XPO | What Gives!!!!

huey29

TB Lurker
Credits
ok guys i havent vented in a while so here goes ,..what gives?!!!!! everyday there is some new policy ,.some new rule that they say "oh its always been like this" the most recent riciculous thing to come to XEF by way of XGO is that if we have a hook or drop time longer than 20 minutes we must explain why in the bottom of our pay sheet. do these uptight neurotic f***heads have their ties tied to tight to realize that truck driving is not just a cushy job where you sit on your butt all day ( or in this case night ) and drive,..NO!! its making sure all you lights work, its making sure you have fuel in the vehicle ,its making sure its safe to drive so you dont kill anybody on the road. i have been reprimanded at least twice a week because it takes sometimes longer than 20 minutes to hook.
we are losing freight, customers and employees at a rapid rate and all they are worrying about is how long it takes a man to do his job SCREW this damn place they all can go to hell!!!

When I was running linehaul 18 years ago we had to explain a hook or drop over 20 minutes. I don't remember ever getting in trouble for it. Just have a good reason for it.

I know XGO seems stupid,acts some times stupid, but dont get upset. Dont let them get to you. just explain on your sheet what the hold up was, and let them fume... They have to pay you. gain some satisfaction from the fact that your upsetting them.
Remember your not having a bad day...
Conway is having a bad day....
dont let it affect how you feel.....

huey29 said:
ok guys i havent vented in a while so here goes ,..what gives?!!!!! everyday there is some new policy ,.some new rule that they say "oh its always been like this" the most recent riciculous thing to come to XEF by way of XGO is that if we have a hook or drop time longer than 20 minutes we must explain why in the bottom of our pay sheet. do these uptight neurotic f***heads have their ties tied to tight to realize that truck driving is not just a cushy job where you sit on your butt all day ( or in this case night ) and drive,..NO!! its making sure all you lights work, its making sure you have fuel in the vehicle ,its making sure its safe to drive so you dont kill anybody on the road. i have been reprimanded at least twice a week because it takes sometimes longer than 20 minutes to hook.
we are losing freight, customers and employees at a rapid rate and all they are worrying about is how long it takes a man to do his job SCREW this damn place they all can go to hell!!!
we've had to do that for the last 10 years. Checking lights and such is not part of hook or drop time. that is pre and post trip, which we don't get paid for. be creative with your reasons like fix a light, add oil, trailer dropped to high or too low. your TM Keith is a idiot he won't know the difference!!

i've been to a couple of F.A.C's where my trailers have been blocked. by guys parking there sets in front of my trailers and i have to wait for them to move.