FedEx Freight | what are other ltl carriers rate of pay?

As much fun as I've had, I can't believe I'm saying this, but I will no longer respond to any of your quotes about what I said earlier. I, in fact, apologized if it was offensive and wanted to move on, but continue to respond, just know it's a conscious decision to not answer, I'm not being rude!

Change my mind. Y'all work harder haha. Just talked to a guy doing p & d. I feel better about delivering Big Macs all of a sudden!

Really, bro? Let's hear any valid, negative statements about Texas you can throw it. What about the state of Texas is funny?
I heard about a Texan that died that was so large they didn't have a casket big enough to bury him in. So they gave him an enema and buried him in a shoebox.

Guardrail

Well I bet our competition is hiring? On a side note why does tapatalk carry my signature from the archery forum over to here? Please disregard it..lol

My bow is better than urs :)

Well, around here OD pays over a buck/hour more... which might explain why it's hard
To attract qualified drivers

Swampratt, I don't know if we're in the same area, but here, OD does pay at least the same, if not more, than FedEx. Probably why the local one here got two of our supervisors and at least three of our drivers so far. And I'm one of three former FedEx'ers at the company I'm with now. We're part of a small, one year old dedicated transportation department in one of my state's largest employers. And they started us higher than FedEx. Sorry to go off on a tangent, if I did.

Swampratt, I don't know if we're in the same area, but here, OD does pay at least the same, if not more, than FedEx. Probably why the local one here got two of our supervisors and at least three of our drivers so far. And I'm one of three former FedEx'ers at the company I'm with now. We're part of a small, one year old dedicated transportation department in one of my state's largest employers. And they started us higher than FedEx. Sorry to go off on a tangent, if I did.

That's the kind of info we need. We used to have and retain the best drivers. They told us that all the time. The reason for that was not some genetic makeup, it was because the company, not only had solid principals (see below), but REALLY believed in those principals and followed them to the letter. That and that alone is why we were better. FedEx threw that away for short term gain.

1. Take care of our people.
2. Take care of our customers.
3. Honor our commitments.
4. Work hard, smart, and safely—and
work together.
5. Make the most of resources.
6. Have fun.

I got six years experience in foodservice, all the prerequisites LTL requires, and one ticket three years ago... I wanna go LTL, but I can't handle the cut in pay, or risk of that, just yet. Making 70k at the easiest job in foodservice but I hate teams and want your schedule!!!

One day when I get some of these bills down ill come on over.

I got six years experience in foodservice, all the prerequisites LTL requires, and one ticket three years ago... I wanna go LTL, but I can't handle the cut in pay, or risk of that, just yet. Making 70k at the easiest job in foodservice but I hate teams and want your schedule!!!

One day when I get some of these bills down ill come on over.

Wherever you go, odds are you're gonna take a paycut, at least to start. Only caveat to that is, if an ltl company's starting pay is higher than what you're making (doubtful), or you hire with a dedicated fleet somewhere (what I did). I have 21 years total, 18 of those in ltl. And as far as getting ltl hours, at my old FedEx terminal, sifts varied, starting as early as 2 am and as late as noon. You're not guaranteed to get "banker's hours" in ltl. You have to put your time in. I spent my first five years with a 10:30 am start, working until as late as 9 pm.

Actually, if you're a younger single guy, 10-10:30 is actually an okay time to start. You get the chance to sleep in (a high priority for me at the time!), or run errands/work out. On Friday nights, you have enough time to run home, shower, and then go hang out with friends.