ABF | What are we gonna do?

In reference to the ones who are dead set on voting (NO) I would like for you to tell me where you will go and walk into a job that will offer you and your family insurance paid fully by the company that you don't have to pay any monthly premium, have a pension plan that is alot better than most have, to go and make the money you are making now whether you are road or local, sick days, holidays, personal days?? Whether you go to another (LTL) carrier or (TL) carrier, etc. you won't come even close to what you have now. I hear people say (Send Them Back To The Table) do you think that will really persuade ABF to buckle? I beg to differ....if anything one or two things would likely happen, they would close terminals and DC's lay off employees then after the dust settles the Union will be focused on what can they do to get the people back to work then the company will say (WE NEED) this this and that!! therefore taking the focus off off the wages etc. and will end up with the short end of the stick and most likely a smaller company. In closing I will just ask this ARE YOU WILLING TO GAMBLE WITH YOUR FUTURE and hope they come back with a better offer than we have now?? I don't see that happening, 7% isn't the end of the world or is a weeks vacation, do I like it?(NO)!!, But I'm not willing to throw away 26yrs. and risk taking a chance in starting over!! So I say to (ALL MY BROTHER AND SISTER TEAMSTERS) think long and hard before you cast your vote and think of the ones that men the most(Your Family) could you look at your Wife and Children and tell them....I have some bad news to tell you, I lost my job because I voted out of spite and ignorance instead of with my heart and mind. May God Bless!! Be Safe And Happy Trails!!

whats crazy about this whole thing white shirt, they pay these people for representation , out of choice, but yet don't trust them. Who's the weak school kid and who's the bully?

You should stick to something you know about, you don't know squat, but when you run your mouth it comes out your butt, go figure

don't the teamsters think this is a good and fair contract? It seems to me only the loud and outspoken on here are against it as unfair. Your leaders think it is great considering where they started the negotiations.

Of course they think its a good ta. If I knew I had personal gain from it I would be pushing for a yes vote. The IBT leaders as you say are looking our for their own personal interest, not ours.

It shows that you are management with your post, and your hate for the unions, and it shows, oh well life is a betch

in reference to the ones who are dead set on voting (no) i would like for you to tell me where you will go and walk into a job that will offer you and your family insurance paid fully by the company that you don't have to pay any monthly premium, have a pension plan that is alot better than most have, to go and make the money you are making now whether you are road or local, sick days, holidays, personal days?? Whether you go to another (ltl) carrier or (tl) carrier, etc. You won't come even close to what you have now. I hear people say (send them back to the table) do you think that will really persuade abf to buckle? I beg to differ....if anything one or two things would likely happen, they would close terminals and dc's lay off employees then after the dust settles the union will be focused on what can they do to get the people back to work then the company will say (we need) this this and that!! Therefore taking the focus off off the wages etc. And will end up with the short end of the stick and most likely a smaller company. In closing i will just ask this are you willing to gamble with your future and hope they come back with a better offer than we have now?? I don't see that happening, 7% isn't the end of the world or is a weeks vacation, do i like it?(no)!!, but i'm not willing to throw away 26yrs. And risk taking a chance in starting over!! So i say to (all my brother and sister teamsters) think long and hard before you cast your vote and think of the ones that men the most(your family) could you look at your wife and children and tell them....i have some bad news to tell you, i lost my job because i voted out of spite and ignorance instead of with my heart and mind. May god bless!! Be safe and happy trails!!

OK I thought about it.... I will vote no after reading your fine post thank you

Of course they think its a good ta. If I knew I had personal gain from it I would be pushing for a yes vote. The IBT leaders as you say are looking our for their own personal interest, not ours.

It shows that you are management with your post, and your hate for the unions, and it shows, oh well life is a betch

White shirt drives a clipboard at conway. He has almost 8 years experience of driving clipboards.

In reference to the ones who are dead set on voting (NO) I would like for you to tell me where you will go and walk into a job that will offer you and your family insurance paid fully by the company that you don't have to pay any monthly premium, have a pension plan that is alot better than most have, to go and make the money you are making now whether you are road or local, sick days, holidays, personal days?? Whether you go to another (LTL) carrier or (TL) carrier, etc. you won't come even close to what you have now. I hear people say (Send Them Back To The Table) do you think that will really persuade ABF to buckle? I beg to differ....if anything one or two things would likely happen, they would close terminals and DC's lay off employees then after the dust settles the Union will be focused on what can they do to get the people back to work then the company will say (WE NEED) this this and that!! therefore taking the focus off off the wages etc. and will end up with the short end of the stick and most likely a smaller company. In closing I will just ask this ARE YOU WILLING TO GAMBLE WITH YOUR FUTURE and hope they come back with a better offer than we have now?? I don't see that happening, 7% isn't the end of the world or is a weeks vacation, do I like it?(NO)!!, But I'm not willing to throw away 26yrs. and risk taking a chance in starting over!! So I say to (ALL MY BROTHER AND SISTER TEAMSTERS) think long and hard before you cast your vote and think of the ones that men the most(Your Family) could you look at your Wife and Children and tell them....I have some bad news to tell you, I lost my job because I voted out of spite and ignorance instead of with my heart and mind. May God Bless!! Be Safe And Happy Trails!!
Good thing the fore fathers of the union didn't have your way of thinking. There would be no NMFA of any kind, ltl compensation would be in the toliet.

