What do you think guys ?

SMOKESTACK

Survival my only hope , success my only option.
Administrator
Credits
Things are winding down in here and I
was thinking about moving you to the
Gone but not forgotten sector. I'll give you
all a few more weeks to tighten up things.
Lets just start thinking about it guys , it's
not going to happen for a little bit yet , ok .

Smokestack

can we have a wake or funeral or something like that when everybody gets on and says nice things about the dead and tell jokes and maybe get tippsy ?

how about a Sunday afternoon 2 -4 and 6-8 pm with a church service at 6 am on the following Monday , or just a specific time when all interested partys can have a last hoorah .

I know it's sad guys .......
We'll hold off for a while yet.
The Staff and I totally understand.
We will not throw you under the bus.

come on over to Yellow Freight (Transportation) forum... if you want to talk some sense.

Yeah right. Yellow Freight was the beginning of the end for Jevic. Poured resources into Saia, And hung us out to die. Sold us down the river to an investment firm that ***** and pillaged. I'm surprised Roadway hasnt gone under yet. Yellow aint too popular round these parts.

Yellow Corporation owned Jevic not Yellow Freight,,get your facts straight. An I bet they owned Jevic before your time too.

Yellow Corporation owned Jevic not Yellow Freight,,get your facts straight. An I bet they owned Jevic before your time too.

You're wrong about the time line... And Yellow Freight....Yellow Corp. Who Cares?? Really...Same Difference. Why are you defending them any ways. You sayin things were better after Yellow bought Jevic? Think You're Wrong.

can we have a wake or funeral or something like that when everybody gets on and says nice things about the dead and tell jokes and maybe get tippsy ?

how about a Sunday afternoon 2 -4 and 6-8 pm with a church service at 6 am on the following Monday , or just a specific time when all interested partys can have a last hoorah .

You're right TAH. All that remains that once was Jevic is now an empty bunch of trucks and trailers that will never haul another ounce of Jevic freight. It's dead now so we may as well have a funeral and bury it. Only the spirit of the drivers and support staff lives on.

You're wrong about the time line... And Yellow Freight....Yellow Corp. Who Cares?? Really...Same Difference. Why are you defending them any ways. You sayin things were better after Yellow bought Jevic? Think You're Wrong.

Harry sold to Yellow Corp. then Jevic was picked up by SCS which had both Jevic and Saia. Then SCS kept Saia and sold Jevic to Sun Cap...:smilie_132:

Yeah right. Yellow Freight was the beginning of the end for Jevic. Poured resources into Saia, And hung us out to die. Sold us down the river to an investment firm that ***** and pillaged. I'm surprised Roadway hasnt gone under yet. Yellow aint too popular round these parts.

Give it a little time. It will happen there too.

you got it right longhaul you must be a jevic vet that yellow corp yellow freight thing was always anoying most didn't know there was a difference things did go downhill after yellow and jevic went public which is to me the begining of the end

Harry sold to Yellow Corp. then Jevic was picked up by SCS which had both Jevic and Saia. Then SCS kept Saia and sold Jevic to Sun Cap...:smilie_132:

Here's the timeline as I know it. It's kind of interesting.

Yellow buys Preston in 1993 to get their hands on Saia (at the time a little non-union carrier owned by Preston).

Yellow buys Jevic in 1999 and in the same month shuts Preston down. (Their intention was to link Saia with Jevic and form a national non-union entity. They wanted to keep up with Conway and Roadway who had "shed" the union already.

Yellow comes to find out that Jevic and Saia don't fit. Now it's post 9/11 with the economy in the toilet. Meanwhile, the teamster contract is coming up. Yellow can't go into the negotiations owning 2 non-union profitable carriers and cry poverty to the union. They have to get rid of Saia/Jevic. So, the form SCS, a small holding company made up of a handful of former Yellow execs.

So Yellow spins Saia/Jevic into SCS. The stocks not doing so hot. A group of investors from Wall Street start pressuring SCS to "do something about Jevic" because they felt we were holding the stock down. (bunch of crap, SCS never supported us).

So, SCS plans not to sell us but to liquidate us! This is now May 2006. I have seen the written plan after the fact. The president would have gotten over $1 million in 2 payments for helping with the shut down.

Our presidnet decides Jevic is too valuable, too many good people, too good of a brand name to be crapped on. He along with our CFO go out to the street to find us someone to buy us. And they do: Sun Capital.

They bought us a new lease on life and unfortunately you all know the end result.

Equity firms are heartless money machines, but what was the alternative?

These are the facts as I know them.

Hope everyone is doing well.

I'm sure there was a lot of good info here, but I didn't make it past the third paragraph, where Roadway had "shed the union."

What's up with that?

OAF

Pretty much right on Gabbydad.

Why does Holland have drivers on layoff, and Yellow is hiring. It's another spider job. Suck the guts out. and throw the shell away.

The only thing different from Jevic is that the union is watching. At Jevic the managers got there bailout. and didn't give a Sh##. Holland and Roadway will just take a little longer.

I'm sure there was a lot of good info here, but I didn't make it past the third paragraph, where Roadway had "shed the union."

What's up with that?

OAF

Roadway Services completed the purchase of Coles in 1992 giving them a network of non union carriers spanning the US. In addition, RPS had become the profits leader.

Roadway Services shed the union by spinning off Roadway Express and changing their name to The Caliber Group. Later FEDEX bought Caliber.

Conway did the same by getting rid of CF and nationalizing the Con Way group.

This is not a judgement, nor an opinion. It's just was occurred.