FedEx Freight | what happened? This was a fire storm with organizing

WoW after your done with the union corruption you can go after the government corruption and the IRS corruption and so on and so on !!
Yeah why don't you look at how much Fred spends on lobbyist to keep express and ground under rail act and keep union out of freight! Wonder how long before he tries to get us under rail act since we are using rail now?? You guys better wake up before Fedex doesn't have to worry about the union anymore!! Then the bs policies will make the scorecard look like a walk in the park!!

Yeah why don't you look at how much Fred spends on lobbyist to keep express and ground under rail act and keep union out of freight! Wonder how long before he tries to get us under rail act since we are using rail now?? You guys better wake up before Fedex doesn't have to worry about the union anymore!! Then the bs policies will make the scorecard look like a walk in the park!!

Because no one has been on here lying about that. This was never about the union being bad and I really don't ever defend Fedex they are their own worst enemy.

But YOUR truth isnt the real truth. Maybe you should put out an internet search for a job.

Lol ok that's funny but to his point, there's a bunch of fedex drivers trying to figure this out. There's a bunch of non fedex drivers offering their input. Some of its valid, some of its nonsense, some of its truth and some just opinion. I say the teamsters, to whom I would pay dues, support leftist causes and without exception support democratic candidates. The fundamental point is that this is a problem for many who adamantly oppose the union cant get past that point. Arguing the finer points of how the money gets funneled into what area is missing the bigger point. It's a far larger point than some people think. There are enough who oppose the union specifically for that reason. Facts are irrelevant if you can't get past the bigger picture. I'm not doing the research either. I know the union leaders supported Obama and Clinton. Is there a union who isn't political?

If $60 a month can get me better healthcare i don't give a damn !! If they spend it on bitches and booze! !!!
These kind of comments are the ones I can't stand. As long as I get what I want, to hell with the rest of the country's issues. And when the union supports candidates ,maybe Mr. Hoffa should poll his members to get the correct percentage that do endorse the candidate before he lumps us all into the category. Shrugs
When we sign the union card are we thus endorsing the candidates that they deem better?

These kind of comments are the ones I can't stand. As long as I get what I want, to hell with the rest of the country's issues. And when the union supports candidates ,maybe Mr. Hoffa should poll his members to get the correct percentage that do endorse the candidate before he lumps us all into the category. Shrugs
When we sign the union card are we thus endorsing the candidates that they deem better?
I don't know. .. are we? We're signing a card saying we support a group that supports those candidates.

I do! My thinking is this: I'd rather vote yes, earlier rather than later, and be somewhat involved in the design of the contract while it can still be influenced. There will still be votes to ratfy or not after the final draft.

I fully expect a large block of centers to start negotiations long before many others are on board. The 1st few will have more impact than the last few. The very last will likely piggyback on to an already "done" deal.
That makes sense to me. I don't agree with you but it seems like you've taken all of the information and have come to a logical conclusion. I want to consider other options first. I think we can come up with something better. Where we can work with management and not against them and they can work with us. I can see this union thing getting caught up in endless negotiations. If I was in charge, I'd call a couple dozen of the best and brightest drivers to Harrison and have a study group with upper management and see if we can't create a long term solution. I'm just a driver though. I suppose I can call bill Logue but I broke my phone and hadn't backed up my contacts. Don't want to bother Fred smith with this.

Why would a union support Republican candidates?
Holy crap! ! Why not just ask what is the meaning of life. .I mean this discussion could be never ending. Lol I get ya though. . My one and only answer to this is that sometimes I think you need to put away your own immediate concerns and look at who is best for some of the other political matters.

Why would a union support Republican candidates?

I missed the part of the argument where someone said unions should support Republican candidates. But I'll bite. Why should they exclusively support democratic candidates? Why should there not be a more pragmatic issues based agenda if they are going to be political at all? If a candidate or issue say... free trade... open borders... illegal immigration... is an issue that directly effects their members, why not get behind that issue? Who cares what party?

Has anyone looked recently at the difference between a democrat and republican? There's not a whole lot of difference. They both are pretty much saying the same things just using different words to get re-elected. They aren't really worried about the regular person because in their mind we just don't have enough money to influence their vote.

... If I was in charge, I'd call a couple dozen of the best and brightest drivers to Harrison and have a study group with upper management and see if we can't create a long term solution. I'm just a driver though. I suppose I can call bill Logue but I broke my phone and hadn't backed up my contacts. Don't want to bother Fred smith with this.

