Estes | What do you Love about working here? What do you Hate about working here?

OK I hate that someone can transfer at random from anywhere in the system and bump a driver that has been patiently going up the list in his terminal and being bumped down by a driver that has to actually drive 100 to 200 miles to get to work and then they do another 500 or more behind the truck wheel. Just Sayin. While Im at it why in the hell would you bid on a run that you cant go home on and then actually pay a motel for lodging? Would you not be better off just running extra board and let the company take care of it ? WTF!!! Wait I get it ... "they may make me run the northeast" . WAAA ,pee boys. Flame on... you know who you are . Lets get some feedback on this.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you guys are going to a motel on your dime instead of staying in the bunkhouse, wouldn't that clue that terminal in? That it sucks? I would think they would close it or make it more inviting.

That would be a good assumption, problem is there seems to be no shame at the bunk house terminals, cuz when the window clerks are told that your going to the mo mo on your dime, their response is "I don't blame you"

That would be a good assumption, problem is there seems to be no shame at the bunk house terminals, cuz when the window clerks are told that your going to the mo mo on your dime, their response is "I don't blame you"

So, what would happen if on your 10, you told dispatch that your not rested because of the noise, temp., uncomfortable nature of the bunk room, for me conditions have to be right for me to sleep soundly, now what would happen? Refer to ill or fatigued driver in the FMCSR, yes it is up to us to get our rest, but what role does the company play in insuring that? Ie, bunk rooms vs. a motel.

So, what would happen if on your 10, you told dispatch that your not rested because of the noise, temp., uncomfortable nature of the bunk room, for me conditions have to be right for me to sleep soundly, now what would happen? Refer to ill or fatigued driver in the FMCSR, yes it is up to us to get our rest, but what role does the company play in insuring that? Ie, bunk rooms vs. a motel.

:LMAO::LMAO::LMAO::LMAO: That's some funny stuff GT..... You should have made yourself comfortable enough to sleep.... I tried that crap once, they told me if I read the rule close enough, it states that we have to provide you with a "place of rest",and we have... Motel or bunkroom, that's it... When I was staying at the ATL bunkroom back years ago, it was under the office... Those women up there would wear those "clod hoppers" to work and it sounded like a herd of horses moving around upstairs... I started going to the motel....

OK I hate that someone can transfer at random from anywhere in the system and bump a driver that has been patiently going up the list in his terminal and being bumped down by a driver that has to actually drive 100 to 200 miles to get to work and then they do another 500 or more behind the truck wheel. Just Sayin. While Im at it why in the hell would you bid on a run that you cant go home on and then actually pay a motel for lodging? Would you not be better off just running extra board and let the company take care of it ? WTF!!! Wait I get it ... "they may make me run the northeast" . WAAA ,pee boys. Flame on... you know who you are . Lets get some feedback on this.

And that would not happen if they would get rid of this Category system, I could transfer and bump alot of people with my time in Linehaul if I wanted to.

New the company not new to the industry. Started Thursday in Wichita in the city. I really hate the starting over gig but, I'm hoping this was a great long term move for myself and family.

New the company not new to the industry. Started Thursday in Wichita in the city. I really hate the starting over gig but, I'm hoping this was a great long term move for myself and family.

I think OD and big E are neck and neck at the top of the trucking industry right now. However, none of these companies will please everyone but I think you'll be glad you made the move.

I am hoping the insurance will cover my reconstrutive surgery on my anus. I came from Vitran. After 8 years with them I do have tearing, plus i have my officail Vitran tramp stamp i need removed. Have a good week all!

I am hoping the insurance will cover my reconstrutive surgery on my anus. I came from Vitran. After 8 years with them I do have tearing, plus i have my officail Vitran tramp stamp i need removed. Have a good week all!
Hold off on the anal surgery,learn the fetal position and embrace thier advances also mace has no effect whatsoever

Just be back and ready to go in 12 weeks or you may not be back, getting hurt here, or a medical problem just is a way out of this place, there is no protection here for your job...

Just be back and ready to go in 12 weeks or you may not be back, getting hurt here, or a medical problem just is a way out of this place, there is no protection here for your job...

I had a friend of mind in HAM @085 that died of cancer.. 2 years he was in and out of Estes... 12 weeks.. 15 weeks... They stayed with him the whole time.. Gave him his job back until he just couldn't go anymore... Talk to some at 085, they'll back up my story...
So maybe that's your opinion.. Depends on how you handle it I guess...

I had a friend of mind in HAM @085 that died of cancer.. 2 years he was in and out of Estes... 12 weeks.. 15 weeks... They stayed with him the whole time.. Gave him his job back until he just couldn't go anymore... Talk to some at 085, they'll back up my story...
So maybe that's your opinion.. Depends on how you handle it I guess...
That's for sure. I have an old friend that'sgot a second, third, fourth and fifth chance.

I think it's on a terminal (manager) by terminal (manager) basis. Hoping for the best here... We've had some good ones here in the past... gonna find out soon how the current one operates regarding guys off with work related injuries...