Estes | what has estes done for me

freeze frame i dont know what city you live in but holland is a great place to work for the bennies cannot be beat just remember you start at the bottom and work your way up just like the top man did when he started

yea man, big 10-4 on that. i tried to put my app in when i first had my cdl but they sort of laughed me out the building because i didnt have any experience. couldnt even clean the toilets without experience lol.

now that i have over 2 years in, its a good time to move. except now i have an obligation and it really makes the decision tough. if i knew things were going to go this way i wouldnt have put myself in the position i am in now...

Yes your right I'm as much of a whiner about my company as anyother trucker is about theirs.
But I'm not a quiter,I'm an over-comer.
No body can truely be totally in love with the company they work at,or the duities they have to do to get their paycheck.

BUT,and this is a big BUT....
I can make a list of everything thats good in my life,and check it out with the few things that are negative.
The good surpasses the negatives,and I'm happy that I can be a positive UPS Freight city driver rather then a consent complainer.

As far as my post counts go steve 5,its just my wife,and I she does a lot of reading.
I however enjoy typing messages on the truckingboards to my trucking peer group.

And by my post count you can see thats a true story driver!

Just giving you a hard time, as usual.

BUT,and this is a big BUT....
I can make a list of everything thats good in my life,and check it out with the few things that are negative.
The good surpasses the negatives

finally we have something in common, just because you see me whine and cry about the company doesnt mean my whole life is miserable. i think anybody that knows me, knows that i am somewhat jaded and cynical but at the same time lighthearted and seemingly happy.

i guess you are just judging a book by its cover and in this case you are wrong, or maybe i am :hysterical:

Whats really neat about being a city driver like I've been all of these 44 years.
Dealing with all sorts of personalities in the people I have on my route.
I've found its all in your attitude.
I'm truely amazed at the things I've gotten away with saying,just because I'm always smiling,and joking around.

I've always said we truckers develop the fine art of sarcasum.
I've actually told people off to their face over some issue with their shippments.
And they never even realized I was putting them in their place?
Oh my being a city driver is way to much fun sometimes.
Besids that we get to play in traffic,smiling at everyone.
And we even get paid for having all of this fun.
So ask me if I care that my company doesn't know what they are doing.

Heres one of my famous sayings I've also developed over these many years.

Just do your best,and don't worry about the rest.
All of the worrying you could ever do won't change anything.
So why bother doing it.

YUP I really have a lot of fun doing what I'm doing why do you think I'm still doing this after 44 years,and being over 63 years old?

I thank God every day for the life he gives me,the job I have,and when he wants me for something else he will let me know.
Untill then its fun,and games.
Also I still have some bills to pay off before I can afford to live on a fixed income.
Yeah you knew there was more then fun,and games!

yea man, big 10-4 on that. i tried to put my app in when i first had my cdl but they sort of laughed me out the building because i didnt have any experience. couldnt even clean the toilets without experience lol.

now that i have over 2 years in, its a good time to move. except now i have an obligation and it really makes the decision tough. if i knew things were going to go this way i wouldnt have put myself in the position i am in now...

How long have you been a driver, and how many companys have you driven for? Just curious how you say you now have 2 years in. If you have only driven for 2 years and this is your only company you will be getting an eye opening experience at your second driver position with another company.

oh yea. now i understand where you are comming form , freezeframe. if you only have 2 years exp driving, you have MUCH to learn.

yes i have more than 2 years. who said this is my only driving job? dont make assumptions it just makes you an *** :funky:

jimbob/jimdowning i know i know, im sure you have way more experience than i do. and i dont write off your comments either. but i take all the information i get from all drivers specially ones that have been at a few different places. but yes i am still young and still have something to learn.

but one thing i have learned is it sucks to work for somebody else :smilie_132:

yea i guess it would be hard to find somebody to work for you when you pay less than the competition and give less benefits

oh wait....:hysterical: :hide: :biglaugh:

I see the biggest draw back of working for yourself as you can't just clock out,and walk away.

Other negatives are you have to pay all of your own SSI,health care,and life insurance.

Being your own boss you can take time off when you feel like it,unless someones depending on you for something.

You can take large tax deductions.

I guess it comes down to the same story.
Whatever works for you!

I remember the days when 95% of the time you hauled a van behind you, and now its about 90% of the time pups.
Just one of the changes for the worse.
Seems like everything ran smoother back in van days.
Did pups make this company more money.
Seems to me they did better back in the van days.

Its all about body language,and having a really good attitude about the company your working for.
Customers can pick up on how you feel about the company you work for.
When they start railing about how they think your working for a bunch of idiots that don't know anything about operating a trucking company,and you either agree,or disagree with them in anyway.

