ODFL | What happens to seniority at a terminal when OD buys another carrier?

BillyLo

Service 2.0 OD Strong All Time Mastio Champion
Credits
Out in the NW here there is a strong rumor going around we've laid some cash down for Priority Freight Line. They're a larger outfit around these parts so was curious if all our guys come out above in seniority or not?

They have to hire in at OD.they then fall in line behind the ones already working for OD. I'm not sure how they work the pay scale but if you already work for OD your in good shape.I have been through this several times.They may not hire them if they don't need them.That's happed before too.:1036316054:

Priority only shows 15 terminals in their entire system .the price could not be that high ,if you have that kind of money,but there is quite a bit of overlap.any idea of their revenue?

Priority only shows 15 terminals in their entire system .the price could not be that high ,if you have that kind of money,but there is quite a bit of overlap.any idea of their revenue?

Not been able to find anything on that or their equipment,did see they pay less and are family owned.

Priority Freight Lines Inc.

looked up in Hanks Truck Pictures too,it showed lots of 2nd hand equip from NW and CF but most of the picture are 4-5 years old,kinda hope they don't still that kind of equip if OD is buying them because of the cost to immediately replace that equip like when they bought Goggins.they got rid of most of the tractors here quickly.they kept 3 out of 8 i think.got rid of 10-12 trailers out of 20 too.

Lately that outfit has been running a pretty modern fleet of mostly Int. and just a few of the old Ex-Cf units wandering around. They would offer an awfully nice terminal with the purchase too. I'm not so sure of all this going down, but with folks at 4 other terminals talking about and one of the top dogs from NC here.. it's hard to say what's going down.

Lately that outfit has been running a pretty modern fleet of mostly Int. and just a few of the old Ex-Cf units wandering around. They would offer an awfully nice terminal with the purchase too. I'm not so sure of all this going down, but with folks at 4 other terminals talking about and one of the top dogs from NC here.. it's hard to say what's going down.

Well,if it is just a rumor it's a believeable one.Beats Estes and DHL.Has O.D. bought anybody this year ? If not they are overdue.

rumor was true...

Just heard a few minutes ago.....at noon on 4/17/07...O.D. owns Priority......Billylo was right.

the press release says OD will keep 3 terminals Yakima WA Pasco WA and Medford OR everything else will be merged unless one becomes to crowded

the press release says OD will keep 3 terminals Yakima WA Pasco WA and Medford OR everything else will be merged unless one becomes to crowded

It would be good if there was no job loss but that don't look likely.

Out in the NW here there is a strong rumor going around we've laid some cash down for Priority Freight Line. They're a larger outfit around these parts so was curious if all our guys come out above in seniority or not?

My t/m said at OD it is years of service not seniority!