SEFL | What do you love about working here and what do you hate about working here.

They're certainly all about the pyramid aren't they? I've found it's a rather odd culture. I mean, I've seen QWQ's handed out for as little as a driver fueling a tractor.

It reminds me a lot of the videos I've seen about Wal-Mart team meetings where they brainwash the associates.

Don't get me wrong I love it here, I just don't pay the propaganda any mind.

It all depends on what king rules his little kingdom as to what is emphasized. Some scm are big on quality while others ignore it

Are we stuck under our i.q. supervisor? We have two dispatchers and each druver is assigned under one. They handle different territories.

Last edited:
i love that the owners make the scm look out for the drivers job satisfaction level. Managers who perform poorly on SDI are told to change things. If the drivers make it past the "change" they may get to see a new manager who listens to his drivers to a certain degree

I love getting new equipment. Feel bad for all the holland, yrc, Wilson, ABF guys that have to drive around worn out junk. Must take a toll on their backs

My biggest gripe against Sefl is that seniority means next to nothing. You get first pick of vacations and the newest truck if you are at the top, but that's all it counts for. I've watched guys nearing retirement age get pulled off their routes so a younger faster man can give the scm the numbers he wants

I love getting new equipment. Feel bad for all the holland, yrc, Wilson, ABF guys that have to drive around worn out junk. Must take a toll on their backs
Those spring ride M2 freightliners ride like a wagon on wooden wheels and all the junk freight that southeastern specializes in hurt my back more than the junk I've driven elsewhere. I will say their facilities are second to none.

1267 new tractors since 2014 and still more coming in. YRC even more new ones coming. New guys over here may have to ride old for a little til there replaced.

Those spring ride M2 freightliners ride like a wagon on wooden wheels and all the junk freight that southeastern specializes in hurt my back more than the junk I've driven elsewhere. I will say their facilities are second to none.[/QUOTE
Over the last year or two we have gotten new m2 freight liners with Cummings or Detroit engines matched up with an Allison automatic. They don't jerk your body around the cab like the older m2s with the c9 cats