FedEx Freight | What have we become?

If there were two lanes and passing was deemed allowed by the DOT overseeing construction, then that is one thing.. If not, then the guy doing the passing was in the wrong.. not the one seen as being a "Snitch"

It's my family out there on the road beside you guys.. My little girl, My parents, my brother and sister.. if you drive unsafe, or wreckless by not following the laws in place, put them in danger, do you expect me to keep my mouth shut?? Sorry Charlie.. I have lost too many relatives and friends to those that think they are above the law when it comes to traffic laws, speeding and drinking! And yes passing in a construction zone applies.. it happens everyday.. if it's a construction site.. maybe it will occur to you that someone will be working there!!!! 5 road workers killed by truck

I know many of you on here, and love some of you like brothers.. but let me make it clear to you all.. If it comes down to safety and lives on the street.. I will turn my own brother in if I feel that he has put the lives of others in danger..

Follow the rules, Abide by the laws.. there is no questioning beyond that.. It's about as cut and dry as cheese and bread.

I admire many of your post.. but really feel that some of you should step back and think about what the heck you are saying here!!!

No disrespect intended, but I know from some of your other posts you are in managment.

Some of the knucleheads I am working with are the worst at safety I have ever met. Had one dispatcher tell me two years ago that my pretrip should only take 8 minutes (yes he is still employed as a city dispatcher)!!!!!

Just today, I told them I had two flats on my van. Had 34,000 lbs on the wagon, and the dispatcher asked me how flat are they? One tire had 30lbs, the other 40lbs. What kind of question was that, how flat are they? Flat enough to report to the shop and have them change them. If I have a tire below 80 psi, I take it to the shop and have them change them!

My point is, I hope you are not one of those redshirts that stand on a soapbox and preach safety one minute because the email or the video said this is the way it should be done, only to turn around and say something totally different for the sake of saving time.

By the way, are all of your dockworkers only driving at the pace of a brisk walk, or are they flying around the dock full throttle, burning tires off the towmotors?

No disrespect intended, but I know from some of your other posts you are in managment.

Some of the knucleheads I am working with are the worst at safety I have ever met. Had one dispatcher tell me two years ago that my pretrip should only take 8 minutes (yes he is still employed as a city dispatcher)!!!!!

Just today, I told them I had two flats on my van. Had 34,000 lbs on the wagon, and the dispatcher asked me how flat are they? One tire had 30lbs, the other 40lbs. What kind of question was that, how flat are they? Flat enough to report to the shop and have them change them. If I have a tire below 80 psi, I take it to the shop and have them change them!

My point is, I hope you are not one of those redshirts that stand on a soapbox and preach safety one minute because the email or the video said this is the way it should be done, only to turn around and say something totally different for the sake of saving time.

By the way, are all of your dockworkers only driving at the pace of a brisk walk, or are they flying around the dock full throttle, burning tires off the towmotors?

I am 100% for the working man, I am one, I know gtrdone can speak for himself but I believe him to be one of the good ones, I think most of the people on here will agree.

You should tell that dispatcher to stick with what he knows and you will stick with what you know, your job, which includes knowing the fmcr, something it sounds like he is not very versed in.

My point is, I hope you are not one of those redshirts that stand on a soapbox and preach safety one minute because the email or the video said this is the way it should be done.

I held a steering wheel.. Was not for me.. But I understand the risked taken if equipment is sub-par.

Actually I think the brisk walk policy is a joke. Every company says the same thing, because that is how OSHA regulates a forklift be driven. Let me ask you this... If you really think that the forklifts were made to be operated at a brisk walk, dont you think they would be goverened that way?

I have been around forklifts for a long time.. I walk in between, around and through them every day. Just like a tractor, if respect is given to the machine, the operator, and the fellow euipment out there with you.. accidents will be minimal. Know your surroundings, if bays are blocked up, stay out of them. If the dock is sweating slow down.

It's all a matter of common sense.

But, if someone on my dock is driving like an idiot, and is putting everyone else in danger.. I do expect someone to let me know.

i agree!!!!!!!!!!!!!close it now!!!!!!!!!!!like i said be4 if there is a smiley guy beating a dead horse i would put it right here>

BeatDeadHorse.gif

Actually I think the brisk walk policy is a joke. Every company says the same thing, because that is how OSHA regulates a forklift be driven. Let me ask you this... If you really think that the forklifts were made to be operated at a brisk walk, dont you think they would be goverened that way?

NICE!!!

My truck can go 67 MPH, the speed limit on the interstate in Ohio is 55 for trucks, does that mean it is OK for me to go 67 because if it wasn't safe, they wouldn't have made the truck with the ability to go that fast?

Yes I know that law says that 55 is what is safe, who am I to say otherwise? If our safety department says a brisk walk is the safe speed on a towmotor, who are you to override them?

I guess all the drivers on the road could just go to court and say, hey my vehicle can go that fast, if it wasn't safe, the manufacturer would not have make it with the ability to do so! Wonder how much that would stand up in court?

What I have found since Fedex took over this company, is they have taught everybody in managment to speak with forked tongues. You may be on of the good guys gtrdone, as many have attested on this site. I think perhaps you just do not realize how much you have been "fedexized".

NICE!!!

My truck can go 67 MPH, the speed limit on the interstate in Ohio is 55 for trucks, does that mean it is OK for me to go 67 because if it wasn't safe, they wouldn't have made the truck with the ability to go that fast?

Yes I know that law says that 55 is what is safe, who am I to say otherwise? If our safety department says a brisk walk is the safe speed on a towmotor, who are you to override them?

I guess all the drivers on the road could just go to court and say, hey my vehicle can go that fast, if it wasn't safe, the manufacturer would not have make it with the ability to do so! Wonder how much that would stand up in court?

What I have found since Fedex took over this company, is they have taught everybody in managment to speak with forked tongues. You may be on of the good guys gtrdone, as many have attested on this site. I think perhaps you just do not realize how much you have been "fedexized".

I spoke the same when I was AF-ized.. as many on here knew me then...

I am starting to agree on the dead horse Smoke!

Bargle snouss zooper klagen.

I figure that makes as much sense as some of the stuff on this thread.

Thanks for the dead horse, gtr!

The old gray mare,
She ain't what she used to be,
Ain't what she used to be,
Ain't what she used to be.
The old gray mare,
Many long years ago!

FXF OAF

Bargle snouss zooper klagen.

I figure that makes as much sense as some of the stuff on this thread.

Thanks for the dead horse, gtr!

The old gray mare,
Ain't what she used to be,
Ain't what she used to be.
The old gray mare,
Many long years ago!

FXF OAF
...Singing....Old AF...I want some of what your taking...FELLOWSAYS BY GOLLY....well maybe not... I have to go drive...:hysterical:

banned in the USA

i wouldn't lock it why sensor it because we all don't agree?if we don't like whats posted we don't have to read it in my opinion.no body forces me to read or post on here ,and as far as i know no one else is forced either so just for the sake of not sensoring lets leave it open. we as americans become to soft with hurt feeling and political correctness.

i wouldn't lock it why sensor it because we all don't agree?if we don't like whats posted we don't have to read it in my opinion.no body forces me to read or post on here ,and as far as i know no one else is forced either so just for the sake of not sensoring lets leave it open. we as americans become to soft with hurt feeling and political correctness.

I agree, why censor it, there are people still posting, there must be some interest, lets not lock the thread down because a few think its not worth reading. Besides, I'm still waiting for goofy I mean toodles to come on back and get him some more.:1036316054: