SEFL | What changes will make Sefl a better place?

I worked at southeastern 4.5 years i was a p and d driver. I just recently left due to the fact of our local operations at the terminal I worked at, southeastern is a great company. the terminal I worked at became like the marine corps. We had 32 city drivers they would pile as much freight as they could 16-19 stops minimum on trailers, you couldn't even get your pallet jack on. Our city units left looking like line haul units, freight on logistic bars to customers that didn't have a dock etc etc. They would cut runs to cut cost to make their goals, running 24 drivers out of 32 normally we always had 2 to 3 out due to knee, neck, or back surgery so that left us with 30 to 29 drivers then they'd let the rest go home and you would do 25-30 stops a day get back to terminal at 6:30 to 7:30 pm go swap a trailer or start pallet jacking freight on the dock, part timers got forklifts while 20 yer old veterns were pushing drum trucks. This all started taking place within the last 6 to 7 monthes that's when it got real bad. Drivers are quiting and they can't keep dock workers. I believe in working hard but this is non sense however all terminals are not like this. I miss my co worker s and my benefits but I do not miss the way things were being done at the terminal.

I worked at southeastern 4.5 years i was a p and d driver. I just recently left due to the fact of our local operations at the terminal I worked at, southeastern is a great company. the terminal I worked at became like the marine corps. We had 32 city drivers they would pile as much freight as they could 16-19 stops minimum on trailers, you couldn't even get your pallet jack on. Our city units left looking like line haul units, freight on logistic bars to customers that didn't have a dock etc etc. They would cut runs to cut cost to make their goals, running 24 drivers out of 32 normally we always had 2 to 3 out due to knee, neck, or back surgery so that left us with 30 to 29 drivers then they'd let the rest go home and you would do 25-30 stops a day get back to terminal at 6:30 to 7:30 pm go swap a trailer or start pallet jacking freight on the dock, part timers got forklifts while 20 yer old veterns were pushing drum trucks. This all started taking place within the last 6 to 7 monthes that's when it got real bad. Drivers are quiting and they can't keep dock workers. I believe in working hard but this is non sense however all terminals are not like this. I miss my co worker s and my benefits but I do not miss the way things were being done at the terminal.
I don't blame you for leaving but key factor here like i have said in earlier post these guys are only going to work you as hard as you let them if I couldn't get a pallet Jack on the trailer i wouldnt cary one start bringing freight back then they will get the big picture you got to draw your on line no matter where you work at we are only human and can only do so much and that pallet Jack crap on the dock I bekive the minimum is 3 bills a hour movment on a Jack that's all I woulda done but all in all good luck where ever your at now and just remember if your at a freight company there all the same do only what you are capable of doing you do more there gona expect more

When I started here in the city. I had no power steering and no a/c. And most of the freight wasn't on pallets it was on the floor.

I don't blame you for leaving but key factor here like i have said in earlier post these guys are only going to work you as hard as you let them if I couldn't get a pallet Jack on the trailer i wouldnt cary one start bringing freight back then they will get the big picture you got to draw your on line no matter where you work at we are only human and can only do so much and that pallet Jack crap on the dock I bekive the minimum is 3 bills a hour movment on a Jack that's all I woulda done but all in all good luck where ever your at now and just remember if your at a freight company there all the same do only what you are capable of doing you do more there gona expect more
They would call you in the little operation managers office each morning and lecture you if your performance wasn't at least 120 over 88, and also if you bought freight back you were yelled at and talked to like a dog, lol it got crazy. The company tho is great just the terminal I was at went crazy. I never had a problem meeting my numbers or bringing back my freight, I just got tired of seeing them dog guys and run them in the ground. This isn't the Christian way of doing buis ess however there alsobis allot of name it and claim it out there people with a profession and not a possession. Jesus told Nicodemus ye must be born again. That word must is imperative not optional. Thank God for grace none of us our perfect but we should strive to be more like Christ if we have been born again. I believe overtime should be paid at least after 45 hours.

That's where your wrong the union ain't fk up yrc, yrc fkd it's on self up by buying up roadway Holland redeway new Penn and the rest of them that's where yrc fkd up at and not to sound rude but I worked at southeastern for 9 years Holland for 2.5 and back here at southeastern you don't want the union in over here there is no benefit of the union anymore and no disrespect to any teamsters out there but just ask one what kind of letter they got in the mail this week from the good ole union i got one to and it's a big slap in the face the pension is done for slashed in half probably more and ain't going to be there when guys start to retire and or ain't going to have nothing to retire on and job security what a joke iv seen more guys fired over at Holland than I ever have at southeastern lol they get there jobs back but it's the dang headache at least over here you come in clock in do your thing or try to they leave you alone but southeastern really needs to do something with there wild run linehaul drivers guranted 8 hours at least if they can't run us over 330 miles
Thx for the tip on DQ. Grilled chicken was good. You want SE to offer 8 mini pay!! If they won't pay OT city guys. Think they actually care for road? Missing some of those union work rules huh?

Thx for the tip on DQ. Grilled chicken was good. You want SE to offer 8 mini pay!! If they won't pay OT city guys. Think they actually care for road? Missing some of those union work rules huh?
I ain't gona sit here and lie about it yea I'm missing some of those union work rules right about now but take the bad with the good good with the bad

I ain't gona sit here and lie about it yea I'm missing some of those union work rules right about now but take the bad with the good good with the bad
At least your honest better quiet it down about drivers sticking together against company. One will sell you out for the newest Volvo coming to terminal. Be careful SE drivers aren't built with a sack of nuts.

