ODFL | What do you like about your job ?

JIM BOB

06/47-08/20
Rest In Peace
Credits
The thing I like most about my job is I'm still an individual.I am limited only by my own abilities and initiative.If I want to work freight,Ican.If I want to be a supervisor or a dispatcher,they will train me.If I want to run L/H,they will train me.Anything I want to be they will train me.I have no limits,no restaints,governed by no contract.I have nothing but respect for ALL men that have been in this business over the haul.This is a hard life and only the strong survive.I am working where I am because it suits me ,the individual.This old fart is going to take a little time off the boards,you young guys are wearing me out.

one thing with my barn is that they dont bust your chops. when i started i worked peddle.now starting 7am was not my cup o tea so i went to hourly linehaul @2am really liked it but my legs couldnt stand being in the tractor for hours on end.so now i have 2am volume p&d and its really working out well. im happy, my tm is happy my dispatcher is estatic and if i want to make some xtra bucks i will do a linehaul on sat. most places wouldnt consider what you want but this place did. so what if i dont get ot until 60. im doing non stressful work and im home by 1pm every day.

I know my place in the chain and it is stable.I am not the first link or the last.I like what i do and where i work,although everyday is not perfect but that is part of the puzzle.It would be boring otherwise.

I like it that when things get slow OD seems to attempt to keep everybody working with little favoritism. Yeah sometimes some employees lose more than others it seems to me if you are flexible management tries to find something for you to do.

I wish our TM believed in promoting from within... Just about EVERY supervisor position at my terminal... are his Buddies from GI trucking...

Funny.. a lot of fellows who've ventured up to our terminal from PHX are all from GI.