R&L | what is going at the R&L Carriers in Chicago terminal

Talking on the cell phone while driving company equipment is a violation of company policy.. Even with a hands free device it's still a violation read the new safety handbook.:TR10driving03:
That is correct Duck , not to mention how safe is it to try and write down pickups while talking on the phone and driving. I would definatley seek legal counsel in this situation . They are punishing drivers because they refuse to either not break the law or try to work SAFE

Some of his boys are already on the dock. His new boy starts monday in dispatch. Try pulling over to use your cellphone or company radio to get your pickups from dispatch. you will be in Mike's or Troy's office and you will have to explain why you pulled over to call dispatch. If you are the one they have on the list you will get a write up for stealing company time beacause you pulled over and the GPS says you did. Just watch your back. I do but I have not had the pleasure of them messing with me yet but I know my time is coming.

Sounds like someone should put on a mask and go beat the brakes off of Mike.

Some guys think they have all the answers and that's how they get there jobs in management. The truth is that some guys try to hammer people to show that they have all the power. Sounds like these guys are that way. We had some guys go to Wilmington about a TM from a terminal we slip with. They went to Mr. R and told him what was going on. They got rid of the guy.

I find it funny, what laws and rules they elect to follow or just chose to dismiss..... It basically boils down to what day of the week it is often, or how much money it may cost.....

Some of his boys are already on the dock. His new boy starts monday in dispatch. Try pulling over to use your cellphone or company radio to get your pickups from dispatch. you will be in Mike's or Troy's office and you will have to explain why you pulled over to call dispatch. If you are the one they have on the list you will get a write up for stealing company time beacause you pulled over and the GPS says you did. Just watch your back. I do but I have not had the pleasure of them messing with me yet but I know my time is coming.

Protect yourself, if your told to call dispatch be safe pull
over and call. Fill out a log each day to document what you
do. Even if you dont go over 12 document and keep for your files. Gives you leverage if push comes to shove.:thumbsup:

Protect yourself, if your told to call dispatch be safe pull
over and call. Fill out a log each day to document what you
do. Even if you dont go over 12 document and keep for your files. Gives you leverage if push comes to shove.:thumbsup:

There are a handful of drivers documenting everything they do. They also have tape recorders in there pockets when they get called in the office, but not telling the bosses they are recording it. I don't know how far that is going to go. The bosses have there witnesses and drivers and dock don't want to get witnesses on there side because of retaliation from Troy or Mike. So they tape record it.

keep us posted guess who....

I will keep you posted. Might have alot to tell next week. From what some people were saying we had the V.P. at our terminal and he won't be back next week. That probably means it will be hell all next week. Troy and Mike will take it out on us all week and at a guess a few people will get fired because they are under the gun. I could only assume and don't want to send out false accusations, but some guys are talking about Class A. I don't know what that means. They start talking about Troy and Mike and how they treat us and one guy would say Class A and start laughing. I don't think they are talking about a CDL license. It might be an inside joke that I don't get. Or I might be dumb here. They keep telling me you won't understand it and we can't say right now.

I will keep you posted. Might have alot to tell next week. From what some people were saying we had the V.P. at our terminal and he won't be back next week. That probably means it will be hell all next week. Troy and Mike will take it out on us all week and at a guess a few people will get fired because they are under the gun. I could only assume and don't want to send out false accusations, but some guys are talking about Class A. I don't know what that means. They start talking about Troy and Mike and how they treat us and one guy would say Class A and start laughing. I don't think they are talking about a CDL license. It might be an inside joke that I don't get. Or I might be dumb here. They keep telling me you won't understand it and we can't say right now.

my guess would be class action as in law suite:nutkick:

South bend is getting alot of the freight chicago use to get. They made south bend a break bulk abt 3 wks ago they are now running over a million Lbs of freight a day across south bend dock.

South bend is getting alot of the freight chicago use to get. They made south bend a break bulk abt 3 wks ago they are now running over a million Lbs of freight a day across south bend dock.

Yeah we noticed that. Since South Bend is getting alot of the freight Chicago had. How about South Bend take Mike and Troy off our hands to. We would appreciate it :clap:

They made South Bend a breakbulk thats were some of their freight is goin, It only makes sense, they have the room to grow, and I think they are only 15 to 20 miles from I94 and 5 miles from the toll road, they are centrally located, the TM is handleing it if only WIL would give him the manpower he needs, I am in there two or three times a week and they are getting it done , God knows how with short manpower.

linehaul change

I was wondering did anyone here how the chicago terminal is losing freight? the linehaul drivers runs are shorter, are they trying to get rid of line haul drivers and teams?

R&L is making south bend,in. the break bulk terminal now running triples and double 48s out of terminal