ODFL | What do you Love about working here? What do you Hate about working here?

Been here 7 month's and lovin it. Came over from FredEx Freight where I was an overpaid dock worker.
Don't think to much of the people who only move the freight around. Should be making way less then you. Your opinion and are in titled to it.

Last edited by a moderator:
I enjoy coming in from city and being asked you good on hrs? Or would you like another swap. Hate asking a question and seems at times manager not sure. Simple question about safety bonus. But nothing get me upset about. I sure do love putting on a green uniform. My old blue ones were burned!:15::clapping:

Don't think to much of the people who only move the freight around. Should be making way less then you. Your opinion and are in titled to it. Here's mine your an idiot

Thanks for the insult Skidmark. I worked the dock for many years before I got my license and believe me I know those guys bust their butt and earn their money. The only thing I meant by that was that I got my license to drive not to work the dock. Thanks again for the insult you have such good character that you insult somebody you don't even know.

Thanks for the insult Skidmark. I worked the dock for many years before I got my license and believe me I know those guys bust their butt and earn their money. The only thing I meant by that was that I got my license to drive not to work the dock. Thanks again for the insult you have such good character that you insult somebody you don't even know.
You are welcome

I enjoy coming in from city and being asked you good on hrs? Or would you like another swap. Hate asking a question and seems at times manager not sure. Simple question about safety bonus. But nothing get me upset about. I sure do love putting on a green uniform. My old blue ones were burned!:15::clapping:
BEFORE IT WAS BLUE IT WAS WHITE AND BROWN... GLAD I WORKED THERE.. LEARNED THE FREIGHT BUSINESS REAL WELL... VERY DIFFERENT CULTURE HERE... LET ME SEE IF I CAN COMPARE THE TWO COMPANIES IN THEIR DIFFERENCES... CHAIN GANG (OL BLUE) TO THE COUNTRY CLUB (GREEN)

Most drivers know what an "overpaid dock worker" is,some do not.I think it was just a misunderstanding.I was once an overpaid dock worker myself,then I had to find greener pastures.

Recently, I've been doing some trolling on your forum (and a few other company's forums) and reading some of what you guys have been saying, and comparing the forums. I don't post on your forum because I don't want to be accused of trolling, so I stay quiet. But I must say.......Old Dominion must be doing something right since not only do you guys seem to have more positive attitudes, but the numbers show that you guys have become one of the industry leaders.
Congrats.

(Now...... I'll crawl back under my rock.)

Recently, I've been doing some trolling on your forum (and a few other company's forums) and reading some of what you guys have been saying, and comparing the forums. I don't post on your forum because I don't want to be accused of trolling, so I stay quiet. But I must say.......Old Dominion must be doing something right since not only do you guys seem to have more positive attitudes, but the numbers show that you guys have become one of the industry leaders.
Congrats.

(Now...... I'll crawl back under my rock.)
Thank you for the kind word's.Some never understand that we really do have good thing over here.Join us anytime&again thank's for the compliment.

BEFORE IT WAS BLUE IT WAS WHITE AND BROWN... GLAD I WORKED THERE.. LEARNED THE FREIGHT BUSINESS REAL WELL... VERY DIFFERENT CULTURE HERE... LET ME SEE IF I CAN COMPARE THE TWO COMPANIES IN THEIR DIFFERENCES... CHAIN GANG (OL BLUE) TO THE COUNTRY CLUB (GREEN)

They didn't call us Con-way convicts for nothing... Lol

OD is avery inconsistent company ! What applies today might not apply next week ! What applies at one terminal might not apply at another !
I completely agree.. Should be able to make a set of across the board work rules.. OLD DOM is growing so fast that they need consistent work rules with ALL the terminals..

I completely agree.. Should be able to make a set of across the board work rules.. OLD DOM is growing so fast that they need consistent work rules with ALL the terminals..

We ll I've saw a lot job posting for HR positions including more regional HR and the newest is for HR in larger terminals. That would leave me think more consistency is coming. I just hope they fix the gaps in the hiring process and interviewing for other positions. It's currently slow and sometimes too buddy buddy even for trucking.

I agree to an extent, like give them 30 minutes to an hour if you're on a via (30 minutes is required for a rest break anyway so that shouldn't be paid) but if they call you in at a certain time and the freight isn't ready, then yes we should be paid from the minute we are supposed to be there. I'm fine with $7.50/hr at the hotel 2 hrs past due up. Better than nothing and you're not working, so technically they don't owe you anything in the first place.