ABF | What are we gonna do?

There might be mass suicides. It won't be them. They could still pick up the pieces after a lockout without 30% of the workforce and that's after you plead for a re-vote

The only way I'd want a re-vote is if this contract passes. I don't live my life in fear, & I won't bow to the big boss man. I work hard every day & I have earned everything I have. ABF has never once given me charity & I wouldn't accept it if they did. I will not vote for something that is wrong because they say I should. There isn't one historical fact or present concrete evidence that backs their claims for this contract. It doesn't level the playing field it just lines the top dogs pockets with my earnings. Judy & Roy aren't giving up money or vacation neither are the stock holders. If this is so important then let them lead the way. Let them stand up with the evidence & show their cards "because we say we need it" doesn't cut it

I believe that you are mistaken and unnecessarily scared. We are not asking for the moon and the stars here, just a fair contract. I have heard management discuss what we don't like about this T/A so they know what the hot buttons are and they are not unreasonable. We all want the same thing here, a fair and equitable contract that will make it possible for all to succeed in the future. They won't let us take them to the cleaners and we cannot let them take us there. I am for a sensible NO to a not sensible contract.

Great points!!

I don't want to break ABF but I'm not gonna vote yes so I can sit at the house an never get out

Mean while I still haven't received a ballot! But I did receive a conference call from the IBT,a DVD from ABF,and a pep talk from my T.M.Where's my damm ballot?

ABF is NOT going back to the table! If you can't live with this deal vote yes so you can help out the Brothers and sisters that can't find a better job and you can earn a paycheck and healthcare while you seek a better job. There are many areas where this job is King and hundreds of miles to a city where you MIGHT get a job. Start over somewhere else you won't have anywhere near the health plan, no vacation at all much lower wage and you will be the lowest turd in a pile of ****!
Please think about what you are throwing away!
There will be no "going back to the table"

ABF is NOT going back to the table! If you can't live with this deal vote yes so you can help out the Brothers and sisters that can't find a better job and you can earn a paycheck and healthcare while you seek a better job. There are many areas where this job is King and hundreds of miles to a city where you MIGHT get a job. Start over somewhere else you won't have anywhere near the health plan, no vacation at all much lower wage and you will be the lowest turd in a pile of ****!
I have a better idea. You vote NO for us and go to work at the carrier of your choice: R&L, Conman Freightways, YRC and/or FedEx. After we put ABF out of business they should all be looking for a few good men and if you're good enough for ABF you should be good enough for them.

BTW a 'like' from Plunger Joe is nothing to be proud of...and you got one.

I have a better idea. You vote NO for us and go to work at the carrier of your choice: R&L, Conman Freightways, YRC and/or FedEx. After we put ABF out of business they should all be looking for a few good men and if you're good enough for ABF you should be good enough for them.

Clearly there is a culture of barbarism in the ABF system. There are many like this yahoo who is lacking in intel. So uncouth. Probably stemming from years of being pampered and told he was the best in the industry. Young ruined this ABFer. Defiantly a cultural waste. Here we have a super star egotistical jerk who has risen over the ranks of the less fortunate including YRC. But his time has finally come.For he is toast and McReynolds is the toaster :17113:

Clearly there is a culture of barbarism in the ABF system. There are many like this yahoo who is lacking in intel. So uncouth. Probably stemming from years of being pampered and told he was the best in the industry. Young ruined this ABFer. Defiantly a cultural waste. Here we have a super star egotistical jerk who has risen over the ranks of the less fortunate including YRC. But his time has finally come.For he is toast and McReynolds is the toaster :17113:
after the yes vote, he'll finally get it that him and his linehaul is the minority

With all the excess capacity out there, I don't understand what makes you think that other carriers will absorb ABF's drivers if they go under. Our freight will be absorbed, our jobs (in the freight industry) will be gone.

When the subs work while I sit at home tell me what am I throwing away????

Another first post telling somone to ' vote yes and quit'. So what do you do pal? Sales? Drive a clipboard? You're not a teamster.

Drive a clipboard?

Another first post telling somone to ' vote yes and quit'. So what do you do pal? Sales? Drive a clipboard? You're not a teamster.

Like Larry said, 'I don't care who you are, that's funny. Now, the most important questions of the day are, 1. Did he pre trip his clip board before leaving? 2. How the sam he** do you drive a clipboard. Inquiring minds want to know. von

The big question is are you willing to gamble your family's well being? What is your exact number to walk away? What you see is what you get. Take it or leave it but remember:

Money is a she!!

The big question is are you willing to gamble your family's well being? What is your exact number to walk away? What you see is what you get. Take it or leave it but remember:

Money is a she!!

I will vote no for as long as it takes, this guy is just trying to spread fear, and don't know what he is talking about. GO FIGURE LOL

I will vote no for as long as it takes, this guy is just trying to spread fear, and don't know what he is talking about. GO FIGURE LOL

That's good pop. This ain't YRC where the union forced multiple yes votes with direct threats to their employment. This time you're butting heads with the union for the second time. The union will give you one shot. You can vote no for a variety of reasons but voting no to send it back to the table is not an option. Like grovercki opined- a no vote authorizes a strike with no further votes needed. So a no vote is a strike authorization... Now make certain you're ready to walk that walk. The talking is oooveeer!!

A no vote will most likely drive the stock price back down to a level that will have Welch and other potential investors tripping over one another to acquire ABF. Don't worry though, I'm sure that whoever makes the acquisition will feel obligated to give you everything you think we deserve. So when you say you'll vote no "as long as it takes", make sure you understand that it won't take long for 'something' to happen.

mistakes make you realize what you had. what you've lost in what you've taken for granite they make you realize sometimes there are no next times no timeouts no second chances..... but life is a work in progress as long as we live we have every chance to correct....... live to fight another day

Money is a she!!
Grow up already , this has absolutely nothing to do with you! You come here preach you $hit that nobody cares about. How does it feel living your whole adult life being a jellyfish?

regional vice president in 070 said 7% wouldn't be used to reduce rates. so what are they going to do with all the money?. there are not that many yards to repair in the system and we have all new forklifts and yard buggies. video and audio are enough to turn this P.O.S. contract down.