What can you say about a trucker who has logged over 8 million miles.

well first congrats to him. my days have basically come to a stop at just over 2 million myself.

but like airplane pilots, i think mandatory retirement for some industries should be the way to go. even if i were to be able to get to retirement age instead of my injury ending career, i still wanted to retire.

Good story and damn proud of him. I am thinking too deep. We had a driver who got 2 million safe driving miles and he had an accident he never reported. Now I am saying he is 84, he says he was delivering milk since 15, lets say he had a combined 70 years driving. 8 million miles divided by 70 equal 114,285 miles per year or 2,197 miles per week. I am sure he did not get that many miles per year delivering local milk. He had time away doing his service for the country. I am proud of him for that. Lets just stick with the 2200 miles per week average. that is with no vacations and time off. I agree with the part that he likes to tell stories. It took me almost thirty years to get 2 million miles, Maybe I am just slow. Very good article though. Drive safe. Some one help me out, am I figuring this out wrong?

Heck anything is possible. I just did 2500 miles times 48 weeks and then gave him 65 years to do it, that is seven million eight hundred thousand miles. That is a lot of miles and I just have to say Happy trails to him. :idunno:

Good story and damn proud of him. I am thinking too deep. We had a driver who got 2 million safe driving miles and he had an accident he never reported. Now I am saying he is 84, he says he was delivering milk since 15, lets say he had a combined 70 years driving. 8 million miles divided by 70 equal 114,285 miles per year or 2,197 miles per week. I am sure he did not get that many miles per year delivering local milk. He had time away doing his service for the country. I am proud of him for that. Lets just stick with the 2200 miles per week average. that is with no vacations and time off. I agree with the part that he likes to tell stories. It took me almost thirty years to get 2 million miles, Maybe I am just slow. Very good article though. Drive safe. Some one help me out, am I figuring this out wrong?
Don't assume everyone drives a 62 mph truck on elogs. I'm on loose leaf driving a wide open W9. It's not hard for me to drive 3,500 miles a week and be home every weekend.

Reactions: ESP
Don't assume everyone drives a 62 mph truck on elogs. I'm on loose leaf driving a wide open W9. It's not hard for me to drive 3,500 miles a week and be home every weekend.

Don't assume you have to have a wide-open truck and loose leaf logs to run 3500 miles a week. I've been running 3700 miles a week with a 68 mph truck on electronic logs with Wednesday, Thursday and Saturday afternoon at home. :)

My Bad, I am sorry for thinking to deep into this. I am from the days of when the speed limit was 55 for all trucks all the time and I was thinking of logging legal when it was a stretch to get 500 a day in. I also am from the time, when I paid 1900 dollars for brand new 65 chevy impala SS 396, my first new car. go figure?:6817:

My Bad, I am sorry for thinking to deep into this. I am from the days of when the speed limit was 55 for all trucks all the time and I was thinking of logging legal when it was a stretch to get 500 a day in. I also am from the time, when I paid 1900 dollars for brand new 65 chevy impala SS 396, my first new car. go figure?:6817:

I retired after 36 years of dock work and p&d deliveries. I'm reminded of that type of work every time I try to grab something off of the top shelf. $4000.00 for a Corvette in 1965.

I retired after 36 years of dock work and p&d deliveries. I'm reminded of that type of work every time I try to grab something off of the top shelf. $4000.00 for a Corvette in 1965.
So you traded your vette for a pickup and a couple of good dogs. Well then you get 3500 a month, time for brand new 2015 vette, just to show Central States you don't need the money. :hide: I feel for you pal and thousands of others. I know you are also in Western States. Best of luck, sounds as thou we are about the same age. I am soon to be 68.

So you traded your vette for a pickup and a couple of good dogs. Well then you get 3500 a month, time for brand new 2015 vette, just to show Central States you don't need the money. :hide: I feel for you pal and thousands of others. I know you are also in Western States. Best of luck, sounds as thou we are about the same age. I am soon to be 68.
I'm your 64 year old younger brother. I saved up enough money sitting on an aircraft carrier in the Gulf of Tonkin to pay $3400.00 cash for a new 1973 SS 350 Nova. The car was a 195 H.P. detuned dog.

1973NovaSS034.jpg

Heck anything is possible. I just did 2500 miles times 48 weeks and then gave him 65 years to do it, that is seven million eight hundred thousand miles. That is a lot of miles and I just have to say Happy trails to him. :idunno:
I agree that is a wonderful story, but I don't think anyone could have covered 2000 plus miles a week back in the 50's, and 60's along with the fact there were limited interstates completed and speed limits were at 40-50 mph. Like you said ESP, trucker story.

I'm your 64 year old younger brother. I saved up enough money sitting on an aircraft carrier in the Gulf of Tonkin to pay $3400.00 cash for a new 1973 SS 350 Nova. The car was a 195 H.P. detuned dog. I am proud to have you as a brother, following me in my footsteps. What a great life it has been.

1973NovaSS034.jpg

Reactions: mud