ABF | What do you like about ABF/ What do you hate abou ABF?

I've worked for 5 different truck line & 2 railroads. ABF is by far the best company I've ever worked for. My supervisor & Dept Mgr always treat me with respect and allows me to do my job without interference.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes Brother Marine6, I think ABF is famous for that. They don't hire children, so they don't treat their employees like children.

Yes Brother Marine6, I think ABF is famous for that. They don't hire children, so they don't treat their employees like children.
I'm going to bite my tongue on this one for now.
Well maybe not...Have you met Humpty Dumpty yet?

I'm going to bite my tongue on this one for now.
Well maybe not...Have you met Humpty Dumpty yet?
Is it better since they got rid of the real problem there Brother? Remember we talked and I said he would not last if he cost them money? I hope it is better. YOUR BROTHER ALWAYS!

Is it better since they got rid of the real problem there Brother? Remember we talked and I said he would not last if he cost them money? I hope it is better. YOUR BROTHER ALWAYS!

It is better, much better and I thank you Brother Muler. And our business seems to be growing, which makes it better for all.

I like that I make six figures a year, I like that the company pays my great benefits and pension. I like that we have work rules...no brown nosing for a better position. Managment treats you with respect ,you get your bills and go to work.

Noooo not in payroll. Your screen name leads me to believe you might be from coal cracking country. Do you work with go40? He knows Humpty Dumpty.

All you need now is operation thunder-ball, or as we use to call it operation, thunder-blunder.always remember when they get rid of 1 bum,they send him on to some other poor souls.
A teamster forver.

All you need now is operation thunder-ball, or as we use to call it operation, thunder-blunder.always remember when they get rid of 1 bum,they send him on to some other poor souls.
A teamster forver.

You are right on the money, my friend. You can call me selfish if you want but that is what we call NMP. Not my problem.

Noooo not in payroll. Your screen name leads me to believe you might be from coal cracking country. Do you work with go40? He knows Humpty Dumpty.

Yup...we're down here in southwestern PA. No , I don't know GO40....very few younger people know what a "canary in the mine" is. That's me....and I've been gasping over the shenanigans of the trucking industry, and the so-called "intelligent" leaders who make the important decisions. "Humpty Dumpty" also sounds descriptive, but if I remember correctly, he came to a rather bad ending. Real-life fairy tale?

It's descriptive but no bad ending...yet. Funny thing is how they never seem to get the message when they get shifted around to be someone elses problem.
Back on topic for a minute...I like how the sups screw drivers day after day and think nobody knows it's happening. Even more likeable is how they cry like babies when they can't get a favor from those drivers they screw.

And I always thought it was Elvis Costello's, "You've got to be cruel to be kind".

My biggest issue with the job is listening to all of the worthless complaints by senior bid drivers about the job. The complaints are bizarre, petty, and just unbelievable.

You don't have to be a complainer to be a driver but it helps you fit in with the crowd.

My biggest issue with the job is listening to all of the worthless complaints by senior bid drivers about the job. The complaints are bizarre, petty, and just unbelievable.
Just curious Chumley. It is not only the senior bid drivers that complain is it? YOUR BROTHER ALWAYS!