You should stick to something you know about, you don't know squat, but when you run your mouth it comes out your butt, go figure
i know u give up monthly dues to someone you don't trust. Now who's talking out their butt? It's 2013 pa-paw

i know u give up monthly dues to someone you don't trust. Now who's talking out their butt? It's 2013 pa-paw

The Conway troll is back looking to start trouble here on the ABF forum. The sad part is he probable never opens his mouth on his own job. Then again after thinking about it he probably does!:fingure:

The Conway troll is back looking to start trouble here on the ABF forum. The sad part is he probable never opens his mouth on his own job. Then again after thinking about it he probably does!:fingure:
try again roady. Abf App being processed as we speak. Said the background check takes forever.

try again roady. Abf App being processed as we speak. Said the background check takes forever.

ABF App being processed don't mean anything. Do you still work at Conway? If you do you are trolling on this forum, stirring up trouble. I hope for all of the ABF brothers at the terminal you applied at that you get turned down. Then you can go back trolling on the ABF forum. Oh by the way you wouldn't cross a picket line if God forbid there is a strike at ABF, would you?

Don't the teamsters think this is a good and fair contract? it seems to me only the loud and outspoken on here are against it as unfair. Your leaders think it is great considering where they started the negotiations.

The teamsters are our competition they have a major position in YRC with teamsters on the board of directors. ABF keeps paying into the broke a$$ pension was all the international cared about. Hell the international told us all to vote for the give back in 2010 so it " would make it easier on them in the next negotiation" quote

The forts screwed up they we were supposed to be scared into voting yes but the fort was so.greedy they jam packed this POS with everything they wanted and not a thing for us not even a job after the subs are done.

I don't care what the teamsters tell me to support they also tell me to vote for Obama I didn't do that either.

If this gets voted down the fort will try to hang that around our necks .the fort will sound like a 6 year old trying to blame anybody else but themselves.

This is a very stressful time. Are we willing to play Russian Roulette with our job's ? If we stand strong and say NO the out come might be worse. People would think that we are silly for standing our ground knowing the freight industry is so unpredictable. Were in the position of " DAMED IF WE DO AND DAMED IF WE DONT!! "

I really hear what you are saying and your concerns. I am a road driver with 8 years which is no seniority at all on the road board. I just don't think I would get but maybe a day or two a week so I have nothing to loose by voting NO.

The guys who tell me there voting YES are guys who only need a few months or a year or two at most and the could care less about there brothers and sisters who need 3 or 4 more contracts.

While they're on their way back to the table, we will have a mass exodus of scared customers and the stock price will plunge. ABF will be bought or destroyed. The freight(not our jobs) will be absorbed by the competition and we'll be out of a job. But hey, at least we'll have our 'vote no' pride. Pride won't buy supper.
Good luck with that. This isn't your grandpa's union anymore.

But, my Granpa would NEVER stand for a POS contract as this one is!.....KK

Ok I will try to address all your points

Healthcare - will be gone when our exemption runs out then you will get Obamacare
No thanks not ABFs fault but not a reason to vote yes

Pension - it's broke ill never see a dime I'm 43.
No reason to vote yes

Time off vacations, holidays - loose a week of vacation my time of is important to me
Not a reason to vote yes.

Wages - even with the -7% I would have made decent money except for loosing -6% road freight to subs

Subs - -6% of total road miles go to subs if not more no way to check
DEAL BRAKER

Electronic survalance - so they can fire is at will
And that's what it's about

Sorry there's no reason for an 8 year man to vote yes to 1 or 2 days a week and that is what -6% less road freight would do to me.

Your at the top of the board and you got a sweet gig and you only care if you work you don't care about the rest of the board.

They offer you a pacifer to sooth your ego. You will have bragging rights that you still make more then YRC teamsters. Your ego won't be destroyed. That's what it's all about. Right?. You will no longer be the baddest in the land. They're taking away your elite status. There is no way in hell ABF will accept a no vote as they did in 2010. They were under contract then and had no recourse. There is only one option for ABF and that would be a lock-out. A lock-out shouldn't cause that much damage or last that long because fear, panic and anxiety will ripple across the network. A lock-out will kill three stones

1. It will eliminate high cost nonprofitable freight. The high cost non-profitable freight that employs driver/dock

2. It would reduce the need for terminals and people that staff them

3. cameras will insure no one steals the 7% back
If they lock us out they commit *******

I believe that you are mistaken and unnecessarily scared. We are not asking for the moon and the stars here, just a fair contract. I have heard management discuss what we don't like about this T/A so they know what the hot buttons are and they are not unreasonable. We all want the same thing here, a fair and equitable contract that will make it possible for all to succeed in the future. They won't let us take them to the cleaners and we cannot let them take us there. I am for a sensible NO to a not sensible contract.

As I have stated before I raised my kids to do the right thing always, no matter the price, because if you don't you'll pay a far worse price....now how do I face them after all I've taught them & when it's my turn do the right thing.... do wrong thing because I'm scared or afraid... I'm voting NO for my kids, for my family because this contract is wrong in every way shape & form it actually takes away the very thing your so afraid to lose.....where I was raised you didn't always win the fight BUT you better show up for the fight !!

As I have stated before I raised my kids to do the right thing always, no matter the price, because if you don't you'll pay a far worse price....now how do I face them after all I've taught them & when it's my turn do the right thing.... do wrong thing because I'm scared or afraid... I'm voting NO for my kids, for my family because this contract is wrong in every way shape & form it actually takes away the very thing your so afraid to lose.....where I was raised you didn't always win the fight BUT you better show up for the fight !!
As they say, "You have to stand for something or you'll fall for anything".

If they lock us out they commit *******

There might be mass suicides. It won't be them. They could still pick up the pieces after a lockout without 30% of the workforce and that's after you plead for a re-vote