Yellow | what change already????

little indian 1

TB Lurker
Credits
i keep hearing rumors of some great change of ops, from drivers and salesmen. what and where?? were hiring a whole bunch of drivers here in cincy 241 and sitting around waiting on work calls. but hey the new percenters are doing fine all on primo runs.:17:

little indian 1 said:
i keep hearing rumors of some great change of ops, from drivers and salesmen. what and where?? were hiring a whole bunch of drivers here in cincy 241 and sitting around waiting on work calls. but hey the new percenters are doing fine all on primo runs.:17:

I just cant figure out how you can say the "new percenters" are doing fine on primo runs I never get a run farther than 411 I never get the Memphis or the KCs, seems as if the ol timers get all those.

I've heard a change in January from a gal at AGO. I've heard they are trying to fix the flow freight in the northeast. They are hiring at Tannersville again so we'll see.

stacker said:
They're only hiring drivers. Lot's of dockworkers still laid-off
I heard from an ex 120 guy that they are still trying to get dock guys to go to 231?!?:shades: I don't see it happening. DS.

New rumor from KC is on the change, supposed to be in early Feb., sleepers moving into KC for faster service to the west coast

we receive on average one team a day most days of the week, it's really not that much but I assume with the change at the rail heads (BNSF will no longer accept pups unless they are stackable containers after January 1st), that this has alot to do with it and 6 teams on a 830-875-342 triangle definately can't handle all that.

What I have heard while just hanging around!!!!

Well.... what I have heard was this........
3 Terminals will be combined in the north area of Ohio... I forget the Terminals... I think it was Toledo, Columbus, Cincey, or Akron... Really I forget the 3 involved....It will be 1 big mega term and be a triples pad on the T-pike.....

New rumors from KC via managment members who will remain nameless......KC (342) to get 15 domiciled sleepers, now hearing a member of the road board took a run to Chicago and saw a bunch of new sleepers sitting in their yard with the white circle on the side that said "342 only"....Chicago guys, can you confirm this????????

pullintriples said:
New rumors from KC via managment members who will remain nameless......KC (342) to get 15 domiciled sleepers, now hearing a member of the road board took a run to Chicago and saw a bunch of new sleepers sitting in their yard with the white circle on the side that said "342 only"....Chicago guys, can you confirm this????????
Hey Chicago!!! Anything to this? Mustache Retired Roadway

I go back on call tonight and will let you know what's in the yard at Chicago when I get back in. I'm x-board so not sure when that will be but you'll hear it here when I get back home! :smile1:

I wish Rio had a faster truck so he could get home and post what he found out....rumors are out of control in Kansas City, everyone is sick of this already....guess like Nascar, Roadway has its own "silly season".

Well I didn't see them. Unless they were tucked away someplace else in the yard which is always a possibility. Big yard but they keep the tractors in just one area normally. Sorry pullintriples...

I can verify "Pullin'" as I am from KC also and was in Chicago this week. I took a good stroll through the yard and didn't see anything. Although I did see several (20 or so) "new" sleepers with no domicile on the sides.

Well I assume you heard the same story.....he (the driver that origianlly saw the tractors) said that they had a white "oval" like our triple trucks, but they said 342 only in the oval.....I will say that I probably heard all this fourth hand so it may have been "added to".......Kind of hard to doubt what this particular guy said, he's not the kind that would start rumors.

all you people in 671 have any of you talked to the labor man U********.another driver talked to him last week and he was talking about the big change next year.If you see him ask him.

No last names please

Dieselhed said:
I can verify "Pullin'" as I am from KC also and was in Chicago this week. I took a good stroll through the yard and didn't see anything. Although I did see several (20 or so) "new" sleepers with no domicile on the sides.
Welcome to the boards Dieselhed and thanks for the info. The "company lawyer" has been talking about the change in the central and southern region. Says we'll know more after the first of the year. DS.