ODFL | What if OD Goes Bankrupt?

doom and gloom

There are enough of these doom and gloom threads to last a life time. My wish is that all of our trucking brothers and sisters remain employed and their companies prosper.

There are enough of these doom and gloom threads to last a life time. My wish is that all of our trucking brothers and sisters remain employed and their companies prosper.

I'm just chalking it up to some antagonists from other boards (companies) coming in and trying to stir the pot in the OD forum. Nothing more, nothing less.

If this was true I would be worried big time here at FX. OD is not going any where and will be around for a long time I am sure.

If this was true I would be worried big time here at FX. OD is not going any where and will be around for a long time I am sure.
Me too at Holland!! We will be your Nemisis for years to come!!!! I hope so any way I would miss you guys if you went out of business.:biglaugh:

Hey shoeman,

A good source tells me Holland will be around also for a long time. Good news!

FedEx and OD will be around to keep you on your toes also so be warned.:biglaugh::smilie_132::clap:

Hey shoeman,

A good source tells me Holland will be around also for a long time. Good news!

FedEx and OD will be around to keep you on your toes also so be warned.
Lookin forward to years of prosperity for the both of us!:smilie_132: And kickin ya'lls arse in the future!!!!!:biglaugh::popcorn:

I'm just chalking it up to some antagonists from other boards (companies) coming in and trying to stir the pot in the OD forum. Nothing more, nothing less.

Couldn't agree more...we're taking business from everybody at my house, and I honestly think they're scared of us. Just compare our numbers to theirs.

From what I've read on financial analysis reports of OD, they will definately not go bankrupt. Although OD does not have a huge cash reserve due to the large expenditures in the past decade in order to expand nation wide, OD does have sufficient guaranteed access to credit to see it through this current downturn. Also, I think being bought out by a competitor is out of the question since all of them are trying to reduce capacity.

I doubt that they will. Stocks are fairly high at this time. There assets as far as real estate appear to in great locations. Money well spent in the past usually equals good returns in the future. Customer base is strong but, its my understanding rates are really cutthroat at this time. That usually only lasts in the short term. Sooner or later somethings just have to give and its a matter of time thinking very positvely here that things will get better. I hope to get my job back soon...

if OD goes bankrupt then someone in corporate gets a parachute and the rest of us go and get another job just like almost any other company that is not to big to fail.then we move on.

I don't know about any of you. but I'm going to work for swift. I know I know. but I figure I will be one of there top drivers in no time. work my way up the ladder quick. lol j/k

You got a point tfate, as high as their turnover rate is and other things, you might be a partial owner with Jerry real soon. :biglaugh:

Just giving you a hard time. :clap:

Best of luck in whatever you decide. I've been looking at different companies also just in case, you need to have a backup plan in place.

Don't get me wrong, I don't think that O.D. will be going bankrupt. I'm also not having any plans of quitting, but I've learned through the years.

You got a point tfate, as high as their turnover rate is and other things, you might be a partial owner with Jerry real soon. :biglaugh:

Just giving you a hard time. :clap:

Best of luck in whatever you decide. I've been looking at different companies also just in case, you need to have a backup plan in place.

so your saying I should just put "jerrys' job" for position applying for? lol