SAIA | What happened to fairness in tough times?

Rollcoal

TB Lurker
Credits
Can someone please explain to me why in heck can a terminal manager let one city driver get 55 hours while another can only get 26? Everyone is supposed to have a cut day seems a few drivers who want to get under the tm's desk and work their knee pads to death while others have a rough time making their bills!

Can someone please explain to me why in heck can a terminal manager let one city driver get 55 hours while another can only get 26? Everyone is supposed to have a cut day seems a few drivers who want to get under the tm's desk and work their knee pads to death while others have a rough time making their bills!
Fairness has nothing to do with it. If you were drowning, would you want someone who is a good swimmer to jump in and help you, or, someone who just knows how to dog paddle?

Fairness does not exist at Saia, at least not in my experience. Be warned though. Don't make waves about this...it will be held against you. One option is to ask for the scheduled 26 hours so that you can make other compensation arrangements. Some TMs just don't get it. They sit in their royal office and think they are master of the universe. And the employees that perpetuate that laugh all the way to the bank. Nice team atmosphere, huh?

Fairness does not exist at Saia, at least not in my experience. Be warned though. Don't make waves about this...it will be held against you. One option is to ask for the scheduled 26 hours so that you can make other compensation arrangements. Some TMs just don't get it. They sit in their royal office and think they are master of the universe. And the employees that perpetuate that laugh all the way to the bank. Nice team atmosphere, huh?
I fully understand what you're saying but, could you "perpetuate" a little more each day? After all, they have numbers to meet as well as you do.

Unless you haven't noticed the harder you work here the more they ask you to do so if your lazy then you get the leftovers while the go getters get the hours . If you want the hours you have to be aggressive and go for it . Don't be afraid to do the sucky stops like grocery warehouses and catos. Don't mope around complaining about your job all the time either.and make your numbers !!!!

This wasn't even me. You know in my terminal I just watch! Again I see the dirt bag under the tm's desk sucking his way to the top! But that's OK his wife brings him a soda each morning while her husband performs oral under the desk then they take him gambling out on the weekends! Nice huh? This has nothing to do with numbers
It has everything to do with numbers. You have a **** poor attitude and if I was your boss I would make your life a living hell until you quit. If you want to see a bunch of ass kissers you can find many at the union carriers too. Sucking up to Stewards and BA's was common place in my day.

Again this place is a joke! 55 to 26 hours ? I can tell you this! Again the place is filled with so much bull ::shit::!

Last edited by a moderator:
Again this place is a joke! 55 to 26 hours ? I can tell you this! Maybe this guy should try the open door policy that works oh so well as we all know!
Why do you stay Coal if you hate it so much here? Why? Just answer that one question. I would be gone in a New York minute. Life is too short to be unhappy.

Last edited by a moderator:
Why should I have to find a new job? Why don't I call the hr department and tell them how much fàvortism this place is and see how it works out for the TM

Why should I have to find a new job? Why don't I call the hr department and tell them how much fàvortism this place is and see how it works out for the TM
Yeah, that's the way to get more hours. If what you say is true, you will either....get more hours or get in the unemployment line. Wouldn't it be better to just offer to help out more?

It has everything to do with numbers. You have a **** poor attitude and if I was your boss I would make your life a living hell until you quit. If you want to see a bunch of ass kissers you can find many at the union carriers too. Sucking up to Stewards and BA's was common place in my day.
What union outfit did you work for in your day?

Guys like Rick O. And Paul Peck should make a visit to every terminal for a visit, in order to alleviate some of the nonsense. Unfortunately, they don't give a ::shit:: enough to commit to something like that. They justify unprofessional business practices by condoning them. Saia really should have a checks and balances. But they don't, and won't.

The Saia North division is a mess, and that is now Mr. Pecks back yard. The RM's and TM's don't want to "make waves", don't want to hold there employees or other terminals accountable. Seniority rules in the north, if you happen to be one of the top guys, you are not expected to work as hard as the lower guys, even when it's busy or a terminal is short handed. The division of work is very inconsistent, there is, without a doubt, no "team" atmosphere in the north. You have very hard working drivers busting there ass, sure they get the hours, but they also get burned out and quit. If they would divide the work more evenly, hold the slow pokers accountable, and work harder to retain drivers they may not be in such dire straights. Also, how about trying to NOT dismiss all of the driver's concerns, sure, some bitch to bitch, but others actually care and want to help do better, but are dismissed by the local all the way up to the upper management as "just drivers", and treated as if they don't know what they are talking about. I just want to say this, LISTEN to the people that are working hard to help this company be successful, the ones that bust ass, get the deliveries made and the pick ups made, the ones who work a lot of hours without even a "thanks you". Actually put your money where your mouth is and actually promote a TEAM atmosphere. Until the RM's, and TM's stop thinking about themselves and start thinking about the region's and terminals as a vital part of the whole company, things won't change.

The Saia North division is a mess, and that is now Mr. Pecks back yard. The RM's and TM's don't want to "make waves", don't want to hold there employees or other terminals accountable. Seniority rules in the north, if you happen to be one of the top guys, you are not expected to work as hard as the lower guys, even when it's busy or a terminal is short handed. The division of work is very inconsistent, there is, without a doubt, no "team" atmosphere in the north. You have very hard working drivers busting there ass, sure they get the hours, but they also get burned out and quit. If they would divide the work more evenly, hold the slow pokers accountable, and work harder to retain drivers they may not be in such dire straights. Also, how about trying to NOT dismiss all of the driver's concerns, sure, some bitch to bitch, but others actually care and want to help do better, but are dismissed by the local all the way up to the upper management as "just drivers", and treated as if they don't know what they are talking about. I just want to say this, LISTEN to the people that are working hard to help this company be successful, the ones that bust ass, get the deliveries made and the pick ups made, the ones who work a lot of hours without even a "thanks you". Actually put your money where your mouth is and actually promote a TEAM atmosphere. Until the RM's, and TM's stop thinking about themselves and start thinking about the region's and terminals as a vital part of the whole company, things won't change.

You have hit the nail squarely on the head. Every point you make is precisely correct. But, they must like it that way, otherwise they would do something about it.