Yellow | 'What does a trucker look like?' It's changing, amid a big shortage

Triplex

Experienced stalker
PREMIUM
Credits
WASHINGTON — America’s booming economy has a problem: a shortage of truck drivers.

The industry — historically reliant on older, white male drivers — is facing a record shortage with an estimated 50,000 more drivers needed to meet demand, according to the American Trucking Associations. The lack of drivers is rippling through the supply chain, causing a bottleneck of goods that is delaying deliveries and prompting some companies to increase prices.

https://www.wral.com/-what-does-a-trucker-look-like-it-s-changing-amid-a-big-shortage/17730142/

Well it comes down to how companies treats Driver's and younger new driver's don't want to work 60 plus hours a week and low pay scale and respect , as truck driver's have always been looked down on and not a a respected good job to go into anymore .and ask yourself when was the last time YRC said THANKS to its Driver's and here's a $100. gift card and extra day off to spent with the family ???:confusion:

Well it comes down to how companies treats Driver's and younger new driver's don't want to work 60 plus hours a week and low pay scale and respect , as truck driver's have always been looked down on and not a a respected good job to go into anymore .and ask yourself when was the last time YRC said THANKS to its Driver's and here's a $100. gift card and extra day off to spent with the family ???:confusion:
Last time?
Like.... NEVER!

WASHINGTON — America’s booming economy has a problem: a shortage of truck drivers.

The industry — historically reliant on older, white male drivers — is facing a record shortage with an estimated 50,000 more drivers needed to meet demand, according to the American Trucking Associations. The lack of drivers is rippling through the supply chain, causing a bottleneck of goods that is delaying deliveries and prompting some companies to increase prices.

https://www.wral.com/-what-does-a-trucker-look-like-it-s-changing-amid-a-big-shortage/17730142/
Hey Trip. Just another story, I am sure with some lobbying behind it from grocery, and retail corporations saying the so called shortage is creating delayed deliveries and such, that they cannot get their freight delivered on time. I have yet to hear any business, or individual say they can’t buy this or that because of the “driver shortage”.
My partner is right on this. Wages and benefits!!!!

They gave me days off, but it cost me over a hundred dollars

mvNpxFM.jpg

eoqDoTz.jpg

7OWUNz7.jpg

9r3iZEs.jpg

Do today's drivers look like some of these???

Last edited:
Obviously when you're $1B in the hole it's hard to justify expenses outside the contract, not to mention all the damaged freight, time theft and destruction of company property that occurs on an hourly basis at YRC. And yes, I worked there and never saw grown "men" act so childish in my life on a job.

Obviously when you're $1B in the hole it's hard to justify expenses outside the contract, not to mention all the damaged freight, time theft and destruction of company property that occurs on an hourly basis at YRC. And yes, I worked there and never saw grown "men" act so childish in my life on a job.
Don't call me Shirley.
:17142:
You will see childesh men at any job.
Don't lump everyone in that pile.
Stolen hours.
Damaged freight
Destroyed company property
Mmm.
Observant.
Name a LTL company this does NOT happen at.