Central Transport | What happens now?

Jeepstr723

TB Regular
Credits
How does this proceed for us. How does this work, I have no experience with being bought out. Tm says corporate put a letter out.

Last edited by a moderator:
Next the TMs will try to convince us to all stay because there is a miracle coming. Those that stay will lose all seniority and go to the CT extra board IF CT decides to hire you. Good chance we will all have to reapply for our jobs.

You will given an almost believable pep talk by your TM(who is probably out of a job) telling you that this is the greatest thing since sliced bread. Next, you will be given an application packet to take home and fill out. Depending on CT's local staffing levels, you may be interviewed. Depending on your driving history,age, physical condition, attitude and or prior Union employment, you could be offered a job. If you accept that offer, you could be treated fairly by their current employees. Not all, but some, will treat you like the red-headed step child that you are to them. Think Vitran/P-JAX/ Milan mergers. You will probably start over at the bottom and have to work your way back up or until your next job comes along.

You will given an almost believable pep talk by your TM(who is probably out of a job) telling you that this is the greatest thing since sliced bread. Next, you will be given an application packet to take home and fill out. Depending on CT's local staffing levels, you may be interviewed. Depending on your driving history,age, physical condition, attitude and or prior Union employment, you could be offered a job. If you accept that offer, you could be treated fairly by their current employees. Not all, but some, will treat you like the red-headed step child that you are to them. Think Vitran/P-JAX/ Milan mergers. You will probably start over at the bottom and have to work your way back up or until your next job comes along.

Sad sack put it far better than my anger allows me to.

What happens now is you'd better run. Matty Maroun buying you was the worst case scenario. It would have been better to close up shop than to have him involved. At least then, the more reputable carriers would have needed drivers to haul Vitrans freight. As it looks now, you're going to be going from a company who was bleeding money to a company whose owner bleeds the drivers. I am very sorry to hear this terrible turn of events. But, if I.were you, I'd be immediately looking for another job. Just saying. You will not be happy working at CT.

At the center of CenTra is Central Transport International, a less-than-truckload (LTL) carrier that hauls across North America. (LTL carriers combine freight from multiple shippers into a single truckload.) Central Transport and its affiliates operate via some 200 terminals, mainly in the eastern US. CenTra's interests include expedited freight transporter CTX, freight forwarder Central Global Express, broker/warehouser Custom Services International, and supply chain manager Logistics Insight (LINC). CenTra also owns the Ambassador Bridge, connecting Detroit with Windsor, Ontario. CEO Manuel Moroun and his son Matthew control freight hauler Universal Truckload as well as CenTra (founded by Manuel's father).

The Ambassador Bridge has become a busy trade gateway over the years; in preparation for building a second, adjacent span to support traffic volumes, the Morouns bought real estate on both sides of the border. The Morouns' Detroit International Bridge Co. was approved in early 2009 to start the second bridge's first phase. Plans, however, remain mired in the publicly charged permitting process.

In the meantime, Matthew Moroun has expanded his empire. In spring 2009 he acquired more than a 50% stake in truckload, dry van carrier P.A.M. Transportation Services, of which he is chairman and his father a director. – less

Might as well start applying at other jobs since you got to apply at your new job and start over. Atleast there are a lot of jobs hiring still. Atleast this didn't happen in the dead of winter. Good luck to you guys.

Don't run you may get some free money out of the deal. Severance pay.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Even if you keep the name for a while, expect big changes for them to cut costs. CT has no dispatchers at terminals, all handle out of Corp office and sent via hand helds. All drivers must measure skids at time of p/u and take pics of Bills. All drivers must work the dock, when you get on the dock you have to use your hand held to scan the forklift you drive so you get credit for the work you do ( and to get paid). All their mechanics work for outside staffing companies, so they keep cost downs. They have their own insurance company, I think its called Cherokee( I mean they actually own it). I heard its tough to get doctors to take it. I have known some people that worked there for a while, it all depends on what your looking for. But make no mistake, the son and father are the same- squeeze every penny till there is nothing left.:tongue::coffee1::duh: