FedEx Freight | what are other ltl carriers rate of pay?

I got a wife and three ankle biters but thanks for the nostalgia! Always good to remember the good old days! Haha

How for behind UPS Freight are we at our highest paid centers? How many TOP tier centers are there? What centers are those? Chicago? WestCoast? We need to know, when it comes time to negotiate...

Actually I wanted to know the very top pay and/or locations for FXFE... We are soo far behind most of the competition, in my area, that it isn't even funny. But I do know some locations are in far better positions.

In the Chicago region it's currently at 24.93/hr and .6316/mile

Assuming that's before the raise, It will go to $25.73/hr, that's still 92 cents/hour short of our biggest competitor (UPSF). And in Jan. it will be $1.42/hr. short. If FedEx was serious about correcting mistakes, they should Bump EVERYONE up another $1.00-$1.40/hour across the board (on top of the announced .80), and LOCK insurance premiums/coverage for 2-3 years. IMHO.

Assuming that's before the raise, It will go to $25.73/hr, that's still 92 cents/hour short of our biggest competitor (UPSF). And in Jan. it will be $1.42/hr. short. If FedEx was serious about correcting mistakes, they should Bump EVERYONE up another $1.00-$1.40/hour across the board (on top of the announced .80), and LOCK insurance premiums/coverage for 2-3 years. IMHO.

Yes that's before the supposed raise and I agree

I dont know but I get 25.73/hr AND .6516/mi as of 9/28 so a little above middle of road.
Southeastern just hit $24.XX here, compared to our $22.58hr
OD is pushing $25hr
Averitt is within a few cents of us. Conway, and Saia are abt. 50c less than us.

Basically, the #1 carrier is paying very middle of the road wages.

we had a meeting the other day and was told the only ups freight drivers making that were grandfathered in, is that true?

Contract says 4 years to top pay. They do start low, 17.10, I think it is... Less than us on the surface but healthcare and pension contributions put their new hires, in a better position than even most veterans here. Sad state of affairs.

Last edited by a moderator:
No pension formula was grandfathered for people making an average of $75k per yr. It takes 4 yrs to hit top rate but the top rate is going to be .72cpm and $28 +/- per hr in July 2018

most people dont realize the ups drivers spouses were dropped from their insurance plans and old dominion is supposedly getting ready to or have just done the same thing

most people dont realize the ups drivers spouses were dropped from their insurance plans and old dominion is supposedly getting ready to or have just done the same thing

The only UPS employees that were dropped, were NON union employees that their spouses had access to other health care plans through their employer. This did not affect any union employees. This was mostly management and supervisors.........Oh well, sucks not to have a contract.