Estes | What I HEARD

Matt

Infamous “Beerboy”
Credits
that if you are extra and dont get a bid you may loose your job. estes will cut 60% of the extra board. this came from a high up spot. so if you got the time in the company GET A BID. it will benifit you

that if you are extra and dont get a bid you may loose your job. estes will cut 60% of the extra board. this came from a high up spot. so if you got the time in the company GET A BID. it will benifit you

wow, 60% is a big number. I'm blessed to be close to the top on senority but I worry about those guys down the line. They got families and bills to. Gonna be a slow Christmas at wally world this year I'm afraid.

well thats the truth king. at least we get to re-bid and hopefully snag a good run

I hear ya 10 speed but this is all from my t.m. so just trying to pass the message. also from higher than my t.m. just to verify

2 questions. 1] Will the bids go according to company seniority or catagory seniority? 2] Will extra board runs go for bid if they are keeped on?

catagory seniority and i assume that the extra board thats needed will be bid out also

Damn if they are gettin rid of 60% they must be letting the City guys that are about to lose it come over and take my Road stuff then is that right.
I got one question, why is it when they make changes it always seems to come down on the Road Guys lap.
I've worked both City and Road, and let me tell you if I was manager I would have to find something for the guys sitten around drinken Coffee in the morning between breakin trailers and a few other things.
5 six stops a day takin 8 hours to do it come on.

Damn if they are gettin rid of 60% they must be letting the City guys that are about to lose it come over and take my Road stuff then is that right.
I got one question, why is it when they make changes it always seems to come down on the Road Guys lap.
I've worked both City and Road, and let me tell you if I was manager I would have to find something for the guys sitten around drinken Coffee in the morning between breakin trailers and a few other things.
5 six stops a day takin 8 hours to do it come on.

Something I have learned since being here. If you are incompatent or slow but show up for work your job is safe at ESTES.

60% is a big number. if they let that amount go, I pitty to think what will happen when it picks back up. With that amount gone they might just shoot themselfs in the foot

yes BB, the big question is what runs are gonna be left, we are told that all runs are gonna be scrutinized and some lighter ones cut so here we go......... I'm concerned about moral also. We are not used to alot of "bumping" and I'm afraid there are gonna be alot of hard feelings among the drivers. But a man has to do what he thinks is best for his family and himself for sure during these uncertain times.

60% is a big number. if they let that amount go, I pitty to think what will happen when it picks back up. With that amount gone they might just shoot themselfs in the foot

I was last night thinking the same thing, I'm sure it will pick back up. It's just when and how abruptly it does is probably whats got the big house pulling their hair out.

Something I have learned since being here. If you are incompatent or slow but show up for work your job is safe at ESTES.
Not really,at my term you get the easy crap because they demonstrated they are unable to do more than a few {bringbacks} your job is safe if you play softball and bring home a trophy:biglaugh:

there will be hard feelings, i have already seen some . but you got to take care you and your family first, we all got bills to pay. I like my run, can't aford to drop the imcome level . For some it will drop and they wount be able to make it, I know one that has had his car repoed due to the cut backs. but tou just do the best you can and keep going. I hope we all got a job when the dust settles.

Estes is expanding actually, when the YRC corp. take a dive there will be more than 1 LTL company to handle all their freight and I really believe most customers are sick & tired of union workers crying and striking all the time.

I hate to see anyone lose their job but the big boys are about to go down or be swallowed up sooner than later. Be prepared every where.