Yellow | What does a rehire get if they had 5 years with the company?

truckinus

TB Veteran
Credits
I am asking this question because I'm wondering if you keep your time off or any other potential benefits? I honestly forget the rules.

you get nothing. you go to the bottom of the seniority board work your 30 days and look up at all the senior men. the only thing you could be eligible for is that if you worked for a nmfa carrier in the preceeding 2 years you would only have to work 1 year at 95% and then in year 2 go to full rate.

you get nothing. you go to the bottom of the seniority board work your 30 days and look up at all the senior men. the only thing you could be eligible for is that if you worked for a nmfa carrier in the preceeding 2 years you would only have to work 1 year at 95% and then in year 2 go to full rate.
That is what I figured. I thought I remembered something about you might keep your vacation time.

I guess I am contemplating:

1. $15.00 part time job at UPS
2. Part time city job at ABF
3. Casual position on the dock or road at YRC.

Not sure what the situation is is Oklahoma city at any of these locations which makes me a little leery. The reason why I am contemplating all this is my work has decided they no longer want to pay for health insurance. Maybe I am not so bad off though. I make around $23.00 an hour but I have $1500 being taken out of my check monthly for health insurance after the increases in healthcare costs. I average 44 hours a week which means I get an average of 4 hours a week overtime.

Last edited:
That is what I figured. I thought I remembered something about you might keep your vacation time.

I guess I am contemplating:

1. $15.00 part time job at UPS
2. Part time city job at ABF
3. Casual position on the dock or road at YRC.

Not sure what the situation is is Oklahoma city at any of these locations which makes me a little leery. The reason why I am contemplating all this is my work has decided they no longer want to pay for health insurance. Maybe I am not so bad off though. I make around $23.00 an hour but I have $1500 being taken out of my check monthly for health insurance after the increases in healthcare costs. I average 44 hours a week which means I get an average of 4 hours a week overtime.
With the change going on and OKC being a gaining terminal I would assume they would be hiring.

With the change going on and OKC being a gaining terminal I would assume they would be hiring.
Hmm, I wonder if it is just a temporary thing and back to layoff in few months? Amazon is coming. You would think they would get a lot of that?

I was trying to ask if I would be better off toughing it out part time at UPS or ABF or working for YRC and possibly making more money initially and getting laid off frequently?

Hmm, I wonder if it is just a temporary thing and back to layoff in few months? Amazon is coming. You would think they would get a lot of that?

I was trying to ask if I would be better off toughing it out part time at UPS or ABF or working for YRC and possibly making more money initially and getting laid off frequently?
What are you calling part time at UPS? Small package uses a lot of 'temps' in trailers at Christmas time and they do keep some of them at the end of the season.

What are you calling part time at UPS? Small package uses a lot of 'temps' in trailers at Christmas time and they do keep some of them at the end of the season.

Part time and Temp are usually two different things at UPS. Part timers are typically college students who work part time as loaders. Temps can be drivers (Feeder/trailer or package car) or helpers (who go out on package cars to help with deliveries) who typically work the holiday season and can then possibly be offered permanent jobs afterwards.

I am asking this question because I'm wondering if you keep your time off or any other potential benefits? I honestly forget the rules.
Not trying to be crass, but if I’m not mistaken, weren’t you the guy who left a couple of years back, or so, who was really happy being gone from this cesspool? Just can’t remember if that was you or not..

Not trying to be crass, but if I’m not mistaken, weren’t you the guy who left a couple of years back, or so, who was really happy being gone from this cesspool? Just can’t remember if that was you or not..
The quick summary of my case: Laid off in 2009. Drove truck for various non union carriers for 2 years until I got fed up. Started going to school after I quit trucking around late 2011. I obtained 2 degrees. Did me some good, but I really hate college. Now I work in a factory for around $50,000 a year. Its not bad, but the management they hired is horrible. Guess its just an insult to my intelligence to work for these people. I would rather be doing anything else. I also have to cough up nearly 100% of my healthcare premiums. I don't know what to do really? The only negative feelings I have towards YRC/Teamsters is the fact that I was laid off prior to being vested in the pension. I tried to delay my return because I was in school and they wouldn't allow it.

The quick summary of my case: Laid off in 2009. Drove truck for various non union carriers for 2 years until I got fed up. Started going to school after I quit trucking around late 2011. I obtained 2 degrees. Did me some good, but I really hate college. Now I work in a factory for around $50,000 a year. Its not bad, but the management they hired is horrible. Guess its just an insult to my intelligence to work for these people. I would rather be doing anything else. I also have to cough up nearly 100% of my healthcare premiums. I don't know what to do really? The only negative feelings I have towards YRC/Teamsters is the fact that I was laid off prior to being vested in the pension. I tried to delay my return because I was in school and they wouldn't allow it. I was called back around November 2011 in the middle of the semester.

And as it used to be in Teamster trucking till guys who weren't affected voted to throw the new guys under the bus. Ahh, brotherhood!

Just one of the things we HAD!
They sit around now, the Teamsters don't do this, the Teamsters don't do that, we don't have this, we don't have that,
well if you recall, we did have it, until the members and the clowns we put in charge bargained it away.

Just one of the things we HAD!
They sit around now, the Teamsters don't do this, the Teamsters don't do that, we don't have this, we don't have that,
well if you recall, we did have it, until the members and the clowns we put in charge bargained it away.

And to make matters worse, you have crybaby, loser Teamsters today who resent and are against new hires getting full rate with the pathetic excuse that they had to endure progression themselves so why should new hires have it better? Those types should have their books pulled in my opinion. Instead of seeing a benefit for some as an ultimate benefit for all they are just self absorbed crybabies. Brotherhood? Ha, yea sure!