Estes | what has estes done for me

thank you for your effort Elvis and THANK YOU for leaving!!!!! its about time one of you guys did the right thing and left for your union company that you so dearly want to make my company into. :biglaugh:

thank you for your effort Elvis and THANK YOU for leaving!!!!! its about time one of you guys did the right thing and left for your union company that you so dearly want to make my company into. :biglaugh:

Well I must say Jim Bob, that was a warmer send off then I recieved from Estes. " Thank you for your efforts" After all this time you are still a very confused young man. Estes is not "YOUR COMPANY" you have zero control of your future, and they have zero respect for you. You will wake up from your nightmare one day. That is the good news. The bad news is. You will probably be my teamster brother. The flys and the voltures are circling Richmond. It is not a mirage. The white flag is about to be hoisted up the flag pole. Hurry up and get in the dingy before the ship is fully engulfed. It will be nice to be ahead of you in senority!!!!

good deal elvis, much luck to you

Thank you for the kind words F.F. I know I sound harsh towards Estes. But I do think it is warranted. I do not wish harm to any drivers or any other employees at your company. It is the upper management I loathe at Estes. Employees need to be respected better and they should be compensated better in the way of pay and benefits. Thats all. There is the solution to all your employee rebellion Rob. Are you listening Rob? Earth to Richmond. Are you listening? You should hire me as a motivational speaker. I will catch the red eye to Richmond tonight if you wish. Instant message me if you are interested. But I can save you the money with one sentence. QUIT SCREWING YOUR EMPLOYEES. Are you listening Rob? I didn't think so! See ya in the LTL graveyard..... p.s. Love ya JimBob

one thing jimbob, estes hasnt given you a damn thing thats for sure. i dont mind, well hell...i respect people that earn thier way as i have. everything i have i have earned, nobody has given me ::shit::.

i tell people to not apply because there is better jobs out there. that is no BS. because i still work here, so what? i have an obligation that would not make sense to change at this point in time. when that time comes i will be somewhere else. i know its hard to understand but sometimes its not all so black and white.

im only giving out negativity because thats all i have experienced at estes the past 3-5 years, and judging from people that i meet at the terminal and on the road i am not alone in thinking this.

ok, i will agree with you on this. i am a glass half empty guy. you seem to be half full type.

only thing i can think of as a positive is them giving us those 2 extra days paid off. so now we get 2 days for thanksgiving paid. instead of having to take 2 days each year and only getting paid one. and depending on your schedule they will make you split those 2 days :biglaugh:

are you hub or linehaul?

The glass is not half full, nor half empty. The glass is just too big. And so is the world. With driving jobs o-plenty. And they are all hiring right now. They have freight rolling off their docks as we speak. (at least out west) So venture out there and get yourselves a real job, with a future,that pays you what you deserve. And provides you with an atmosphere that is both profitable for the company as well as you and your family. I did. And I couldn't be happier that I did. After we are all gone JimBob will be left working three log books to get through the scales with his 20,000 miles a week!!

oh yea. now i understand where you are comming form , freezeframe. if you only have 2 years exp driving, you have MUCH to learn.

you are the one supposedly in the real world, but listening to your posts and comparing them to his, I would sware he has been around the block and you were the one with 2years experience!!!!

enjoy your union company elvis you deserve it. you worked so very hard for 20 year with GI. now go and retire with that union job and get that huge pention and all that pay and benefits. while driving those crappy truck that look like crap, no jake-brake, broken seat and smell like **** from the **** bottle on the floor. ENJOY!!! oh and i never really did find our what job you had before your beloved GI??

