Estes | What do you Love about working here? What do you Hate about working here?

That would be one ugly tranny.
270ea4b9b06d310d0479c03d7cc12dd9.jpg

I have been here for 16 years and in trucking for over 40 years and I love it here. There are many reasons I love it. There are some things that I don't like but then again I have found that to be true at any place I have worked. There is more to like here than to dislike. Any job is what you make of it and your attitude. The one thing that really pisses me off is the ******* who stands around bitching all the time about the company; saying how bad it is and they would not recommend Estes to their worst enemy, If that is true why the Hell are you still here??? Every terminal that I know of has a door that swing open if you pull or push on it!!! get the hell out if you can do better but don't belittle me or call me ass kisser for staying here and being proud of my company. BTW I am 70 years old and have been around a lot longer than most of you so this is not just bull sh*t talking. I could tell y0u some horror stories about companies I have worked for and will tell you now I would not trade jobs with anyone that I KNOW OF!! Love it or leave it, your choice!

Overall I like it. I make good money out on the extra board the people are friendlier here than anywhere I've worked before and I've received every pay raise they told me I would receive when I was hired (and more). They are very good at taking care of you when you have a family emergency or funeral to attend, they don't pressure/hassle you and encourage you to be there for your family and take the time you need. I don't like the category system but this company overall has done well for me and my family.

I've been hear only six months and it seems to be a good place to work. Like all the other guys say it's fairly laid back here just come in do what they ask of you and go home at the end of the day and don't sweet the small stuff because every trucking company has it. I'm glad they finally started buying some new equipment because they really needed it. Hopefully they will get all the new systems sorted out like people net and e dock because they do seem to be a bit unorganized at times. Maybe then we can start keeping up with OD's pay and benefits because they seem to get a little bit more than us every year and before long it's going to be a pretty good difference if it keeps going that way.

Doing fine Loon,hope you and yours are doing good.Got me a little under 400 mile run that shows me alot of home time...Hope you are enjoying your retirement..
Retirement?? WTH is that? That lasted for about 4 months and I went stir crazy.. I'm selling GMC trucks now man and loving it. Still have the store, but it pretty much runs itself. Glad to hear from you a9, keep on pluggin' my brutha...

I know I'm new to Estes...finished out my first week, with trainer(got experience, just the way things are done here), and have to admit....the drivers here,in GSO, are really happy, from what I've seen(OK...only a week in). But coming from a straight up OTR(EPES) company I think I'm gonna be really happy here!

Well got my first day done! Did 017 to 016 back to 017 and now I ended up in Winchester, VA! Really nice Best Western! Only thing is....it was a HECTIC first day for me! I know it'll get better the more I get used to it, this was all due to me rushing myself. Don't have my lodging card, yet, so having to call central for a hotel room....this'll be a short week for me...as I'll be in on Monday morning, left out today. Went out one last night with trainer tuesday night. But, still amazed at how all the drivers are helpful and GLAD to hang out with other drivers! That was UNHEARD OF over at EPES! If they DID want to hang out with you, it was some kind of 'sneaky crap'...i.e. take your load, call and say you did/were doing something wrong that you weren't. And I actually drove my truck through the mcdonalds drive thru down the street from the BW....THAT was interesting. haha Of course it was 2330 at night....and the guys, that worked there(outside smoke break) told me that's what they all do. haha

Well got my first day done! Did 017 to 016 back to 017 and now I ended up in Winchester, VA! Really nice Best Western! Only thing is....it was a HECTIC first day for me! I know it'll get better the more I get used to it, this was all due to me rushing myself. Don't have my lodging card, yet, so having to call central for a hotel room....this'll be a short week for me...as I'll be in on Monday morning, left out today. Went out one last night with trainer tuesday night. But, still amazed at how all the drivers are helpful and GLAD to hang out with other drivers! That was UNHEARD OF over at EPES! If they DID want to hang out with you, it was some kind of 'sneaky crap'...i.e. take your load, call and say you did/were doing something wrong that you weren't. And I actually drove my truck through the mcdonalds drive thru down the street from the BW....THAT was interesting. haha Of course it was 2330 at night....and the guys, that worked there(outside smoke break) told me that's what they all do. haha

Just a suggestion. .you could call CLC ahead of time and they will find you a room. They'll fax hotel your information so you'll be all set by the time you get there.