Estes | what has estes done for me

jimdowning

TB Lurker
Credits
Next time you think about bad mouthing estes think back to your last job. How was life like?
I have fellow drivers that have had runs cut and had to go extra board. They get upset, but when they sit back and realize how well we are compensated they are hard pressed to get new jobs.
I could not find a better paying job right now. I could not afford the new house I built, my 2 new trucks, my HARLEY or the way I am accustomed to living.
I know you are going to say I am kissing a*s, and I do not kiss ***. So feel free to contact Boise, Idaho 246 and ask them. I am just honest and tired of a few negative people on this board.
Now everyone be safe

Sounds To Me Like A Man Who Doesn't Mind Working For A Living And Doesn't Just Sit Around Wanting His Company To Give Him Something For Nothing.i Agree With You 100 Per Cent..been Doin The Same For 31 Yrs.you Have To Take The Good With The Bad...

i do appreciate this job and when i started i really liked it. but you would be lieing to yourself if you say this place hasnt changed GREATLY, and i would have to say 95% bad for the employee.

im not going to praise this job...i do and have always done very well no matter what position i have held at estes. i have always "made it happen"

on the flip side of that coin, estes hasnt given me a thing. i have had to work for every thing, and sometimes have gotten screwed! im a worker and proud of it, and earned my way. so i dont owe estes a thing.
if anything they owe me countless hours from all the breaks they cut me short on or made me miss...

what was my last job like? better money, same bennies. just because your job before estes wasnt as good doesnt mean everybody is in the same boat you are in.

i am compensated fairly. excessive? NO lol

i could find a better paying job right now.
holland
ccx
fedex freight
fedex national

are all hiring right now in my area

i wasnt going to say you are kissing ***. just sounds like to me that the material things you now possess are starting to possess you.
but i dont really care so i wont be contacting boise lol

Okay, so there are those that love it at Estes, those that hate Estes, and those who are probably like the most that are just pointing out the problems. To most it probably sounds like bit**ing but they are venting their opinions, which in most instances are common amongst the workers.

Whether you love it here or not, to recognize the devaluing of the workers whether in pay or benefits is a reality here. How much are you willing to put up with is your own perogative.

The point being is that Estes has done their level best (and continue to find new ways) to strip the worker to benefit their pocket. They are a business and can do whatever they want. But as a worker we have the right AND the obligation to try and prevent further undercutting of our value. This company does not and will never value our contributions. Excuse me, they do value our contributions to their pocket, but not the level of work we do.

what was my last job like? better money, same bennies. just because your job before estes wasnt as good doesnt mean everybody is in the same boat you are in.

i wasnt going to say you are kissing ***. just sounds like to me that the material things you now possess are starting to possess you.
but i dont really care so i wont be contacting boise lol

Just so you know I managed an Auto Transport company and made way more than I do now.
Also I could give up everything I own and still be the same person. I usually own 2 or more scooters at a time I had to cut back.
I am saying if I had to bi*** about my job and tell people not to come work here I would not be here. I guess I wouldnt want to work where it was so horrible.
My point is step back and see the whole picture and remember I do not know you, but you are still my brother or sister.
Oh yeah say hi to mom

the only people that still say anything positive about this place is either extraboard drivers or the guys that were lucky enough to keep thier 3000 mile a week runs.

i must say its great that if you were in my position you would quit. but you are not, i am. MThelmet said it very well, i dont think this is the worst place in the world no doubt. its just so much worse than 5 years ago...

You
the only people that still say anything positive about this place is either extraboard drivers or the guys that were lucky enough to keep thier 3000 mile a week runs.

i must say its great that if you were in my position you would quit. but you are not, i am. MThelmet said it very well, i dont think this is the worst place in the world no doubt. its just so much worse than 5 years ago...

You hit one main point. Anyone with a good mileage run that is not getting cut frequently is going to be content. But those that are having runs cut once a week, or those who have had there run totally cut and bumped to extra board, those that have had breaks and hooks taken away on the shorter runs, etc. etc. etc. are the ones that are obviously going to be upset.

And rightfully so. So those that are in a comfort zone, give some slack to those that are being affected by all the crap that Estes is doing. The big difference between east and west coast is the 55mph states. West coast can only achieve, by law (not Estes safety idea of legal) 550 miles per run. Don't forget the 5mph reduction rule for safety. I know, I know, Estes safety says you can run 65 in a 55 state (which was told to drivers on more than one occasion).

