Estes | What do you guys think?

pathfinder73929

TB Lurker
Credits
Lets make a list of terminals with bunkrooms that have problems, and describe the problems. I haven't been to all the terminals with bunk rooms and if corp. dosent know of the problems they wont fix them. Lets make a list and then foward it to them and see if they will do something. Just a suggestion.

Lets make a list of terminals with bunkrooms that have problems, and describe the problems. I haven't been to all the terminals with bunk rooms and if corp. dosent know of the problems they wont fix them. Lets make a list and then foward it to them and see if they will do something. Just a suggestion.

We could also post pics here. If it's not against the rules. (I haven't read them yet):biglaugh: ... I had TM's tell me they wouldn't mind seeing some of the conditions of the other terminals around the country. This would be a good place to let the world see how Rob saves millions each year. :stirthepot:

Good idea. One of my biggest beefs while running the extra board was the horrendous conditions of some of the bunk rooms, especially the filthy showers and such. Also, it would be a good idea to list the terminals where the bunk rooms are next to offices where you can hear nearly every word and phones ringing constantly and the walking upstairs, etc. One could barely sleep without ear plugs.

Pics would be great especially for the filthy rooms and showers. Maybe Richmond will wake up if this is posted. I'm all for it as in most places it is virtually impossible to get a decent amount of rest.

That's why, in many cases, I opted for the motel where I at least paid a decent price for decent rest.

Well I don't think its a good idea to post pics on here because I don't want to do anything detrimental to the company. All I want to do is make things better for our fellow drivers and better for the company. I think a list of terminals with the described bunkroom problems would be a good first step.

ya we can pm them [pics] to any corp people that step up. they do read what we post. and i welcome all the corp guys and ladies. great idea. I know the Nashville bunkhouse has beds hard as rocks

I don't go there anymore,but I was on a scheduled run to

Atlanta years ago and the old bunk room was horrible. Told

the TM at the time about it,but what could he do.After Rob

bought the old Swift terminal down the street,it got a whole

lot better.Don't know what it is like now,but he did improve it

by letting us stay at the other one.Since I don't run extra board

I will let ya'll have this one.Good luck and I hope it works.

Well I don't think its a good idea to post pics on here because I don't want to do anything detrimental to the company. All I want to do is make things better for our fellow drivers and better for the company. I think a list of terminals with the described bunkroom problems would be a good first step.

I don't think complaining has ever fixed the problem. Drivers been doing that for years. If they are nice enough to sleep in the pics should be ok. :smilies-19296:

It only took Jim M. one time to stay in the

old Bulldog Motel in Athens to get it changed.

Maybe ya'll should ask them to stay in these

bunk rooms,maybe they'll change.

why do we have to stay in uncleaned bunkrooms, there are some nasty drivers that work here. They don't shower for days and then lay up in the bunkroom and the terminals don't care and don't even check them out.

I find the noise the single worst problem. the new terminals in Nashville, Elkton and such are properly designed. Some old terminals, Albany, Waynesboro, Baltimore, etc. have rooms so close to office or dock or both that sleep is tough. Soundproofing would be expensive and the commitment is not there to do anything.

I find the noise the single worst problem. the new terminals in Nashville, Elkton and such are properly designed. Some old terminals, Albany, Waynesboro, Baltimore, etc. have rooms so close to office or dock or both that sleep is tough. Soundproofing would be expensive and the commitment is not there to do anything.

You for got to mention Orlando. If anyone can sleep on those bunkrooms, they must have hearing loss or some kind of major non alert disororder. :biglaugh:

Man, that sucks Estes uses bunk houses. I thought those went away years ago? That's too bad. When I drove for Viking and later Motor Cargo, those jippo's didn't make us do that. BTW, all of your "new" YRC terminals don't have them.

Man, that sucks Estes uses bunk houses. I thought those went away years ago? That's too bad. When I drove for Viking and later Motor Cargo, those jippo's didn't make us do that. BTW, all of your "new" YRC terminals don't have them.

If he wants too, he'll build one.Seen him do it before.

are'nt there minimum standards to be maintained for these bunks rooms as determined by some board of whatever....or department of whoever...??

bunk rooms

I e-mailed curtis c. about it a while ago and he was concerned. i gave him a small list of terminals and i've seen the difference.

Why do you suppose Rob has cash to pay for YRCW terminals? You didn't assume that he and his management team swallowed the magic pill that lead them to profitability, did you? I don't believe there was ever a carrier in the west that expected their line drivers to rest in an insect infested, rat dwelling, dungeon. T Elvis out....

I e-mailed curtis c. about it a while ago and he was concerned. i gave him a small list of terminals and i've seen the difference.

Well, if this is true, then good for you guys. But I have one question. Why can't they afford a medium priced motel room, so that you would have a much better chance to get proper rest? Send Curtis C. my love. He has a special place in his heart for me. T Elvis out.....

I don't believe there was ever a carrier in the west that expected their line drivers to rest in an insect infested, rat dwelling, dungeon. T Elvis out....

:biglaugh: I agree. The thing I never understood is that all the terminals east of the Mississippi have a bunkroom policy. These roach filled dungeons has to be filled before we start checking in at the Hilton. (Jacksonville just re-opened their bunks for us xtra's to use now) The few terminals west of the Miss. that has bunks have an option, "dungeon or motel."

I like how you guys refer to your CEO by his first name. When was the last time he invited you all over to his mansion??? ..lol