FedEx Freight | What have we become?

gtrdone, if you were to put me out by the gate to act as "compliance officer", instead of running back to you with my list of "bad boys" to be spanked on the wrist that day, I would probably tell ecah one the make sure that the lock is properly latched. That there is a push for compliance.

If the pattern is set and the habit is established then locking the lock becomes second nature. The same is true about driving habits. Set the pattern from the beginning.

:USA:

I would not ask you to run tell on anyone.. I would ask you to find out what trailers did not have locks, what locks did not work properly and communicate it back to me so the problem would be resolved!

safety is an issue, but is it better ro live in a nation of vigilantes, living by our own devices, or is it better to live in a nation of snitches who have transferred their protection to "big brother", or the safety department

there is a balance, but to call in a fellow trucker, is just plain wrong

there are many times a big truck will cut me off, swerve ahead of me, or do other dumb things. NEVER have i ever thought about calling his company to complain

if i see a driver doing something outright dangerous, i will pull up next to him

we may exchange some heated words but the message has been made to him, and that is the point

I know of a road driver in a yard in the midwest who was dropping out in the yard on a Saturday morning when there is very minimal traffic. As he was pulling out from under his rear trailer a yard horse pulled directly in front of him and locked his brakes up to tell him to put the trailer in a door. The road driver stopped about 2 inches short of hitting the side of the yard horse and the yard horse went in and said the road driver tries to hit HIM. After the road driver found out the yard horse snitched he had the terminal manager pull the vidoe tape and it was found the yard horse was in the wrong. So why did the yard horse feel the need to snitch when he was wrong???? Snithces are everwhere.

and some seem very proud to be snitches

so tell me, how are truck drivers ever going to unite to change our conditions when we have such people amongst our ranks

so we will continue to be abused because of our disunity, and the powers that be know this all too well

a house divided cannot stand

and some seem very proud to be snitches

so tell me, how are truck drivers ever going to unite to change our conditions when we have such people amongst our ranks

so we will continue to be abused because of our disunity, and the powers that be know this all too well

a house divided cannot stand
Sounds like this place need a lot of cheese to feed the rats.

safety is an issue, but is it better ro live in a nation of vigilantes, living by our own devices, or is it better to live in a nation of snitches who have transferred their protection to "big brother", or the safety department

there is a balance, but to call in a fellow trucker, is just plain wrong

there are many times a big truck will cut me off, swerve ahead of me, or do other dumb things. NEVER have i ever thought about calling his company to complain

if i see a driver doing something outright dangerous, i will pull up next to him

we may exchange some heated words but the message has been made to him, and that is the point

How would you feel if that same truck that was weaving in front of you had a driver that was falling asleep or having a medical problem and then hit your wife and kids head on just a few miles down the road .

Just because you call the authorities does not mean you are a rat or snitch

no viable entity can exist with snitches

not the govt not a corporation, not a gang, not the mafia

but we have some who believe it is their calling in life to snitch and are proud 2 rat

How would you feel if that same truck that was weaving in front of you had a driver that was falling asleep or having a medical problem and then hit your wife and kids head on just a few miles down the road .

Just because you call the authorities does not mean you are a rat or snitch
calling the authorities is the definition of snitching

you may want to propose your question to someone else, because i believe that no government nor cop can stop an accident, accidents happen, people die, we were put on this earth to die, so there is nothing anyone can do to stop death when your time is up

if my wife or kids were killed because of a guy on drugs or drinking or whatever, that is a part of life

should he go to jail, or some punishment, yes, but make no mistake about it, accidents are going to happen regardless, and people will die, regardless

but i do not want to be in a society where we resolve everything by calling the cops

that is such a pathetic way to live

No, Sir. YOU are pathetic! Way of life? YOU need a reality check. If you or that union stooge don't care about yourselves, your families, or your reputation as a professional, then you need to find a different profession and a new life! To all of you that want to rat out snitchs, find out the fact of the case first before you jump to conclussions.
This is the final word on this subject for me. Most of you, GET A LIFE!!! Toodles!

calling the authorities is the definition of snitching

if my wife or kids were killed because of a guy on drugs or drinking or whatever, that is a part of life

I was actually wondering how you got all those red dots..

Now I know..

Snitching is one thing.. Reporting criminal activity to help the lives of a unknowing innocent individual is another.

No, Sir. YOU are pathetic! Way of life? YOU need a reality check. If you or that union stooge don't care about yourselves, your families, or your reputation as a professional, then you need to find a different profession and a new life! To all of you that want to rat out snitchs, find out the fact of the case first before you jump to conclussions.
This is the final word on this subject for me. Most of you, GET A LIFE!!! Toodles!

Toodles????? :biglaugh: :last Here is a sign for you to carry around....toodles :hysterical:

I will for you. PARTIME from Elmhurst IL. AKA rat. He sounds like he would fit in real well at Con-way.

