Averitt | What do you Love about working here? What do you Hate about working here?

Lets make a big thread for all potential new co-workers to read about the benefits and drawbacks about working here.

What do you Love about working here? What do you Hate about working here? PLEASE REFRAIN FROM ATTACKING OTHER MEMBERS REPLIES WHETHER THEY BE POSITIVE OR NEGATIVE.
I'm pretty new still but dislikes, getting in Saturdays, having the shop work on your truck all day and have even to drive at night without sleeping,should have bunks to sleep in while they work on the truck.

I'm pretty new still but dislikes, getting in Saturdays, having the shop work on your truck all day and have even to drive at night without sleeping,should have bunks to sleep in while they work on the truck.
You're still new. You'll grow to despise a lot more than this. Averitt is the training ground for drivers that will soon leave and go on to real companies. Can't believe that in 2 weeks will mark a year since I left Averitt. My blood pressure has gone down and I feel much better.
As a side note, I hope to never ever drive a big truck again. 40 years of that bodily abuse is more than enough.

You're still new. You'll grow to despise a lot more than this. Averitt is the training ground for drivers that will soon leave and go on to real companies. Can't believe that in 2 weeks will mark a year since I left Averitt. My blood pressure has gone down and I feel much better.
As a side note, I hope to never ever drive a big truck again. 40 years of that bodily abuse is more than enough.
Hopefully this isn't true but I had all ready talked to another company. For now I will stick around and give it shot here. I really wanted to go back the oilfields as a driver but it's still dead now

Merry Christmas. A word of advice, if you can go to a larger service center, yes sometimes the service isn't the same as you get in the smaller ones but the advantage is that you may be able to find a brand new unassigned truck to crash in while the work is being done. Grab your pillow blanket and alarm and that couple of hours rest you get is priceless.

Merry Christmas. A word of advice, if you can go to a larger service center, yes sometimes the service isn't the same as you get in the smaller ones but the advantage is that you may be able to find a brand new unassigned truck to crash in while the work is being done. Grab your pillow blanket and alarm and that couple of hours rest you get is priceless.
Never thought of that,good advice. But still think it would be beneficial for drivers to have a spot where to sleep in.

Pete90 I celebrated my 27th year at Averitt this year. I work out of Knoxville and I too started at the bottom and worked my way to where I am today. Living the dream in a daycab running Shuttle. The first few years can be rocky but trust me it will be worth the wait especially since we have made it easier to transfer to city or Shuttle with everyone on the same pay scale.

Pete90 I celebrated my 27th year at Averitt this year. I work out of Knoxville and I too started at the bottom and worked my way to where I am today. Living the dream in a daycab running Shuttle. The first few years can be rocky but trust me it will be worth the wait especially since we have made it easier to transfer to city or Shuttle with everyone on the same pay scale.
Yeah hopefully it will be easy to transfer if spots are open. It's a good job sof far.

Be careful and avoid the red Kool-aid. They will try to intravenously force feed the BS on to you. Just be suspect of anything they tell you which, for the most part, is lies.

Keep in mind that every company has it's perks and downfalls. Truckload was good to me when I was in it, I had good managers, I'd stay out if I needed the miles and they would keep me busy but each of us have our own needs for us and our family. Dedicated (supply chain) may work for others, city/line haul may work for another. Personally I like the perks I can get here over that $1-$1.50an hour more I can make somewhere else. New trucks and trailers means less headaches for me and working a/c when I need it, being able to bid on the start time and route I WANT vs being TOLD when to come in and what I HAVE to do, knowing I have a set time to come to work everyday vs calling in every day to see if I will get to work.... all of those add up, plus I have a CHOICE in making more $$ if I want to work on the weekend. I've done well here, the tax man especially thinks so.

Not sure about what runs you want. I got stuck with one this weekend because the guys that had been home didn't want to leave out today which I don't think is fair. Really ticked me off when he said the other guys had stuff to do like theirs is more important than what I had to do.
Also another thing making me upset is the stupid break. I take 30 minutes take off and look down and it shows I hadn't taken it. This is the 3rd time that has happend. Just wasted 34 minutes trying to make sure I didn't get screwed which I did.

Not sure about what runs you want. I got stuck with one this weekend because the guys that had been home didn't want to leave out today which I don't think is fair. Really ticked me off when he said the other guys had stuff to do like theirs is more important than what I had to do.
Also another thing making me upset is the stupid break. I take 30 minutes take off and look down and it shows I hadn't taken it. This is the 3rd time that has happend. Just wasted 34 minutes trying to make sure I didn't get screwed which I did.
That's not Averitt, that's your lovely government....another reasonj I am SO damn glad I am away from the trucking clown show.

I have to admit that AE has been taking good care of drivers during this slow down in the freight over the past couple of months.
Yes sir... JNJ, Land Star, Barr Nunn and other outside drivers are still running while AE drivers sit at home 2 to 3 nights a week.

I have to admit that AE has been taking good care of drivers during this slow down in the freight over the past couple of months.
Yes sir... JNJ, Land Star, Barr Nunn and other outside drivers are still running while AE drivers sit at home 2 to 3 nights a week.
In other words AE hasn't changed one bit. I cannot express deeply enough how glad I am that I left Averitt over 2 years ago. Best move I ever made.

Im on the Dock at NOR and so far enjoy working at Averitt. I'm wanted to get in the Dock to driver program to get my CDL and drive. Any tips would be great! Thanks!

I started on the dock at age 19 in 1988, trained on the yard tractor, started local at age 21. Transferred to Shuttle in 1998 and still loving life. Just be teachable and work hard and you will go far.

I started on the dock at age 19 in 1988, trained on the yard tractor, started local at age 21. Transferred to Shuttle in 1998 and still loving life. Just be teachable and work hard and you will go far.
Thanks! Looking to go to TL/OTL first then come back to shuttle or city after a few years out. Excited about the journey with Averitt

I like team shuttle and from what I've seen here I wouldnt work any other position at this company. Decent company but at the end of the day still just another driver number / seat filler with a great paycheck.