If you're in a 55mph state on a 380 mile run and Estes says you no longer get to break and hook, you lose the money that makes up for your short mileage. Or when you have to wait on your own time when theres a breakdown. Or when you, or when you, or when you.........

The main point is they want you to give, give, give for free. Then they want to not pay, not pay, not pay.

So like I said, if you're a long run hauler making successful turns without waiting for a hostler, dispatcher or freight you've got it made and should be happy and content. There are still some of those and I too would be happy with it.

But for those who are having there lives turned sideways or upside down by suits making decisions about crap they know nothing about, or by those who have no care for human dignity and workers concerns, they have every right to bi**h and complain.

I just wish the complaining would be more supportive of solutions than the constant bickering back and forth that this has turned into.

Don't forget, if the bill passes for union to do company wide voting instead of terminal by terminal, we should see a movement in that direction. But then again, if that bill passes, maybe a true christian that follows his beliefs instead of his pocket will buy us out and turn things around to the positive.

Have never been PRO union, but am not ANTI union either. My conclusion is if union will stop this owner from constantly screwing the very people that put the money in his pocket, then that's the direction the workers need to go.

It is curious how UPS and Yellow are two of the top in the business despite being union. Something must be working right.

Hmmmmm :D well lets see i like my job, i enjoy my work, Estes hasn't done too much to screw me. i guess i am one of the lucky ones i have a 2540 mile a week run that most times i dont have to wait more than 1 hour for my freight, i NEVER NEVER wait on a hostler if i dont want to. i HOOK MY SET if i dont want to wait, hell i even help the hostler find trailers. when i go on my run i go to my tun point. they give me 5 hours to do it. it takes me 4.5 hours, and guess what i do it in 4.5 hours. i dont screw off, i dont take breaks, i dont take lunch very offten, and if i do its on my way back home aka on my time not the companies, i do as i am paid to do. i get the frieght from point A to point B as fast as i can.

now i also saw:
The point being is that Estes has done their level best (and continue to find new ways) to strip the worker to benefit their pocket. They are a business and can do whatever they want. But as a worker we have the right AND the obligation to try and prevent further undercutting of our value. This company does not and will never value our contributions. Excuse me, they do value our contributions to their pocket, but not the level of work we do.

um you dont have the RIGHT or the obligatiion to do crap bud, you do have the right to leave, and lets not get on that string of BS, you are not trying to prevent futher undercutting of my value to the company. you are trying to get whatever run you had and loved and the company that you used to work for is DEAD, and i sure wish the FRICKEN THINKING IN THAT COMPANY, THAT CAUSED IT TO DIE WOUlD GO THE HELL AWAY!!!

i mean WAHHHHHH i lost my hub run cuse people were double dipping and lieing about work they didnt do but said they did, well no sh*t sherlock, umm let see you were STEALING from the company.

wahhh i lost my run cuse estes is a big meany, it had nothing to do with all the whining and threats of the big U word, hmm lets see, well maybe, just maybe they are trying to get rid of the people that started and egged of the big U word movement, and NO if the stupid bill is passed things wont get right in your mind, and i DARE you to try the Ubig U movement agian, because YOU my friend we be the one responsible for that ENTIRE terminals closure, and that means EVERYONE there will loose thier job and that will be YOUR fault!!!!! so THINK before you act and thionk of others before yourself!!

and if you dont believe me ask ANY con-way draiver abut what happens at that company :D

i like my job Estes has given me a lot and has not screwed my much at all. call me a kiss butt or what ever that fine. i guess there are only a few people out there that care about thier company and want it to grow :D

Hmmmmm :D well lets see i like my job, i enjoy my work, Estes hasn't done too much to screw me. i guess i am one of the lucky ones i have a 2540 mile a week run that most times i dont have to wait more than 1 hour for my freight, i NEVER NEVER wait on a hostler if i dont want to. i HOOK MY SET if i dont want to wait, hell i even help the hostler find trailers. when i go on my run i go to my tun point. they give me 5 hours to do it. it takes me 4.5 hours, and guess what i do it in 4.5 hours. i dont screw off, i dont take breaks, i dont take lunch very offten, and if i do its on my way back home aka on my time not the companies, i do as i am paid to do. i get the frieght from point A to point B as fast as i can.