OTR driver or did you start on the dock?

and yes i LIVE in the real world. Cali aint the real world!! you people think funny!! and ask people that dont live there if you all think funny. dont ask you neighbor :biglaugh:

as far as being your teamster brother FAT CHANCE. oh hell no, i know with my driving experiance i can find any number of other ways to feed my family. just for those that want to know why i am agianst trucking unions here is why: the government already taks 30% of my pay check each week, and in a union some guy that i dont know gets part of my pay check too. then he takes my money and uses it to give to the government, in the form of a donation, to some leftest, scoialist demacrat, like hilary, that absolutly ABHORE!!! and they say that i support that. no i do not, i dont need some guy telling me where i need to spend my money or what i think is the best for me. a JOB is best for me, no job is not.

and ya know the funniest thing is that to this day elvis and all the rest of you people that think im nuts. what exactly did Estes take away?? $1200 a week for vactions, well thats up from the $800 we were getting at GI. dont know about you but i got .01cpm when Estes took over, so a raise and thank to youe efforts elvis and others now we get paid for breakdown after 1 hour instaed of 3, so i will say thank you for that and i have done that in the past. i have figured it out you all are mad that we dont get paid for the 15 min it takes to fuel the truck, thats it aint it :biglaugh: has to be, cuse my 401k plan hasnt changed, my run hasnt changed, the miles havent changed, the time i come to work hasnt changed, the time i leave hasnt changed, hell the peole i work with has changed by 1 and he wasnt gunna make it through the begining of the winter anyway. i believe i am treated well, i mean i know my job, a linehaul driver, and i know where to drive to, and i do it! to the best of my ability. maybe thats why i am treat well, i am not late getting to my meet point or comming home, i dont take lunch - not paid for, i dont take breaks, the 2 NOT paid 15 min breaks is what i am speaking of, so maybe thats whyi dont have problems :D i do whine :biglaugh: to the RIGHT people, and things tend to happen to fix the problem.

so elvis enjoy you new job, keep the rubber side down, and have a good life. i am sure someday ill pass you sitting on strike not getting paid somewhere in LMI

i would guess you are from an end of the line terminal not a break bulk. when things change in the company thats where it happens last. you probably just got your handhelds within the last year and probably just converted all your forklits to weigh ones.

you are right though, thanks to elvis you did get something out of it. its just too bad, we could of gotten much more if there were more estes employees like elvis instead of yellow back jimbobs driving around with thier fog lights on

enjoy your union company elvis you deserve it. you worked so very hard for 20 year with GI. now go and retire with that union job and get that huge pention and all that pay and benefits. while driving those crappy truck that look like crap, no jake-brake, broken seat and smell like **** from the **** bottle on the floor. ENJOY!!! oh and i never really did find our what job you had before your beloved GI??

OTR driver or did you start on the dock?

and yes i LIVE in the real world. Cali aint the real world!! you people think funny!! and ask people that dont live there if you all think funny. dont ask you neighbor :biglaugh:

as far as being your teamster brother FAT CHANCE. oh hell no, i know with my driving experiance i can find any number of other ways to feed my family. just for those that want to know why i am agianst trucking unions here is why: the government already taks 30% of my pay check each week, and in a union some guy that i dont know gets part of my pay check too. then he takes my money and uses it to give to the government, in the form of a donation, to some leftest, scoialist demacrat, like hilary, that absolutly ABHORE!!! and they say that i support that. no i do not, i dont need some guy telling me where i need to spend my money or what i think is the best for me. a JOB is best for me, no job is not.

and ya know the funniest thing is that to this day elvis and all the rest of you people that think im nuts. what exactly did Estes take away?? $1200 a week for vactions, well thats up from the $800 we were getting at GI. dont know about you but i got .01cpm when Estes took over, so a raise and thank to youe efforts elvis and others now we get paid for breakdown after 1 hour instaed of 3, so i will say thank you for that and i have done that in the past. i have figured it out you all are mad that we dont get paid for the 15 min it takes to fuel the truck, thats it aint it :biglaugh: has to be, cuse my 401k plan hasnt changed, my run hasnt changed, the miles havent changed, the time i come to work hasnt changed, the time i leave hasnt changed, hell the peole i work with has changed by 1 and he wasnt gunna make it through the begining of the winter anyway. i believe i am treated well, i mean i know my job, a linehaul driver, and i know where to drive to, and i do it! to the best of my ability. maybe thats why i am treat well, i am not late getting to my meet point or comming home, i dont take lunch - not paid for, i dont take breaks, the 2 NOT paid 15 min breaks is what i am speaking of, so maybe thats whyi dont have problems :D i do whine :biglaugh: to the RIGHT people, and things tend to happen to fix the problem.