As much as i hate snitches or people that say they WOULD snitch, being around them or conversing with them, you my friend are not a whole lot better running here and posting his handle (in my book thats a form of snitching). Snitching on the snitcher LoL where does it end? The driver that was snitched on for whatever didnt even stoop to that level and he had the right to by all means. Shows that a little bit of class goes a long way ! ....... As Pirate420 posted in another thread and i quote "I love you guys on here......everybody has a opinion and they tell it on this site. love it. so why is it so important to know who everybody is? " unquote ..........So why did the internet have to know who it was? Don't answer that it was a hypothetical question. Anyone close enough to possibly end up running with or across him would have found out on channel 4 news!! ..... I personally dont care who knows who i am thus why i go by my handle, i wouldn't say anything on here i wouldn't say in person nor would i say anything behind anyones back i won't say to thier face, Anyone that knows me knows this, i speak my mind!! the rules here just dont allow it sometimes :biglaugh:

Have a safe ride, cya latta :1036316054:

Just my .02 cents, not that its worth even a penny!!

:1036316054:
Yes, what have we become? This heights driver is lucky to even have a cdl. If he had been cought by a state cop he probably would have lost it and then lost his job. If he had passed me in a construction zone, not only would I have called central on him but I would have reported him to the state police for reckless driveing. It is guys like this that give us and our industry a bad name. What does this action by the ELH driver have to do with status? Nothing!! You are talking out of your rear. What did the ELH driver have to gaine? His life, not only did the heights driver put his owne life in danger passing in a construction zone, he put the ELH drivers life in danger and anyone that was driveing within a mile of him. Anyone who thinks otherwise is just unsafe and shouldnt be driveing a truck much less pulling doubles. If you don't want to be called in on, don't drive like a dumb ***. If that CGt driver looses his job, he should have. If he had caused a wreck and killed the other driver or someone else, who would have fed that family? Next time you want to talk crap about another drivers safety minded actions, think about if it had been you.

Good thing people didn't look at it this way when we all ran FWA huh rooster? I'm pretty sure we'd all be with out a cdl, with out a job. If you disagree then you're lieing to yourself and you know it!! I guess things change, You're oppinions here are in your words "good to know" to say the least!!

Have a good ride, cya latta :1036316054:

Let me see if I understand: You witness erratic/unsafe driving and elect to do nothing. Later, the driver runs over your family.

So you spend the rest of your life thinking, "what a good guy I am, cause I didn't snitch on that guy who killed my family!" (pats self on back.)

:1036316054:

Good thing people didn't look at it this way when we all ran FWA huh rooster? I'm pretty sure we'd all be with out a cdl, with out a job. If you disagree then you're lieing to yourself and you know it!! I guess things change, You're oppinions here are in your words "good to know" to say the least!!

Have a good ride, cya latta :1036316054:
dang.....did rooster really post this? LOL!!!!i`m with ya pocket on the FWA thing....

ok, lets deal with reality

i see a guy driving erratcally, i told you before, before i call anyone, i would try to deal with him, via driving next to him or whatever, if he is that erratic, then all i have to do is impede traffic from driving next to him

but this is an extreme example........most guys that drive that bad will be in a ditch or whatever

so the reality is that i am witnessing someone driving in a way i deem inappropriate, whether its speeding thru a construction zone, or just being a jerk, i have seen guys weaving, usually because they were on a cell phone, or sleepy, and when i pass them, they usually have that sheepish grin, meaning they know they were wrong and we all move on

i have had momentary lapses myself.....its called being human

that being said, my point was not that i am priding myself in not being a snitch, its that the very essence of snitching destroys any comradery, we all become enemies of each other

and using that thought process, i was saying that, i would rather live amongst a bunch of vigilantes than a bunch of snitches

lastly, regarding accidents, accidents will happen, people will die, that is a part of life, no law, no snitching will ever change that

ok, lets deal with reality

i see a guy driving erratcally, i told you before, before i call anyone, i would try to deal with him, via driving next to him or whatever, if he is that erratic, then all i have to do is impede traffic from driving next to him

but this is an extreme example........most guys that drive that bad will be in a ditch or whatever

so the reality is that i am witnessing someone driving in a way i deem inappropriate, whether its speeding thru a construction zone, or just being a jerk, i have seen guys weaving, usually because they were on a cell phone, or sleepy, and when i pass them, they usually have that sheepish grin, meaning they know they were wrong and we all move on

i have had momentary lapses myself.....its called being human

that being said, my point was not that i am priding myself in not being a snitch, its that the very essence of snitching destroys any comradery, we all become enemies of each other

and using that thought process, i was saying that, i would rather live amongst a bunch of vigilantes than a bunch of snitches

lastly, regarding accidents, accidents will happen, people will die, that is a part of life, no law, no snitching will ever change that
...You make some sense with what you have said here......we all have made some errors....it happens....we move on (if we can) and try to do better next time...:1036316054: