Reddaway | What is everyone opinions on Gary H.????

Some guys just don't get it. Reddaway was put down in the southern portion of the US in an attempt to bail out the unprofitable, mismanaged Bestway company, run by TJ O'Connor. Unfortunately, that plan backfired and now look at the mess YRC has us in. Reddaway is barely turning a profit, our equipment looks and runs like junk which is very reminiscent of the way TJ O'Connor serviced Bestway's equipment. Huh, that's kinda funny...TJ O'Connor is now running Reddaway! Could there be any connection? I think there is...he is just another YRC "yes man" that does not know how to run a transportation company.

Back in the good days, RETL Corporate sent out memos when our OR would reach 90, stating we had get back into the 80's. Back then, the employees rallied behind Reddaway and more often than not got the OR back in the
80s. These days, there is no rallying, low morale and just general disgust with YRC because ultimately we are in a hole that we cannot get out of. Nor does YRC management have the insight on how to get us out.

Sorry to get off tangent here (about the Gary H. topic) but when Reddaway is blamed for what happened to Bestway, it strikes a nerve. I know how great it was to work at the "real" Reddaway, even when TNT purchased us then USF. It was all good. Until the Yellow dog came into the picture.

Some guys just don't get it. Reddaway was put down in the southern portion of the US in an attempt to bail out the unprofitable, mismanaged Bestway company, run by TJ O'Connor. Unfortunately, that plan backfired and now look at the mess YRC has us in. Reddaway is barely turning a profit, our equipment looks and runs like junk which is very reminiscent of the way TJ O'Connor serviced Bestway's equipment. Huh, that's kinda funny...TJ O'Connor is now running Reddaway! Could there be any connection? I think there is...he is just another YRC "yes man" that does not know how to run a transportation company.

Back in the good days, RETL Corporate sent out memos when our OR would reach 90, stating we had get back into the 80's. Back then, the employees rallied behind Reddaway and more often than not got the OR back in the
80s. These days, there is no rallying, low morale and just general disgust with YRC because ultimately we are in a hole that we cannot get out of. Nor does YRC management have the insight on how to get us out.

Sorry to get off tangent here (about the Gary H. topic) but when Reddaway is blamed for what happened to Bestway, it strikes a nerve. I know how great it was to work at the "real" Reddaway, even when TNT purchased us then USF. It was all good. Until the Yellow dog came into the picture.

Sometimes I am,. 05, 07 whatever, the point is, when Yrc took over Bestway, thats when we had All our problems, then they made us merge with another poorly managed company, and because of that bonehead move we lost 20 something terms in texas, that would still be open today. so now I got to sit here and wonder when Im gonna be unemployed.. Thanks Yrc:hide:your money cant even save reddaway now, It wont be long, and 2 u d, good luck,not very many good paying jobs in SLC:smilie_132:

I can't believe I'm wasting my time responding to this, but it's obvious you really don't have a clue. You really think that YRC's money is floating Reddaway, don't you??

I'm not just namecalling when I say YRC is the textbook definition of a parasite. They have proven this by plodding along, like wounded mammoth, and buying up successful trucking companies with a low OR. Then when they have bled them dry of capital and tangible equipment, they sell them off or bankrupt them. Ask any of the employees who have been with a company that is sitting behind, left in the path of destruction that literally resembles Sherman's March.

Long live Preston 151!!!

Reddaway's money is floating YRC ! ! ! !

Gary at work

487523.jpg

I can't believe I'm wasting my time responding to this, but it's obvious you really don't have a clue. You really think that YRC's money is floating Reddaway, don't you??

I'm not just namecalling when I say YRC is the textbook definition of a parasite. They have proven this by plodding along, like wounded mammoth, and buying up successful trucking companies with a low OR. Then when they have bled them dry of capital and tangible equipment, they sell them off or bankrupt them. Ask any of the employees who have been with a company that is sitting behind, left in the path of destruction that literally resembles Sherman's March.

Long live Preston 151!!!

Reddaway's money is floating YRC ! ! ! !
preston?with a truck cab like that I think i would rather walk !!!:biglaugh:

Geeeee whiz, I always thought you had nothing to bring to a debate; to show that you had an opinion, not frivolous crap - but today (like many others) you proved it.

I just wonder what needs to happen so that all you original Reddaway guys will get it through your heads that there is no more Reddaway. YRC has drained Reddaway the same as they have every other company that they and Yellow have bought. It just took longer for them to do this to Reddaway because Reddaway was run Better than most of the other USF companies. Redstar, Dugan, Bestway. Bestway wasn't running over 100 until YRC bought USF. That's when everything went to SH!T! Not for the past 10 years before they merged us. Also, with the exception of USF523, every other ex-Bestway driver I've talked too have all been happy about the merger. You're right, better pay, better runs and better equipment but now all of us ex-Bestway guys can see the writing on the wall too. We see the similarities between what YRC did to Bestway and what they're doing to Reddaway now. I've said it before and I'll say it again, Reddaway is just a name on our trucks, work shirts, paperwork and pay checks. That is all... Nothing more. Reddaway's days are numbered. How long do you all think before they merge them into Holland. Then the pressure will be on for us to go with the Master Freight and then they can merge us into Yellow/Roadway. Then we, I mean you will all be F'D.