so elvis enjoy you new job, keep the rubber side down, and have a good life. i am sure someday ill pass you sitting on strike not getting paid somewhere in LMI

This is the new mentality I have been talking about. Give me a new ride with a CD player. 450 horsepower, and air ride, and I will except and obey. Geez What has happened to this industry? Last time I checked a new truck that smells good doesn't pay for a box of cheerios. Why do you think Jr and Wayne rolled out those brand new trucks out west precisely at the same time they took the overtime away, delay pay,breakdown pay, shop time,layover pay,layover meals, I could continue but I would have carpel tunnel when complete....

they took the overtime away, delay pay,breakdown pay, shop time,layover pay,layover meals

Elvis, i do not know you, but I know plenty of 20 plus years of service from G I and I can say you guys are the reason we got sold. Stealing from the company can only last so long before the company has to change the way we are paid. extra hooks, 1 hour to fuel extra yard work and so on.
You might not be one that stole from the company, but you cant say you do not know what I am talking about.
Also do not blame anyone about the union not getting voted in that was your terminal that failed. In Idaho the union was waiting for your terminal to go union then they where going to push us to vote them in. I cant say that was good or bad. I can say it was dissapointing that your terminal coward when Rob Estes came to town, Your terminal could have made some effective changes. I know you got a little for your non union vote.

I do not know about 4 hour delays with no pay and I can say if I had to do that I would not be with that company. I just can not belive any trucker would get screwed like that and still work for that company.

lol, we cant even fuel at a truck stop any longer. we were told we have to fuel at the terminal. even though they took away one handle so you cannot fuel both sides of the truck at the same time. and they reduced the flow in half so it takes 4 times as long. they also have the auto lock off of the handle so you must stand thier with the slow pump, pumping each tank seperately lol. all while 4 guys are in line behind you looking like they are getting bent over the barrel with no vaseline. its funny when it rains because you have 4-5 guys waiting to go stand in the rain to fuel without no overhead protecting them at all haha

did i mention the fuel island doesnt have a window wash brush with fluid, or paper towls to clean your mirrors? guess you have to buy that...guess you are also suppose to do the cleaning while the other guys watch since you cant do it while you are fueling....oh man this place is a joke

lol, we cant even fuel at a truck stop any longer. we were told we have to fuel at the terminal. even though they took away one handle so you cannot fuel both sides of the truck at the same time. and they reduced the flow in half so it takes 4 times as long. they also have the auto lock off of the handle so you must stand thier with the slow pump, pumping each tank seperately lol. all while 4 guys are in line behind you looking like they are getting bent over the barrel with no vaseline. its funny when it rains because you have 4-5 guys waiting to go stand in the rain to fuel without no overhead protecting them at all haha

did i mention the fuel island doesnt have a window wash brush with fluid, or paper towls to clean your mirrors? guess you have to buy that...guess you are also suppose to do the cleaning while the other guys watch since you cant do it while you are fueling....oh man this place is a joke

What?.. You mean no more racking up road king points at the TA's?

And as far as window wash fluid and FREE paper towels, out of the LTL co's I've worked for none of them had such amenities.

You must have forgotten to tip the valet. He would have parked your truck for you as well. As far as fuel ,tell me of ANY company with on site fuel that wants you to spend more money at the TA so you can get some bonus points. BTW ,will you get tired of your new company and start bagging on them when something doesnt go just right?

Thats is your TM not supplying cleaning products. If you contact any saftey manager and let them know they will get you what you need.

I wonder if anyone expressed to upper management about the pump situation, and no I do not say bit** at them.

If you have a screwdriver (of course you do ) put the handle in as the lock.

Remember there is never a stupid question just dumb a** replys.