increases go as high as they could. My uneducated opinion

8. Crazy Trucker

Crazy Trucker Clown Math Expert

So what is the bottom pay scale at Conway? Here Conway makes 25.48 and we make 23.68

9. SwampRatt

SwampRatt Well-Known Member

It's just freaking crazy that FedEx is so inconsistent. Some areas, they are totally competitive. Some areas, they are $2.00-$2.50 behind the competition... Zero rhyme or reason to it.

There seems to be a willingness to take the risk in certain areas. Either that, or different people are making the decision in different areas, resulting in different results.

10. SwampRatt

SwampRatt Well-Known Member

Update:

Old Dominion (as of Sept 1st) $25.85/hour vs FXFE $23.68.

Stay tuned...

Hoot Owl and The Point like this.
  11. Barney

Barney Member

SwampRatt. I agree completely. Worked for all 5 major LTL carriers for almost 35 years. Most in the Teamsters. This split pay horshsh!t would never fly with the Teamsters. The NMFA states equal pay for all. Don't get me wrong. I'm not bitching about my pay. Just pissed because someone doing the same exact job as I. Makes more than I do. It was explained to me by our TM. I'm thinking "I'm gonna get effed".

12. LTLIndentured

Sounds like you are about to go to carrier #6

runawaytrain and Redracer3136 like this.