Funny you mention this. I was thinking something similar. IF FedEx really wanted to know what the issues way down here at the local level (Big "if", I know), they should have meetings with groups of drivers/dock/office, to get/keep a finger on the pulse of the workforce NO local or regional managers present. I think these individuals brought in should be picked by the employees and not selected by managers. The employees know who will be willing to "tell it like it is". This would be an ongoing (annual) event. It could provide an avenue (foot in the door), through which to share the needs/opinions of the workforce that currently has no voice. Would they even do it? Not in the past. Would they listen? Now, they might. Is it too late for that? Maybe. And could they be "trusted" to keep a process like that?

Funny you mention this. I was thinking something similar. IF FedEx really wanted to know what the issues way down here at the local level (Big "if", I know), they should have meetings with groups of drivers/dock/office, to get/keep a finger on the pulse of the workforce NO local or regional managers present. I think these individuals brought in should be picked by the employees and not selected by managers. The employees know who will be willing to "tell it like it is". This would be an ongoing (annual) event. It could provide an avenue (foot in the door), through which to share the needs/opinions of the workforce that currently has no voice. Would they even do it? Not in the past. Would they listen? Now, they might. Is it too late for that? Maybe. And could they be "trusted" to keep a process like that?

A lot of these problems could have been eliminated by letting local management keep control instead of trying to micro manage from Harrison.

It is an interesting idea. I'm not sure if they could be trusted to keep a process like that; but, engaged employees are going to be more productive and invested over the long-term. They're going to be more likely to do that little bit extra. There are a lot of positives that can be said about the manner in which this place is run. They do seem willing to experiment with different ideas to see how they work.

On the other hand, there are members of management who only look at the numbers. This creates a divisiveness. We're people too. Not just labor hours and variable costs. And when it comes down to numbers, those guys over there make more money than we do so this push for higher numbers in our pockets is really an issue those who see us as just numbers created. If a higher percentage of drivers bought in to what they're doing. If we felt like we were heard and our concerns were being addressed or at least explained why things are the way they are, I think that would be a preferable option to unionizing. Frankly, I think management, unless they're too stubborn to see this as a festering problem that needs to be fixed for the long-term, should be considering all of their options. Reacting to problems seems like their strength.

A lot of these problems could have been eliminated by letting local management keep control instead of trying to micro manage from Harrison.

Probably. I think the lines of communication stop at the redshirt level. We don't know what they're talking about. They sure don't tell us. Most of it doesn't concern us anyway. There does have to be some level of conformity across the hemisphere. It probably feels dictated because we don't know what's being decided, and why, and feel like our input isn't important to them. It probably would be important to them if they thought about it. It probably is important to them. They just don't know we feel like we're not being heard.

Since it seems like most people are NOT aware, I'll share a bit of info.
Remember the "SCORECARD", well, that all came about because UPPER Management called in the "ELITE" drivers who participate and have had awards at the National Trucking Championships, or TDI's. They also requested the input of various DDI's from several regions. These "Elite" Professional Driversw are some of the BIGGEST Corporate kiss butts!!! NOT ALL OF THEM! But most think they are God's gift to FXF. I have NOTHING against these Drivers wanting to compete and share some of their years of knowledge with the rest of us. I, at one point was going to join the "TEAM", but I saw how much axx kissing was going on and some very high levels of HYPOCRISY. So, I just do my everyday job and go home.

AGAIN, NOT ALL who compete are this way!!! I know some of you will attack me about this post, but you see, I rather speak the truth to make others aware.

Management WILL NOT ask for advice or information to "BETTER" the relations by a bunch of "nobody's". They go to their favorite axx kissers.

And this is the HONEST truth.

That is what we do. Theres a Teamsters Take Action thing that gives me alerts on my phone for issues that affect us. Ya fill out the blocks and they make it real easy to contact your repss. Obama supports the TPP. We oppose it. I doubt theres a perfect candidate for anybody. But I would support a Republican like Pat Buchanan........But you cant believe that we would support antiunion politicians. Sorry to say they are mostlly republicans on the payroll of antiunion businessmen. I wish there was prounion republicans. But there aint. I think if our numbers multiplied that would change.

I missed the part of the argument where someone said unions should support Republican candidates. But I'll bite. Why should they exclusively support democratic candidates? Why should there not be a more pragmatic issues based agenda if they are going to be political at all? If a candidate or issue say... free trade... open borders... illegal immigration... is an issue that directly effects their members, why not get behind that issue? Who cares what party?