ABF | What is an Internet Troll/ Forum troll?

D

Docker

An "Internet troll" or "Forum Troll" or "Message Board Troll" is a person who posts outrageous message to bait people to answer. Forum Troll delights in sowing discord on the forums. A troll is someone who inspires flaming rhetoric, someone who is purposely provoking and pulling people into flaming discussion. Flaming discussions usually end with name calling and a flame war.

A classic CureZone troll is trying to make us believe that he is a genuine skeptic with no hidden agenda. He is divisive and argumentative with need-to-be-right attitude, "searching for the truth", flaming discussion, and sometimes insulting people or provoking people to insult him. Troll is usually an expert in reusing the same words of its opponents and in turning it against them.

A CureZone Troll is generally a person who is extremely skeptical of the main forum subject.
He is generally interested to make other forum members look stupid. A troll will sometimes use insults to provoke other people to insult him. Then, he will complain to moderators of being insulted and will request that his opponents get banned from further discussion.

What is an Internet Troll? (Posting Guidelines - Netiquette) What is a Forum Troll?

Well, I gotta say life online is a lot more interesting with a little bit of TROLL thrown in... Finding just the right amount is the trick... We need to call Goldilocks to see what is "Just right"... You gotta have some spice in the brew.:hysterical:

any imput joe????

Yes my friend, it's a very good description of the person who started this thread.

your keeping an eye on him
watching20you-1-1.gif
brother always​

Well, I gotta say life online is a lot more interesting with a little bit of TROLL thrown in... Finding just the right amount is the trick... We need to call Goldilocks to see what is "Just right"... You gotta have some spice in the brew.:hysterical:

I have to agree with you grovercxl, you are spot on here. I find that if the out of control troll is ignored he goes elsewhere to play his games.

An "Internet troll" or "Forum Troll" or "Message Board Troll" is a person who posts outrageous message to bait people to answer. Forum Troll delights in sowing discord on the forums. A troll is someone who inspires flaming rhetoric, someone who is purposely provoking and pulling people into flaming discussion. Flaming discussions usually end with name calling and a flame war.

A classic CureZone troll is trying to make us believe that he is a genuine skeptic with no hidden agenda. He is divisive and argumentative with need-to-be-right attitude, "searching for the truth", flaming discussion, and sometimes insulting people or provoking people to insult him. Troll is usually an expert in reusing the same words of its opponents and in turning it against them.

A CureZone Troll is generally a person who is extremely skeptical of the main forum subject.
He is generally interested to make other forum members look stupid. A troll will sometimes use insults to provoke other people to insult him. Then, he will complain to moderators of being insulted and will request that his opponents get banned from further discussion.

What is an Internet Troll? (Posting Guidelines - Netiquette) What is a Forum Troll?

Wait!...Wait!...I use flaming rhetoric!...In fact, I am proud of my inflammatory style!....and my wife tells me I'm divisive, dismissive ...and dim-witted!...And...I know I provoke people!...just ask my kids....or my boss....OMG! I'M A TROLL!...I did it to this thread!!!...I'm extremely skeptical of the fact that I am a Troll!!!! We're now completely off-subject and....my feelings are hurt. Damn!.....I'm going to hide in the garage for the rest of the day.........

Wait!...Wait!...I use flaming rhetoric!...In fact, I am proud of my inflammatory style!....and my wife tells me I'm divisive, dismissive ...and dim-witted!...And...I know I provoke people!...just ask my kids....or my boss....OMG! I'M A TROLL!...I did it to this thread!!!...I'm extremely skeptical of the fact that I am a Troll!!!! We're now completely off-subject and....my feelings are hurt. Damn!.....I'm going to hide in the garage for the rest of the day.........
Normally I would step in and say you are not a TROLL but since your wife and boss think so. And you know they have never been wrong just ask them.

That's funny right there, now get in on the friggin' poll will ya?

How about instead of being a TROLL, I could just be a CURMUDGEON? ..That way I could be cranky and short-tempered with people....I could wander from the point....it would all come to me naturally.......

How about instead of being a TROLL, I could just be a CURMUDGEON? ..That way I could be cranky and short-tempered with people....I could wander from the point....it would all come to me naturally.......

We already have one of those on truckingboards. LOL