ABF | What does the future in Union freight bring?

Will this Tentative Agreement help to create jobs.
Will only CDL qualify people be hire.
Will part-timer's be used in high volume times or are they looking to have most of the older employee's retire or quit to have a company full of part-timer.
Once this freight volume picks up will the company run every employee to max. hours as this saves in hiring and benefits.
Was UPS Freight not put in the Teamster Pension Plan as it would have brought more liability to the plan.
Plans by YRC and ABF will be coming out as soon the contract is ratified and what the future holds.

Will this Tentative Agreement help to create jobs.
Will only CDL qualify people be hire.
Will part-timer's be used in high volume times or are they looking to have most of the older employee's retire or quit to have a company full of part-timer.
Once this freight volume picks up will the company run every employee to max. hours as this saves in hiring and benefits.
Was UPS Freight not put in the Teamster Pension Plan as it would have brought more liability to the plan.
Plans by YRC and ABF will be coming out as soon the contract is ratified and what the future holds.

the utility language in this agreement will increase tonnage same as the PSE has done for ABF
more freight = more jobs
proof is in the pudding

as far as CDL qualified future hires are concerned well ABF has required that forever in their satelite terminals only exception being in break bulks whereas yellow and roadway it didn't matter,
now it does matter as yrc companies are combo except in certain areas
with that being said and the utility language in place it seems that it would be extremely prudent for a new hire to possess a cdl
it still is a personal preference but having a cdl would certainly improve your odds exponentlly of being hired:1036316054:

Cdl

Also the language in the proposed contract gives new hires with a CDL & mechanics 85% starting pay compared to 70% for new hires without CDLs. I think that everybody working in the trucking industry should have a CDL.
I know that the maintenance department requires everybody to have CDLs to make service calls. One reason is that anybody with a CDL has their driving record monitored whereas a non CDL employee can have traffic convictions & hide their driving record. Those of with CDLs are held to a higher standard. It may not seem fair but we are professionals & having that title requires us to act accordingly.

the utility language in this agreement will increase tonnage same as the PSE has done for ABF
more freight = more jobs
proof is in the pudding

I think you are on the money big steve.

I think there is enough new language in the new agreement that ABF can and will compete more effectively in the market place.

Good pension protection,, and better job security.