Central Transport | What I see, from the Chris Truck lines side.

otrpetercar777

TB Lurker
Credits
here another year has come and almost gone and yet my pay is the same. I wasn't part of the "Vitran" team until it was time to be taken from and still consider myself a Chris Truck Lines driver. Now I see alot of posts from Vitran drivers complaining about pay. I live in a tier 4 region, I am told that tier 4 top line haul pay is .48 cents, but if you work for Vitran Southwest (chris truck) it's .44 cents a mile. I am governered by Vitran company policies but, yet I've never seen a Vitran handbook. At least you guys make the money and know the rules we just sit back and ask what the *&^%.

I am governered by Vitran company policies but, yet I've never seen a Vitran handbook. At least you guys make the money and know the rules we just sit back and ask what the *&^%.

Never seen a Pjax handbook after i started. Easier for them to change the rules to their liking if you dont know what the rules really are.

I have a Vitran employee handbook but a lot has changed since that handbook was made, so most of the stuff in the book has been revised. I don't even bother with putting the revised pages in the book because I know that in a few days Vitran will revise it again.

The handbook policies are on the Intranet.
Any one can ask to use a computer to view them.
All the Rules are less favorable for the employees.
But that is most companies these days.
To many workers and not enough jobs so they use that as a excuse to srew the employee.

The East Region does not have a section on Vitality and now that we are in the East region we are blocked out of the Central Section. PJAX just keeps changing the policies as they go along. Nobody knows what the new rules are until somebody gets in trouble or until PJAX wants a situation to go in their favor.

Any one can ask to use a computer to view them.

Yeah sure, ask a manager to use the computer to look at the employee handbook. You will get the run around and then management will tell you that they can answer the question you have so they can blow smoke up your backside with the answer they think you want to hear but in a way that suits them best.

Merry Christmas, I am glad that we get Christmas Eve off paid instead of forced off unpaid like the past. Let's hope for a better economy and our 5 points back.

Merry Christmas, I am glad that we get Christmas Eve off paid instead of forced off unpaid like the past. Let's hope for a better economy and our 5 points back.

What pass you talking about. We have always been paid for Christmas eve and day.