What do you like about Truckingboards?

Guardrail

TB Legend
Credits
I enjoy a spirited debate with like minded individuals.

I also enjoy one site that I can discover information and advances to my industry, the industry that I have dedicated my life to.

I like truckingboards because I enjoy a lively
Debate with people of differing viewpoints as well as the exchange of information on a wide array of topics...the spirit of camaraderie among the community of regularly contributing members.... Plus...I get to be LAST when Big Dave and Flounder let me....

GREETINGS ALL,

I've been enjoying this wonderful site for some YEARS and not wanting the alteration of anything apart from what Jeff has lying in wait.

I REALLY LIKE how Jeff keeps the format OPEN in that it changes, which is diversity, which is Trucking and Life and the Pursuit of Happy Wizardry.

I do enjoy the imparting of wisdom through stimulating camaraderie affecting the useful and not always afforded Common Sense attribute of which most Earthlings have been endowed. --I do not heretofore claim non Earthling status. It is that this is the only Planetary Species of which I was summoned to spring forth, thereof I am a fellow Earthling in this Existence.--

While Steven Hawking remarked a short while back about *"Primordial Gravitational Waves"*, I have found that by instilling the Intellect over Emotion construct, far superior results are administered, unlike, as WE have been witness, those admirable Beings commenting in their various and flavored, and to some, intoxicating linguistic mannerisms, unlike this prose. *reference Steven Hawking @ Facebook*

First, Last...It Matters Not for there is no LAST unless one becomes the LAST PERSON upon this Planet, then one truly WINS AT LAST or AT LAST.......WINS.
Let US Cheer on the Winners!!

Comments/Suggestions gladly accepted/reviewed.

Thanks b 2 You!
CHEERS!!

First, I like it 'cause its free!!. For me the jury is still out on the new format. I have to a certain extent finding the politics pages a bit boring since Magoo got the hook. I like a good worthwile debate as much as the next person. If everyone agree's, where the debate?

i like that not only did i learnt how to tipe, but that i can have a peanut-butter, jelly and banana samwich in one hand ant tipe with the other.

the only really annoying problem though, is when the peanut-butter sticks to the roof of my mouth and i misspell some werds.

I lost my like count to it was just starting to take off, that made me sad :(

However, I like this forum, everybody on here is really nice and we don't have a bunch of trolls and super truckers running around always trying to discredit people and tear them down, like some other trucking forums do.
This site has the absolute best forum for people in the food, beverage and LTL trucking industry bar nun, the best. The food carriers section of this forum is by far the best on the internet and this forum has the best industry experts for food service carriers it's the only forum that has members from Sysco, GFS, and all kinds of other companies that know have the inside scoop on what it's really like working in the trenches at those places.

The OTR forums while there are good people on those forums there really are I've talked to some really good ones however, there are also a lot of mean nasty Kenworth W900 people, who are always looking to be mean. Why are some not all, but some OTR drivers so hateful?
The other delivery drivers that I run into out on my routes aren't hateful or rude, most have been great to work with. Yet the OTR drivers are always looking to screw each other over and knife each other in the back and take anyone else they can down with them.

I lost my like count to it was just starting to take off, that made me sad :(

However, I like this forum, everybody on here is really nice and we don't have a bunch of trolls and super truckers running around always trying to discredit people and tear them down, like some other trucking forums do.

aww, come on now.......

discredit...??? .......super truckers..???........

really.....we ain't got none of them...????

nice...???? nice....?????

awww, come on now.........

give it some time...........maybe someone will invite you over for dinner............

(won't be me though...........!!!).......:lmao:

The OTR forums while there are good people on those forums there really are I've talked to some really good ones however, there are also a lot of mean nasty Kenworth W900 people, who are always looking to be mean. Why are some not all, but some OTR drivers so hateful?

the "mean nasty ones" come in all shapes (literally) and sizes. just because someone says he "has or drives K-whopper", doesn't make him (most nasty people are men) specific to being rude, crude, nasty, etc,etc.

i drove many of the truck brands out there, and i too can get down an dirty (and i have over the years), but i grew out of that phase. but some never do. so truck brand actually has no bearing on the over all person..

while "some" OTR drivers appreciate the fact that they can communicate with others for dirt cheap, over the extreme expense of having to use the old fashion pay phones of years gone by, it's a way to "stay connected" to the human race.

many times to, (i do believe) it has to do with jealousy. many of us (right now especially me), are not working, some are retired, i am still out on disability, and others have a sweet job, where they are home after x-number of hours.

some of those (ass-wipes) that are "the mean nasty ones", had a choice of road, regional, local, or get the "F" out of the industry. but THEY chose to stay in it, for whatever reason(s) they have. do not forget too, that some have LOUSY driving records or a criminal record, or a work history record, and many times, the ONLY jobs available to them are indeed OTR. they know THEY "F"ed up, but blame others for thier shortness in sight into thier futures beyond thier transgressions.

to them, i say.........."F" you too"

when you cross paths with such a group of aceholes, just say good-bye, or say nothing at all, and move on.....

The other delivery drivers that I run into out on my routes aren't hateful or rude, most have been great to work with. Yet the OTR drivers are always looking to screw each other over and knife each other in the back and take anyone else they can down with them.

some "local" drivers help you out, even if they do not know you. this i too know from personal experience..when it did happen to me, i offered to buy the guy a coffee, which was mostly always turned down, but the offer still stood, "for the next time i see you"...

OTR guys (again it's mostly guys) have to show that he is the big bad lion that has to roar to prove he is a man, when in fact, he is a "p"....(can't say the word here).........ever hear any of them talk the talk in a truck stop or on the c.b. radio on how he would like to do "such and such" to some famous beautiful actress..??? when in fact, he probably can't "get it up"...???

they talk the talk on how they think they are God's gift to women, when in fact, many really ought to think on how they are God's gift to another man.....

back stabbing is as natural a thing among them as it was when i was teaching at the CDL Mill i worked at.....

one has to ALWAYS watch his own back, lest he not, and be stabbed and left to die when then he get's rolled under the bus...

as long as you have "some friends", whether it be here online, or at your job, and maybe someday the city job, that is all that matters.

no one else has shown you thier open to being a friend, over being an acehole.......

now STFU.............i gotta take a pill now, and yet another nap.........:1sm057crazy:

Last edited:
I actually have nothing against Kenworth's I am sure they are fine trucks, but you know who I'm talking about the big "tough guys" with the black fancy Peterbuilts or Kenworths.

I actually have nothing against Kenworth's I am sure they are fine trucks, but you know who I'm talking about the big "tough guys" with the black fancy Peterbuilts or Kenworths.

they "think" they are 'tough guys"......

i walk away from them. as what they had shown is what an idiot they really are.

if a guy has to talk tough, then he is as i said, a "P" (can't say the word)..

tough talk only shows about as much ignorance as one who uses the "F" word every other word out of his mouth.

walk away, and laugh as you do.

and since you really do not come into too much contact with any of 'em, i really wouldn't carry on much more concerns.

you would have loved OTR or long haul as it was once called, back in my day...

you would have died laughing.......when ever you stopped at the truck stops, and God forbid, sat at the counter.