what if ?

Discussion in 'New Century Transportation' started by dockhand, Nov 15, 2008.

1. dockhand

dockhand New Member

what if harry never opened NC , would jevic have failed ? hell of guy to open up and take our business. Thanks HARRY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. imported_skullduggery

imported_skullduggery Member

nc had nothing to do with the demise of jevic

3. imported_gabbydad

imported_gabbydad Member

I think they we a contributor. They forced us to make decisions and concessions to the market that we might not have done otherwise.

I'd have to say a small contributor, though. In my opinion.

4. xeastend

xeastend Active Member

I think Yellow was a much bigger factor,bleeding Jevic of value

5. super

super New Member

nc had nothing to do with the demise of jevic. the demise of jevic was due to 3 things: 1-sun capital
    2-tim cathers inabilty/failure to manage and lead
    3-dave gormans failure to make good decisions

6. 1eyespy

1eyespy New Member

The people at jevic did it to them self..

Blame Harry !! that is bull the man can do what ever he can..I am glad He started that company..Now the people that are running it now will but it in the toilet also:TR10driving03: You know like that mike m and that other mike :butt kiss: .Time will tell . Mr H is a better business man and knows how to run a trucking company..He just needs to get some of that wood out of that office. Like that Bill do nothing scardolittle..If Jevic was a good company why did so many people leave at first..Jevic made there bed..The management team was bad at running it . Hay Mike M and Bill Scardolittle wasn't you guys that team ? You guys great job.. :hysterical:

7. imported_armydriver

imported_armydriver Member

Sun capital was raiding the company of its money
    put nothing into new equipment
    jevic finally had to by new tractors in 08 beings it had not done so in years! You seen how fast they were repoed when the anouncement of the closing was made!
    No new trl were bought in years!
    This was a big factor also! The hiring of just about any driver with a heartbeat! Those horrific wrecks! whether our fault or not! Shutting down major hwys. While it was cleaned up! Cost jevic huge $$$$$$$
    weve all seen those trashed trls around the yard and the newspapers! How about when they needed a working heater pup! They used one of there show trls and was promptley destroyed under a long island bridge! How much of that can any company take!
    Jevic sold off there bldgs a bldg management co. How much did they overpay to lease them back!
    If you read the story with marvins dept. Store you would understand!
    Corparate greed and sorry *** management will get you every time!
    I could go on and on! We all have our stories!

8. imported_skullduggery

imported_skullduggery Member

didn't the the first drivers go over to NC under false pretenses? someone told me
    that drivers were lied to...-----anyone ever here anything on that?

9. localdriver

localdriver Member

eyespy,,, its time to come up for air!!!!!

10. super

super New Member

jevic was once a great place to work, now the only thing that comes to mind is "jevic sucks"

11. localdriver

localdriver Member

Your right super, everbody who worked at Jevic belived in what they did and belived in their company. However it only took a few individuals to bring it down. So lets not say Jevic sucks!
    Let's say Gorman, Cathers, and the investors at Sun Capital suck!!!!!!

12. super

super New Member

local driver,
    u r right, but let me say it, so it feels better.
    cathers, gorman, sun capital, you suck.

13. super

super New Member

local driver , are you j.g.??

14. imported_armydriver

Ah! Noooooo!!
    I know the true indenity of that masked driver!
    Hi ho cant be silver!!

15. localdriver

localdriver Member

SHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!! don't say anything [​IMG]

16. imported_armydriver

17. jevic no more

jevic no more New Member

i remember

I was hired on with Jevic in July,'98. Now I know that 10yrs is not a milestone for some. And I hate to sound like a "old man" recalling the good old days. But, having said that, I do remember my 1st few days with the company. I was scared to death that I was going to screw up and get fired. Was it because of inexperience? No, I already had quite a few years experience under my belt at the time. No, I was scared to mess up with, at the time " A REALLY GOOD COMPANY". When I applied it was at a time when you still had to have a very good work history and a good mvr. To drive for Jevic sucessfully was a sort of "badge of honor" considering the type of operations they had. The breakbulk free idea was good while they were still small. The real problem I saw was when they started to expand into other markets. Face it, you can't have a headload sit on a trlr for 3-4 days without a few customers getting a little upset. It's sad to see the company go. And we can all speculate why and what if. But if nothing else, I want all former Jevic drivers to remember 1 thing. We were a part of something special. We were the people who made this company a driving force in our industry. Never forget your hard work and dedication to performance. Management turned a deaf ear and a blind eye when drivers spoke up with good ideas and alternatives to bad company descisions. Giving the current economic situation, I'm not sure how any ltl company will make it out of this and flurish past this recession. I for one am proud of my time with Jevic. It was a very good learning experience from which I am greatful for. I hope some if not all former drivers feel the same way.

18. localdriver

localdriver Member

You won't find very many ex-employees that wern't passionate about their company, We all belived in the Jevic brand and belived in the people who ran it! All of us looked to finish our careers at jevic, as new employees looked to start a career there. You still can tell how much we care by the way people still come to the website. We still generate more interest here then the NC employees with their own website...hang in the pal we've all gone thru some difficult time's the year!!! we do try to help each other here in between the bashing, slandering and sillyness.
    [​IMG]

19. imported_armydriver

20. xeastend

xeastend Active Member

Hell.I still wear my safe driver jacket.(its the only one that still fits).
    Wore it in the office the other day,got a brand new Pyle one instead!!
    See,Jevic still gets reactions