XPO | what did you think of dougs video?

I thought it was a great video, the best I have ever seen. It really got me thinking safety. I have to admit that at the end of the video, when they showed a picture of his deceased daughter, I started to tear up. I cannot imagine the pain and loss of having your child die. I went home that day to my children and really KNEW how lucky I am to have them.

I thought it was a good video also, although its several years too late. But I guess its never to late to start caring. Bless thoughs for the ones we have lost.

Talking about safety, we're almost to 60 days with no accidents. Good thing too because there for a while we were trying to overtake nat in the region for accident leader.

I thought it was a good video. I really hope he can start by changing the attitude of middle management first. I know in our region, we have seen a definite shift more to safety rather than the old " move the freight at all costs" attitude. No triples in bad weather, canceling runs rather than send a guy into a storm, leaving freight behind, rather than " don't worry the scale is closed" because your overweight. We have a lot of deadwood in both middle management as well as DRS's with ****-poor attitudes. I have been here long enough to remember the good old days, as well as the dark times. Up here anyways, we are still the one of the best companies to work for. We have had several people leave, all said it was a mistake. We are not perfect, but if we change our thinking and look out for each other, I think we will be just fine.

the video is being showed in groups at my sc. we were told about it last week and not all of us have watched it, im not sure what the time frame is for all. ask your fom and fos they all saw it a few weeks ago on a saturday.

we were threatened with the attendance policy for not showing up to the meeting to watch it.

One thing caught my ear was his weyer hauser story. Anybody else get where Im going?

we were threatened with the attendance policy for not showing up to the meeting to watch it.

One thing caught my ear was his weyer hauser story. Anybody else get where Im going?

I caught that part, but don't understand where your going with it?

I haven't seen it yet. Here's my problem with it. Why should I care about some millionares problems. He or any of the people at Ann Harbor cares about me or my problems. My heart goes out to his family but they XGO don't need to shove it up our a$$'s. There is already enough up there. I need to wear my No Vacancy Full underware again. Hea, maybe I should make a video about my problems and send it to him. I can start it out that I have no more pension and he has a golden parachute!

I haven't seen it yet. Here's my problem with it. Why should I care about some millionares problems. He or any of the people at Ann Harbor cares about me or my problems. My heart goes out to his family but they XGO don't need to shove it up our a$$'s. There is already enough up there. I need to wear my No Vacancy Full underware again. Hea, maybe I should make a video about my problems and send it to him. I can start it out that I have no more pension and he has a golden parachute!

I didn't take that away from it. You haven't seen it yet, but he uses the death of his daughter and the fact that the school bus driver that killed her had a history of bad driving and other dangerous behaviours ,but they kept shuffling her around because they were short staffed to draw attention to the fact that we have to change our thinking about safety here. Give it a chance, watch the video and then make a judgement on it.

I didn't take that away from it. You haven't seen it yet, but he uses the death of his daughter and the fact that the school bus driver that killed her had a history of bad driving and other dangerous behaviours ,but they kept shuffling her around because they were short staffed to draw attention to the fact that we have to change our thinking about safety here. Give it a chance, watch the video and then make a judgement on it.

After doing a little more research on this incident I believe there were mistakes made by not only the driver, but the school districts transportation manager in not releasing this driver.

But why did Doug S.wait until 2012 to start focusing on safety?

Last edited by a moderator:
it is what it is. change is coming and safety is the number one core value. no longer will the "freight" dictate policy. safety and exception free will be standard. say its the "koolaid" if you want but it is what it is!

I think there are alot of sad stories with in this vast group of people, however most dont have the means or position to bring it to the attention of everone,in a different setting people might ask where the parent was when the little girl ran in front of the bus, however no matter whos at fault this is but one more horrible accident that could have been avoided.

After doing a little more research on this incident I believe there were mistakes made by not only the driver, but the school districts transportation manager in not releasing this driver.

But why did Doug S.wait until 2012 to start focusing on safety?

who said he just started?

first, as with any change of behavior, there comes a point where people themselves must decide to consciously change their behavior

second, who was the audience of the presentation... supervisors. He was addressing their responsibility to safety, kind of a introduction to how to be a leader of safety first, operations second

third, the focus shifts away from the 1 percenters, those who refuse to change unsafe behaviors