What Cable Can Teach Us About Health Care

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Bubba74, Nov 2, 2017.

1. Bubba74

Bubba74 Well-Known Member

http://bgr.com/2017/10/31/cord-cutting-best-cable-alternative-2017-directv-now-vs-hulu-youtube/

if it can work for cable (or in this case against the giant monopolies of cable) because of greater competition mobility across state lines, etc......
    then why cant it work for health insurance
    why can't the consumer buy the products and services that they want (like purchasing tv packages)

markets work the same whether its cable, health insurance or blue berries

Northern Flash likes this.
  2. ABFer

ABFer Super Moderator Staff Member

The way things are today and as is I do not see competition being the answer but it would be nice if I was wrong. A la carte policies, on the other hand would be nice and would force people to make sensible decisions with their choices of coverage. i e med-e vac rides cost some $20,000 a pop and are used for stupid incidents like homeless people with broken arms. People are spending exorbitant amounts of money to extend their lives by one year when the end result is the same anyway. If I had the choice to take an ambulance to the hospital and let me die when I reach the end I'd take it. I know that it's not that simple with some of the things. i e how would they know if I chose the chopper ride or not?

3. 20_yrs_2_go

20_yrs_2_go Well-Known Member

It's really not about the doctors It's what big pharmacy wants ? Their lobbyists are not going down easy so we can pay less

4. AzPilot

AzPilot Well-Known Member

Are you kidding me....cable prices are increasing like never before.

5. Bubba74

Bubba74 Well-Known Member

that is why people are cutting the cable
    there are now alternatives because of free markets and the ability to go across state lines
    the regional cable monopolies are losing because of this
    there are alternatives

6. Northern Flash

Northern Flash Piss on our Flag, get a boycott against you.

I think you missed the entire point of the thread.
    Cable companies will be forced to lower their prices because of competition from those places the Bubba had listed.
    Just like insurance. If there are cheaper options, people will take that option and that will force the big dogs to lower their prices or go out of business.
    Watch and see. Cable will see their revenue and customer base diminish, and they'll change their way of thinking.
    And with health insurance, if we can customize our policies to fit our family's needs, we won't be paying for coverage that we will never need.
    Those who are against the customized policies are usually the same people that want everyone else paying for their coverage for them. I'm tired of paying for other people's health problems.