What Book Are You Reading Now?

Discussion in 'The Drivers Lounge' started by SuperCourse, Feb 4, 2017.

1. DCM_Doc

DCM_Doc Well-Known Member

Exciting life for a retiree.

2. DCM_Doc

DCM_Doc Well-Known Member

3. vongrimmenstein

vongrimmenstein Well-Known Member

Anything by Lee Child. Just finished 'The Shoes of the Fisherman' by Morris West. A movie with Anthony Quinn was based on this book. A great read of fiction.

SuperCourse likes this.
  4. SuperCourse

SuperCourse HILLARY 2020

Speaking of the great Anthony Quinn. Pretty cool story.

https://beta.theglobeandmail.com/li...theglobeandmail.com&cmpid=rss1&click=sf_globe

With hopes of meeting Quinn, I delivered a letter to the theatre addressed to him honestly describing the poster as provocative and saying that if he liked it, it would be my gift. The next day, his assistant called. "Mr. Quinn would like to meet with you before tomorrow's show. Would you be available?" Would I be available to meet one of Hollywood's greatest legends and an actor whose work I greatly admired and respected?

Arriving at the stage door, I was quickly ushered through a labyrinth of corridors to an ornate dressing room swathed in red. The door flung open and Quinn calmly walked in. Tall, barrel-chested with a handful of newspaper clippings, he thrust his hand forward and thundered, "I'm Tony Quinn." Dazed, I mumbled something about how it was an honour to meet him and that I was a fan, particularly of the Federico Fellini film La Strada.

vongrimmenstein likes this.
  5. vongrimmenstein

Don't know what it is about the Greeks but Tony Quinn & Telly Savalas were 2 of my favorite actors. I liked Telly in Kojak & his leading role in 'The Marcus Nelson Murders", the pilot movie for the series. Now what did I do with my lolly pop? von.

6. mud

mud Wonderin'

RIP Harold Robbins. 05/21/1916- 10/14/1997. One of my favorite authors.
    [​IMG]

7. vongrimmenstein

A classic.
    Try The Shoes of the Fisherman by Morris West. came out mid 60's & a movie followed with Anthony Quinn as the lead in the movie. von

8. mud

mud Wonderin'

RIP James Michener. 02/03/1907- 10/16/1997. Another favorite author of mine.[​IMG]

vongrimmenstein likes this.