Central Transport | what are you waiting for??!

$outh$side $tre$$

TB Regular
Credits
Word thru the grapevine, is vitran express reports a 19million dollar loss. I would atatch a link where i got the info from but im not computer savy..........

Word is in the range of 18-22 million loss for the last quarter. Should end the year in the $70 million range net loss. When I questioned this, Terry J. out of STL stated that VITRAN CORP earned $850 mm profit last year. Not sure if I'm ready to drink the BLUE Kool-aid yet, my friends.

For the forth quarter. Every trucking companies 1st and 4th quarters are there toughest, I do hope vitran can turn 2013 into a positive year ,becuz i have alot of friends that still work there.

if you do not learn from your mistakes and make changes how can you expect positive results i have read almost every thing on this post all i hear is the same thing all the time. the equipment broken not fixed or lack of it. os&d issues damaged destroyed claims . i don't think you have to be an MIT grad to understand what needs to be done or do you trucking is not rocket science you pick up the freight or product ship it safe and not damaged from point a to point b and make money. yet if you have holes in roof and the product get's wet claim if freigt is crushed damaged claim exct. you get the idea but yet no one seem"s to get the picture we have tried every approach but the one's needed to fix the problem's.another example of no common sence and it seems to me that the solution's are simple to you and i yet maybe i am wrong. maybe this just a lack of a common sence approach look at what other company's are doing to be on top and take what works for you and combine it with the other's method. but you got to check you ego's at the door and admit that you have failed with your approach. foolish pride and ego are dangerous things in any part of life,or business. solving problems is not the main priority in this company if it was we would not be making the same one's over and over again.

i believe the line goes "Man who makes mistake is wrong, man who make mistake again is not learning from his mistakes, man who keeps making same mistake is ignorant"

Now insert "Company" for "man" and digest that for a while