ABF | What do you like about ABF/ What do you hate abou ABF?

I like the way the company keeps their eyes on the dollar. It looks like they keep good track of the cost of their equipment over the life of the equipment. They have a good preventative maintenance program and they like their Mack trucks. I always felt that Macks were well built cost effective trucks and the people that I know who have owned them reaffirm my beliefs. I also like the way they keep track of the profitability/unprofitability of the freight they select to haul. I like the fact that they will cut the unprofitable accounts. I don't like some of the labor intensive residential deliveries they have built up but at times the tips are pretty good so it feels a little better.
In order for us to continue to have good jobs the company does have to make money on the freight they haul and I am soooo glad that they don't just cut the rates just so they can haul the freight.

i like my new abf dvd i just got in the mail. I dont like the fact that they arent going to pay me to watch it.

i like not going in every day,plus getting my teamsters pension check every month.as for the dvd it would go in the trash.we always saw ours on company time.

A. Teamster forever

I like that all the AIR in the tractors work! YOUR STAYING COOL BROTHER ALWAYS!

I could say something like "You've always been cool in my book, Brother Muler!",...but that would be buttering you up, and I don't see any cash in that for me............

I don't like all the swinging door pups they are buying. YOUR BACK AND FORTH BROTHER ALWAYS!

I don't mind the swinging doors unless it's an all day rainy day. I know and appreciate the benefits of loading those trailers. I do wish they'd slim down that kickboard though the ones they use these days really make a big difference in the space available and the bottom foot of the trailer.

Our BA's famous saying was ( YOUR LUCKEY YOUR WORKING DRIVER ).

A TEAMSTER FOREVER.

No, Brother...HE'S lucky that he got your vote to put him in office and provide him with a cushy expense account and a 3 year guaranteed job. He'll be REALLY LUCKY if he gets re-elected with an attitude like that........

Hey tyson what is up with the contract for ABF Teamsters in 2013? Our contract will expire before UPS. Do your job! YOUR WAITING FOR YOUR RESPONSE BROTHER ALWAYS! PS I Like the ABF paychecks!

I don't mind the swinging doors unless it's an all day rainy day. I know and appreciate the benefits of loading those trailers. I do wish they'd slim down that kickboard though the ones they use these days really make a big difference in the space available and the bottom foot of the trailer.

That's too true....sometimes a quarter-inch makes all the difference between 16 pallets and 14 pallets. I like the swinging doors because they help me reduce that spare tire I had mounted around my stomach. 2000 extra steps a day!

That's too true....sometimes a quarter-inch makes all the difference between 16 pallets and 14 pallets. I like the swinging doors because they help me reduce that spare tire I had mounted around my stomach. 2000 extra steps a day!

Brother Muler........ABSOLUTELY! Where is our "Leadership"? All the UPS and UPS Freight drivers in our Local have been notified that they are gathering contract proposals now. I think maybe we should start collecting money to erect a monument for the death of the NMFA.....I mean just in case.........and, ....yeah, I think we really should engrave it in stone somewhere. Future generations should know of the demise of the greatest Labor agreement ever negotiated....and the model for the UPS agreement..........I mean just in case it happens. Sometimes I believe our "leadership" relies on our short memories, and an actual stone monument would be a permanent embarrassment for any Labor leader who allows that to happen...........I mean just in case, you know......By the way, I like the camaderie and intelligence I find with ABF's workforce......seems to be a little better here than elsewhere.

What do I like and hate about ABF ? I like the friends I've made that work here. Hate the fact they were so far away when I decided to work for yellow when they both called.

Sorry to break into your discusion.

I like ABF because their name is easy to spell. I don't like the fact that there is no heaters on the Midwest terminals docks, I'm just saying.

I like ABF because their name is easy to spell. I don't like the fact that there is no heaters on the Midwest terminals docks, I'm just saying.

Rumor has it that new towmotors will have air conditioning. Or at least, it wasn't a rumor until now......

Rumor has it that new towmotors will have air conditioning. Or at least, it wasn't a rumor until now......

They could at least hang a heater coil under the dash with a little fan so we'd catch a warm breeze now and then in the winter months.