Estes | What do you Love about working here? What do you Hate about working here?

I just applied for a combo/regional position. Will this be running the system being out all week or will I be home daily? Also how long does it take to hear from a recruiter? How long is the hiring process? I'm in food service (sysco) and need something new, badly!!! Been rolling groceries for over 5 years and it's old...

I just applied for a combo/regional position. Will this be running the system being out all week or will I be home daily? Also how long does it take to hear from a recruiter? How long is the hiring process? I'm in food service (sysco) and need something new, badly!!! Been rolling groceries for over 5 years and it's old...

Depends on the terminal. At my barn combo drivers mostly cover scheduled linehaul runs (home daily or every other day) or work in the city as needed (home nightly)

Some terminals have the combo guys stay out a few days a week.

I was in food service many years ago. I enjoyed it, but I'll never go back after doing this.

Don't be afraid to call the terminal and let them know you want a job. The hiring process takes too long, bothering them does help.

Dont like having people follow you and onboard cameras..Welcome to the new age of trucking,I guess.Robotic steering wheel holders.

I've recommended others to coming here. Right now, I wouldn't tell anyone to work here. Between the disrespect, the free time you give them, and the treatment from dispatch(central and at the terminals), it just isn't worth it!

Wish I had a nickel for every terminal I've been waiting to call me back!

I could go on and on, but I need that deposit every Friday morning.

I think most trucking companies are now using "Third eye" surveillance to follow drivers on the road,recording their speed and other driving traits.Now with the onboard camera,it seems like their trust in the drivers has become extinct.I heard about a driver getting called into the office for being clocked going 2 mph over the speed limit.I dont think he got wrote up but had to watch a video....Seems a little extreme to me.

hey guys...hope all is well. I really do miss working there....but also really enjoying the tanker thing! I told you guys there was gonna be onboard cameras, and nobody believed me. I ran into another guy here at Superior that used to be at Estes, out of our Memphis terminal. He absolutely HATED LTL! I told him about my termination and said that was Estes was always changing the game as it goes along. Said that, his terminal had cameras in trucks and a few others did as well. He was there for 3 years, been over here for right over a year. I knew something was 'screwy' a few times I was going down the road(in a new volvo) and all the cab lights would just come on! Freaked me out....they would stay on for 5 minutes or so(me pushing buttons, trying to figure out what was going on) then just go out. Happened a few times. He said that was the camera activating.....or it was being 'tested'. Hope everyone is good, and hope your new year was off to a good start.

hey guys...hope all is well. I really do miss working there....but also really enjoying the tanker thing! I told you guys there was gonna be onboard cameras, and nobody believed me. I ran into another guy here at Superior that used to be at Estes, out of our Memphis terminal. He absolutely HATED LTL! I told him about my termination and said that was Estes was always changing the game as it goes along. Said that, his terminal had cameras in trucks and a few others did as well. He was there for 3 years, been over here for right over a year. I knew something was 'screwy' a few times I was going down the road(in a new volvo) and all the cab lights would just come on! Freaked me out....they would stay on for 5 minutes or so(me pushing buttons, trying to figure out what was going on) then just go out. Happened a few times. He said that was the camera activating.....or it was being 'tested'. Hope everyone is good, and hope your new year was off to a good start.

Good to hear from you pal. Glad to hear everything is going well for you! There was an outward facing camera installed in the truck over this past weekend by the way.

so far, so good....schedule is very different than anything I'm used to, though. Will admit, it really does taking some, getting used to shifting your gears with all the 'surge'. First time, ever for me, that not just my company, but ALL of the tanker guys I run into, no matter the company, are all helpful and nice to each other. We do spend alot of time at tank washes. Well, like I said, different terminals will have different cameras. **** admitted the camera on him...so it must be Greensboro, or maybe a select few? Don't know, sheesh I've been gone for right over 4 months, things change quick nowadays. But I'll admit, it does make me a little sad seeing an Estes guy on the other side of the interstate. Haven't had one pass me yet, though. Another thing about this tanker driving....you don't plan your trips like any kind of dry van! lmao took me about 2 weeks to figure that out! I'm the slowest of most all drivers. Towns SUCK when you're fully loaded...even skipping gears won't help to save your life! haha And when you have a 44K box van going up Fancy Gap at maybe 8th OR 7th, depending on how it's loaded....I'm weighing at 45K going up at around 5th gear! WORLD OF DIFFERENCE! haha

Last edited by a moderator:
so far, so good....schedule is very different than anything I'm used to, though. Will admit, it really does taking some, getting used to shifting your gears with all the 'surge'. First time, ever for me, that not just my company, but ALL of the tanker guys I run into, no matter the company, are all helpful and nice to each other. We do spend alot of time at tank washes. Well, like I said, different terminals will have different cameras. **** admitted the camera on him...so it must be Greensboro, or maybe a select few? Don't know, sheesh I've been gone for right over 4 months, things change quick nowadays. But I'll admit, it does make me a little sad seeing an Estes guy on the other side of the interstate. Haven't had one pass me yet, though. Another thing about this tanker driving....you don't plan your trips like any kind of dry van! lmao took me about 2 weeks to figure that out! I'm the slowest of most all drivers. Towns SUCK when you're fully loaded...even skipping gears won't help to save your life! haha And when you have a 44K box van going up Fancy Gap at maybe 8th OR 7th, depending on how it's loaded....I'm weighing at 45K going up at around 5th gear! WORLD OF DIFFERENCE! haha
Wow, very interesting. Never pulled one before personally. How long do you normally stay out at a time with those guys? Don't feel bad about seeing Estes on the road, ya know this life takes us in all different directions and the Lord I believe has a hand in our outcomes and I believe if we put him in first place he will overflow your cup with blessings. Safe travels out there pal. Drop by and keep in touch from time to time.

No cameras in any truck here in Memphis. Some people are just paranoid about the light sensor on the face of the Peoplenet.

How will we know when they're activated or running? Are they running all the time? I haven't seen mine light up or make any noise.

How will we know when they're activated or running? Are they running all the time? I haven't seen mine light up or make any noise.
Was told by TM,they are running all the time.Unless they have a complaint or accident,they will not be looking at it unless you have a violation go off,which you will know it,because it will come up on the peoplenet.

Was told by TM,they are running all the time.Unless they have a complaint or accident,they will not be looking at it unless you have a violation go off,which you will know it,because it will come up on the peoplenet.
Ten 4. We had no paperwork nor oral information on any of this, showed up to work and there it was. Thanks.

What kind of schedule to you work over there and is the pay about the same?