Farewell to Reddaway
:smilie_132:

not happy

I just wonder what needs to happen so that all you original Reddaway guys will get it through your heads that there is no more Reddaway. YRC has drained Reddaway the same as they have every other company that they and Yellow have bought. It just took longer for them to do this to Reddaway because Reddaway was run Better than most of the other USF companies. Redstar, Dugan, Bestway. Bestway wasn't running over 100 until YRC bought USF. That's when everything went to SH!T! Not for the past 10 years before they merged us. Also, with the exception of USF523, every other ex-Bestway driver I've talked too have all been happy about the merger. You're right, better pay, better runs and better equipment but now all of us ex-Bestway guys can see the writing on the wall too. We see the similarities between what YRC did to Bestway and what they're doing to Reddaway now. I've said it before and I'll say it again, Reddaway is just a name on our trucks, work shirts, paperwork and pay checks. That is all... Nothing more. Reddaway's days are numbered. How long do you all think before they merge them into Holland. Then the pressure will be on for us to go with the Master Freight and then they can merge us into Yellow/Roadway. Then we, I mean you will all be F'D.

Farewell to Reddaway
:smilie_132:
well the bennies are the same, as for the pay ok we got 3 cpm more, but have we got a christmas bonus? nope I remember when we got 2,500 or more the last payday before christmas, that makes up for the less than equal pay, better trucks, I loved my no jake, 18 mph hill climbing frieght shaker come-on, Ok you got me on that one the equipment is better. Why would we F D with a Y/R merge? I mean anymore than we are now?:funky:

Reddaway's days are numbered. How long do you all think before they merge them into Holland. Then the pressure will be on for us to go with the Master Freight and then they can merge us into Yellow/Roadway. Then we, I mean you will all be F'D.

Farewell to Reddaway:smilie_132:

I'll give you a 9.9 on that Turtle. Only thing is when we become Holland, we will be masterfreight, that's in the NMFA.

well the bennies are the same, as for the pay ok we got 3 cpm more, but have we got a christmas bonus? nope I remember when we got 2,500 or more the last payday before christmas:funky:

You need to have a pretty tight tie on to recieve a bonus here. There's only a handfull at the top with that status. I remember when they swept in and took away all scabby employees bonuses, right down to the office girls. They all got a 17% pay concession immediately.

Real funny how they deserve bonuses, but nobody else does?????

I received a 2.5% raise in exchange for what was a 12% bonus. I haven't heard of anyone receiving a 17% raise.
Why would they merge Reddaway with Holland? I don't see any savings there. They only merge companies that overlap so they can close terminals to save money.
You need to have a pretty tight tie on to recieve a bonus here. There's only a handfull at the top with that status. I remember when they swept in and took away all scabby employees bonuses, right down to the office girls. They all got a 17% pay concession immediately.

Real funny how they deserve bonuses, but nobody else does?????

I haven't heard of anyone receiving a 17% raise.
Why would they merge Reddaway with Holland? I don't see any savings there. They only merge companies that overlap so they can close terminals to save money.
A concession isn't a raise.
The overlap with Reddaway and Bestway was a few terminals in some cities in California, and that disgrace happened.
People don't understand that Yellow thinks they know how to run a regional fast freight operation, and they don't

I'll give you a 9.9 on that Turtle. Only thing is when we become Holland, we will be masterfreight, that's in the NMFA.
It's not merging with Holland that I worry about. It's after that, them merging Holland into Yellow/Roadway. That's where everyone's gonna be screwed. Maybe not the high seniority guys but the ones from half way to the bottom. I give USF 5 years tops before they're gone and anyone who hasn't been with the company for more than 10 years, c-ya.:smilie_132:Yellow/Roadway's seniority board will take over, dovetail or not.

The overlap with Reddaway and Bestway was a few terminals in some cities in California, and that disgrace happened.
People don't understand that Yellow thinks they know how to run a regional fast freight operation, and they don't
Amen on that one brotha. Where do you think Yellow will be when they're done swallow up the rest of the regional carriers.:hide: Up ship creek...:biglaugh:

Everyone who lost the bonus was supposed to recieve a one time raise.

It's not merging with Holland that I worry about. It's after that, them merging Holland into Yellow/Roadway. That's where everyone's gonna be screwed. Maybe not the high seniority guys but the ones from half way to the bottom. I give USF 5 years tops before they're gone and anyone who hasn't been with the company for more than 10 years, c-ya.:smilie_132:Yellow/Roadway's seniority board will take over, dovetail or not.
thats a pertty bleek outlook:TR10driving03:

You're right... I just got laid off again for the last time.
F*** YRC AND F*** ALL OF THE POOR YRC MANAGEMENT THAT DON'T KNOW HOW TO RUN THIS COMPANY AND HAS NO CARE FOR THEIR EMPLOYESS! F*** THIS WHOLE PIECE OF S*** INDUSTRY!:tongue0002::cuss::maddance3::ranting:
thats a pertty bleek outlook: