What do you think guys ?

Discussion in 'Jevic Transportation' started by SMOKESTACK, Jul 8, 2008.

1. longhaul

longhaul Member

Here is a question that I have always thought about and it is, Why didnt Jevic have the capital to stand alone without the help of the investment companies??

2. tster

tster New Member

Good bye

I just wanted to say,

I never noticed how beautiful of a company Jevic was, after having gone to another carrier, I now realize that Jevic indeed was a BIG trucking company, with elaborate departments suited to cater every customer & employee's needs.

I really took it for granted. and never gave myself time to mourn Jevic....instead I was deeply angry at how I felt cheated. but I just wanted to say, I will always have a place for Jevic in my heart. as corny as that sounds.

3. Old AF

Old AF The Original

10-4, I'm on board with ya now.....

thanks
    OAF

4. ckowal16

ckowal16 Member

Jevic was just hours away from cloing the doors in May of 2006. That is when Sun Capital entered the picture.

Sun Capital had nothing to lose by purchasing Jevic. If Jevic turns the corner and stays profitable so be it. If not they shut the doors. We all know what happened.

5. imported_gabbydad

imported_gabbydad Member

Exactly, equity firms don't lose money. They either make a little or tons. They bought us and pulled out their cash by selling J1/J2. Then if we were able to turn around, they could have sold us for the motherload.

Those people are smarter than most of us. Of that, I'm sure. But remember, we were toast 2 yrs ago due to Yellow/SCS (same crew in my eyes)

6. BuzzBeez

BuzzBeez Extraboard Crazy

Great info guys. Every ex employee should know this stuff. I'm sure myself and many others have wondered if there was anything we could have done or not done to prevent what happened. Now i'm sure that our fate was sealed over 2 years ago but no one knew it. Thanks.

7. jevic9090

jevic9090 Member

what Do You Think

The real end was when Keith shot himself. He stuck the gun in the wrong mouth that night!

8. Carolina Cowboy

Carolina Cowboy Member

I swear it seems that this is the same information being passed along 2 months before Black Monday. Same information that someone caught so much crap for. Go Figure!!