now i also saw:

um you dont have the RIGHT or the obligatiion to do crap bud, you do have the right to leave, and lets not get on that string of BS, you are not trying to prevent futher undercutting of my value to the company. you are trying to get whatever run you had and loved and the company that you used to work for is DEAD, and i sure wish the FRICKEN THINKING IN THAT COMPANY, THAT CAUSED IT TO DIE WOUlD GO THE HELL AWAY!!!

i mean WAHHHHHH i lost my hub run cuse people were double dipping and lieing about work they didnt do but said they did, well no sh*t sherlock, umm let see you were STEALING from the company.

wahhh i lost my run cuse estes is a big meany, it had nothing to do with all the whining and threats of the big U word, hmm lets see, well maybe, just maybe they are trying to get rid of the people that started and egged of the big U word movement, and NO if the stupid bill is passed things wont get right in your mind, and i DARE you to try the Ubig U movement agian, because YOU my friend we be the one responsible for that ENTIRE terminals closure, and that means EVERYONE there will loose thier job and that will be YOUR fault!!!!! so THINK before you act and thionk of others before yourself!!

and if you dont believe me ask ANY con-way draiver abut what happens at that company :D

i like my job Estes has given me a lot and has not screwed my much at all. call me a kiss butt or what ever that fine. i guess there are only a few people out there that care about thier company and want it to grow :D
I guess this kind of immature, whining, petty, juvenile response just reflects the reason most of us just stay the hell off of here.

Keep your whiny pissy butt here, we need you confined somewhere.

Maybe you should be promoted to Richmond to be with your primate buddies.

I started this thread for good not to bit** at one another. I had my run cut and now I have a new 1 but not as good. I can look in the mirror and say I give estes 100%. I just want to open peoples eyes to the negativity they give out. When you tell someone not to apply but are still working here thats BS. I can say alot of negatives about estes but I prefer to look at the positives. Yes I can make more money at another job but would give up being at home every day. Look at the whole picture not just your world.

one thing jimbob, estes hasnt given you a damn thing thats for sure. i dont mind, well hell...i respect people that earn thier way as i have. everything i have i have earned, nobody has given me ::shit::.

i tell people to not apply because there is better jobs out there. that is no BS. because i still work here, so what? i have an obligation that would not make sense to change at this point in time. when that time comes i will be somewhere else. i know its hard to understand but sometimes its not all so black and white.

im only giving out negativity because thats all i have experienced at estes the past 3-5 years, and judging from people that i meet at the terminal and on the road i am not alone in thinking this.

ok, i will agree with you on this. i am a glass half empty guy. you seem to be half full type.

only thing i can think of as a positive is them giving us those 2 extra days paid off. so now we get 2 days for thanksgiving paid. instead of having to take 2 days each year and only getting paid one. and depending on your schedule they will make you split those 2 days :biglaugh:

are you hub or linehaul?

i am a linehual driver if that question was for me.

and estes has givin me alot, i have a job that pays me right around $30k more than my last job, and it was a trucking job also, i work way less hours and get paid more. i drive a brand new 3 axle truck. i have a 401k plan. i have medical, dental and vision insurance. i have a stable income. 90% of the time if i want time off its no problem. i have a nice place to work that is very laid back with no drama at my terminal, yes it is a small terminal but still, no drama is a big plus. in the summer i work about 10 hours a night 5 days a week, in the winter it is more , but i get paid for what makes it a longer night aka chaining, road closed due to weather and such. i have very little breakdowns because i treat the truck as if it was my own and the driver i swap with does that same.

the only real complain i have is with the shop that i have to use to get the truck serviced, if i owned the truck it would NEVER EVER go in that shop!!!!! it is such a pain to get anything done, includeing the service, they always tell me the computer says its not due even when its about 10k mile over due, so i vae to battle to get the service done. other than that my other complaints are small to me.

As in anything we all have to deal with from birth to death.
Its totally our choice on how we all look at any given issue.

You can take a positive attitude,listing everything you have going for you thats good,over coming the negatives.

Or you can go around down in the dumps looking for all of the negatives.
With this kind of attitude its very hard to see anything you got going for you as a positive thing.

