SEFL | What Happen To Billings Freight Systems Did They Go Out Do Anybody Know.

They were mainly textile haulers so you can kinda figure out why they went under. Hard to haul that stuff from every where but the USA.

Thanks For That Info. They Had Some Crappy Equipment In Alabama Old Cabovers.they Probally Sold For A Little Or Nothing.

They were trying to get into general freight toward the end but I'd only seen them picking up or del to the few textile companies around here. I know that a former vp with Service Transport had gone over to Billings after ST closed and was trying to get them business outside of textiles.

Thanks For That Info. They Had Some Crappy Equipment In Alabama Old Cabovers.they Probally Sold For A Little Or Nothing.

They probably went to Mexico to haul the textile goods Billings was hauling.

THANKS to NAFTA more Americans out of work.It's enough to make you :puke:!

Union Buster

Billings went out April 21st 2006
I worked at the Lexington N.C. Term.
They opened the next Day At Rural Hall N.C.
Under the name Arrow something ?
They picked out the trucks and trailers they wanted and sold the rest. They still have the same salesmen. The V.P. that was the Union Buster Now works at O.D. So O.D. look out for W.B. thanks Sadie825:chairshot:

They picked out the trucks and trailers they wanted and sold the rest. They still have the same salesmen. The V.P. that was the Union Buster Now works at O.D. So O.D. look out for W.B. thanks Sadie825:chairshot:
Thanks for the info, and welcome to the boards Sadie.:1036316054: Lot's of good folk worked for Billings. Seems I remember the son took over the business and the "old man" had to come back and try to save it. DS.

Thats Right

The Old man I.Albert Had to come back to keep the Union from stricking...His son M.Albert Had this friend W.B. the union buster
Together they ***** the Company Im sure the Got away like a bandit...

Take this W.B.---> :nutkick:

ever since they went out i've been seeing alot of a co. called Watkins-Shepherd in my area at some of the old Billings stops. all they haul is rolls of fabric and commercial rugs. just like Billings did. hhhmmmmmm....

yo ut....

watkins-shepard is an outfit from out west, montana i think....

they do mostly longhaul sleeper work....

i don't think their road people are ready for finding parking spots on crosby or mercer streets......

mikeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

ps; is that handmade cigar shop still open on 8th ave in the low 20's?????????

yo ut....

watkins-shepard is an outfit from out west, montana i think....

they do mostly longhaul sleeper work....

i don't think their road people are ready for finding parking spots on crosby or mercer streets......

mikeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

ps; is that handmade cigar shop still open on 8th ave in the low 20's?????????

that co. must run a city operation because i see them everyday in white day tractors. as for down in the village on Mercer St., co.'s usually cartage out that work to OO's who own st. jobs & tiny box trucks. and yes sir, that cigar shop is still there.

yo ut..

my x/wife used to work on 6th ave and 18th street and after i dropper her off at work i used to grab a stogie on the way back to jersey way back when...

mikeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

yo ut..

my x/wife used to work on 6th ave and 18th street and after i dropper her off at work i used to grab a stogie on the way back to jersey way back when...

mikeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

we have a st. job run in that area everyday. i actually had that run for about a year. alot of guys may not agree but that is a sweet area. mostly liftgate & sidewalk deliveries. and a couple of back-ins. YRC is heavy in that area along with ABF. and no, i never had the pleasure to deliver to that stogie shop. i like a good stog eveynow & then :1036316054:

that co. must run a city operation because i see them everyday in white day tractors. as for down in the village on Mercer St., co.'s usually cartage out that work to OO's who own st. jobs & tiny box trucks. and yes sir, that cigar shop is still there.

I see their daycabs around Chicago too. I also see alot of their trailers on the trains

yo ut..

mikeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

You mean to tell me that you didn't bother to stop at Famous Rays Pizza?