But for the most part I find most people to be a lot of fun dealing with,in the conversations I have with them,when I'm in their business doing my daily route.

I smile,and make light of everything,yet I don't take any baloney from anyone.

I do what I have to do to get unloaded,or loaded whatever the case may be.

I really have a fantasic relationship with all of my customers on my route.

I know when I come back to my route from a weeks vacation.
They all say they really missed me,and the other driver doesn't know how to take care of them like I do.

Just think I have all of this love,and fun on my route,and UPS is even paying me for it.
Why what more could anyone ever ask for?

Its a great life when you learn how to live it.

Its all about body language,and having a really good attitude about the company your working for.
Customers can pick up on how you feel about the company you work for.
When they start railing about how they think your working for a bunch of idiots that don't know anything about operating a trucking company,and you either agree,or disagree with them in anyway.

But for the most part I find most people to be a lot of fun dealing with,in the conversations I have with them,when I'm in their business doing my daily route.

I smile,and make light of everything,yet I don't take any baloney from anyone.

I do what I have to do to get unloaded,or loaded whatever the case may be.

I really have a fantasic relationship with all of my customers on my route.

I know when I come back to my route from a weeks vacation.
They all say they really missed me,and the other driver doesn't know how to take care of them like I do.

Just think I have all of this love,and fun on my route,and UPS is even paying me for it.
Why what more could anyone ever ask for?

Its a great life when you learn how to live it.

I don't take any cheese from anyone either.:hysterical:

Well, said there AP. Spoken like the wise man that you are...

Thanks a lot my Apostolic brother.
We know we are going to make Heaven our home when we draw our last breath.
So just with that knowledge alone,what problem could we possibly have here on planet earth that would get us down?

look its apparent whos safe and whos hanging on. and whos moving freight and whos not. all i know is we have been cut reduced hooks no dock work on 4 hr waits and only 280 miles a night. they have not said anything too us to raise our hopes of a future in this company. what to do now?wait it out ? or leave? and no comment from the safe drivers i already know your answer!

look its apparent whos safe and whos hanging on. and whos moving freight and whos not. all i know is we have been cut reduced hooks no dock work on 4 hr waits and only 280 miles a night. they have not said anything too us to raise our hopes of a future in this company. what to do now?wait it out ? or leave? and no comment from the safe drivers i already know your answer!

My advice is haul *** as fast as you can. Out the front gate and don't look back. Mail your truck keys to them if you have to. There is absolutely no future where you are currently employed. The only thing that gets upper managements attention with that company is disruption of operations period. I know I was employed at G.I. for over twenty years. And those idiots absolutely ruined our great company. They are the misfits of the ltl trucking industry. You all had your chance to join the union movement we put together out here in the west. And don't say you didn't hear about it. Everyone knew what was happening in Cali. last year. But you all sat on your hands while we did the dirty work. With support from some other states simultaneously, who knows what may have resulted. I know one thing. Rob E. Thought it was a serious enough threat to his jippo outfit that he flew his hillbilly *** out west to beg for forgiveness. Boo hoo I'm sorry I desimated your pay and benefit package. Run Forest Run. I left that dump and I'm now with one of the three that will be left standing when all the dust settles. Estes will sell or he will be crushed by the shear weight of these three monsters of the ltl world. Think of these companys as pacmans chasing around these little jippo outfits(Estes) and gobbling them up.

My advice is haul *** as fast as you can. Out the front gate and don't look back. Mail your truck keys to them if you have to. There is absolutely no future where you are currently employed. The only thing that gets upper managements attention with that company is disruption of operations period. I know I was employed at G.I. for over twenty years. And those idiots absolutely ruined our great company. They are the misfits of the ltl trucking industry. You all had your chance to join the union movement we put together out here in the west. And don't say you didn't hear about it. Everyone knew what was happening in Cali. last year. But you all sat on your hands while we did the dirty work. With support from some other states simultaneously, who knows what may have resulted. I know one thing. Rob E. Thought it was a serious enough threat to his jippo outfit that he flew his hillbilly *** out west to beg for forgiveness. Boo hoo I'm sorry I desimated your pay and benefit package. Run Forest Run. I left that dump and I'm now with one of the three that will be left standing when all the dust settles. Estes will sell or he will be crushed by the shear weight of these three monsters of the ltl world. Think of these companys as pacmans chasing around these little jippo outfits(Estes) and gobbling them up.
WELL SAID. Obviously this won't connect to the "I love Estes" types, but read the writing on the wall folks!

Estes is doa, just a matter of a short time when the a in doa is.