The choice is completely up to each individual.

If you really hate the job you have for any negative reason,you just can't over come.
Then you really need to find something your better suited for.
Depression is very unhealthy,and can even lead you to an early grave.

You don't have to be happy,happy,happy, with everything,but it helps to be happy with what you do have,rather then being bumbed out,because you feel you are getting a raw deal you have no control over.

We always have some control,we don't have to stay where we are,we can go someplace else we will be happier at.

Now this is advice coming from someone whos been on both sides of this issue.
And believe me its a whole lot better,as well as healthier looking at the bright side of your sistuation,instead of making yourself sick over something thats totally up to you to change.

When I was 21, I was at the end of my rope with life.

Its only the hand of God I'm still alive, and enjoying my life now,after to nearlly two sucessful ******* attempts two days apart.

I hit a tree with my car,the seedometer broke,at 85 miles per hour.
Two days later I turned on the shower,took a pair of sissors,and slashed my left wrist open,ready to do the other one,when my mother nagged me to come out, and answer a phone call.

Gods been mighty good to me,I'm on barrowed time,every breath is a gift from him.
Now I'm thankful for everything,he blesses me with.
No more negative attitudes in my life, thank you very much!

As in anything we all have to deal with from birth to death.
Its totally our choice on how we all look at any given issue.

You can take a positive attitude,listing everything you have going for you thats good,over coming the negatives.

Or you can go around down in the dumps looking for all of the negatives.
With this kind of attitude its very hard to see anything you got going for you as a positive thing.

The choice is completely up to each individual.

If you really hate the job you have for any negative reason,you just can't over come.
Then you really need to find something your better suited for.
Depression is very unhealthy,and can even lead you to an early grave.

You don't have to be happy,happy,happy, with everything,but it helps to be happy with what you do have,rather then being bumbed out,because you feel you are getting a raw deal you have no control over.

We always have some control,we don't have to stay where we are,we can go someplace else we will be happier at.

Now this is advice coming from someone whos been on both sides of this issue.
And believe me its a whole lot better,as well as healthier looking at the bright side of your sistuation,instead of making yourself sick over something thats totally up to you to change.

When I was 21, I was at the end of my rope with life.

Its only the hand of God I'm still alive, and enjoying my life now,after to nearlly two sucessful ******* attempts two days apart.

I hit a tree with my car,the seedometer broke,at 85 miles per hour.
Two days later I turned on the shower,took a pair of sissors,and slashed my left wrist open,ready to do the other one,when my mother nagged me to come out, and answer a phone call.

Gods been mighty good to me,I'm on barrowed time,every breath is a gift from him.
Now I'm thankful for everything,he blesses me with.
No more negative attitudes in my life, thank you very much!

you could save yourself alot of time by just saying "if you dont like it, quit"

the thing i cant figure out is why does that statement apply only to non-union companies? why doesnt anybody say that to union places when contracts are being discussed?

im going to go over the ups freight board, because i could swear you were complaining about things when ups took over. maybe im wrong. but if i am right, you can expect a big "if you dont like it, quit" from me :biglaugh:

you could save yourself alot of time by just saying "if you dont like it, quit"

the thing i cant figure out is why does that statement apply only to non-union companies? why doesnt anybody say that to union places when contracts are being discussed?

im going to go over the ups freight board, because i could swear you were complaining about things when ups took over. maybe im wrong. but if i am right, you can expect a big "if you dont like it, quit" from me :biglaugh:

Don't mind him, he's trying to get his post count up.:biglaugh:

freeze frame i dont know what city you live in but holland is a great place to work for the bennies cannot be beat just remember you start at the bottom and work your way up just like the top man did when he started

Yes your right I'm as much of a whiner about my company as anyother trucker is about theirs.
But I'm not a quiter,I'm an over-comer.
No body can truely be totally in love with the company they work at,or the duities they have to do to get their paycheck.

BUT,and this is a big BUT....
I can make a list of everything thats good in my life,and check it out with the few things that are negative.
The good surpasses the negatives,and I'm happy that I can be a positive UPS Freight city driver rather then a consent complainer.

As far as my post counts go steve 5,its just my wife,and I she does a lot of reading.
I however enjoy typing messages on the truckingboards to my trucking peer group.

And by my post count you can see thats a true story driver!