At least your honest better quiet it down about drivers sticking together against company. One will sell you out for the newest Volvo coming to terminal. Be careful SE drivers aren't built with a sack of nuts.
Lmao you are right about that amazing how some folks act and change over a new truck that's not even there's I'll keep my old international but that's the problem over here nobody wants to do anything about the problems that exists over here and local mangment don't give a fk but about time you call down to Columbia all Heck breaks lose

Lmao you are right about that amazing how some folks act and change over a new truck that's not even there's I'll keep my old international but that's the problem over here nobody wants to do anything about the problems that exists over here and local mangment don't give a fk but about time you call down to Columbia all Heck breaks lose
They been like that since beginning of time. Guys are scared of management over there but will bitch about it on the phone in the truck just like Holland drivers but worse.

They been like that since beginning of time. Guys are scared of management over there but will bitch about it on the phone in the truck just like Holland drivers but worse.
Yea but a Holland employee will tell mangment to stick it where the sun don't shine to there face also every been in Joliet at 7:00 in the morning lol

I would like to see the power of each scm diminished. They have way too much control over each local terminal. Like a king in his kingdom. I think Columbia wants it this way so they don't have to deal with our issues. Home office seems to have lost interest in the people part of our company. Without us drivers they wouldn't have freight, only equipment. I think SCMs are told to offer the appearance of caring about our people, but to always put their numbers first. Maybe create a grievance review board composed of drivers

I would like to see the power of each scm diminished. They have way too much control over each local terminal. Like a king in his kingdom. I think Columbia wants it this way so they don't have to deal with our issues. Home office seems to have lost interest in the people part of our company. Without us drivers they wouldn't have freight, only equipment. I think SCMs are told to offer the appearance of caring about our people, but to always put their numbers first. Maybe create a grievance review board composed of drivers
You better get checked out. The word grievance and Southeastern don't go together lol.

How is the interline partnership with Dayton Freight holding up with SEFL? As I read it SEFL in moving into Ohio, and Chicago is this true? Tom C. years ago would blow a gasket when he learned of a interline partner expanding into Dayton Freight territory. Is Dayton Freight expanding south into TN and GA?

How is the interline partnership with Dayton Freight holding up with SEFL? As I read it SEFL in moving into Ohio, and Chicago is this true? Tom C. years ago would blow a gasket when he learned of a interline partner expanding into Dayton Freight territory. Is Dayton Freight expanding south into TN and GA?
Sefl expanded into KY with a terminal in Cincinnati also. I don't think they are moving into Union territory in OH or IL. A few years ago leadership announced our focus is to be the biggest and best in the sunbelt. 4 years later they move into KY and south OH. Haven't heard anything about Dayton having issues with it, but I'm sure that with as much rural low profit freight as KY has it won't be a big problem

I tell you what boys there are a lot of back stabbers at this company. I'll just say I've never seen line haul drivers talk so much junk about other drivers especially when they are not around. And when they are around they act like they are best friends then the other man is talking trash behind his back. I don't trust nobody here anymore just because you are a line haul driver don't mean nothing some of these drivers act like the company is going to fold if it weren't for them. Sad part is these drivers have only drove at Sefl. They have never been anywhere otr and have to live in a truck. Like I told a driver the other night I've been driving a truck since I could reach the petals I don't need no advice on how to drive. But you always got the know it alls over here. Sorry for the long rant. The drivers at this company are just getting worse. Btw I got a new automatic with the camera in it maybe I can put on a show for them if you know what I mean.

Last edited:
I tell you what boys there are a lot of back stabbers at this company. I'll just say I've never seen line haul drivers talk so much junk about other drivers especially when they are not around. And when they are around they act like they are best friends then the other man is talking trash behind his back. I don't trust nobody here anymore just because you are a line haul driver don't mean nothing some of these drivers act like the company is going to fold if it weren't for them. Sad part is these drivers have only drove at Sefl. They have never been anywhere otr and have to live in a truck. Like I told a driver the other night I've been driving a truck since I could reach the petals I don't need no advice on how to drive. But you always got the know it alls over here. Sorry for the long rant. The drivers at this company are just getting worse. Btw I got a new automatic with the camera in it maybe I can put on a show for them if you know what I mean.
I run vacation and I put on a show every time I drive our special truck more camera footage the better that way they know how a real super trucker drives and I try my best to get that 76mph warning to come on at least a few times a night fk all these gadgets in these trucks im gona drive it like iv always drove a truck so people just stay the fk outa my way

Sefl expanded into KY with a terminal in Cincinnati also. I don't think they are moving into Union territory in OH or IL. A few years ago leadership announced our focus is to be the biggest and best in the sunbelt. 4 years later they move into KY and south OH. Haven't heard anything about Dayton having issues with it, but I'm sure that with as much rural low profit freight as KY has it won't be a big problem
Louisville puts out alot of freight in that town well with Holland I know they had alot of freight movement but I have heard some rummors that Dayton is a little hot because some of there customers are just using southeastern for freight moving south instead of putting it on a Dayton truck which makes sense to me to just have one carrier move it all the way

I use to mash the clutch in on that prostar I had you get a little momentum going down hill and keep mashing the clutch. You can peg the needle in the dash.. dam it boy!!