TForce | what is going on in the west coast???

mud-flap

TB Lurker
Credits
5 of my fellow dock workers where sent to POR and I still do not know what is going on in FON ,,,I do not know if MIN has a TM and 1 of my OM's went to RKI to be the TM at that terminal.. A IND driver told me that dock and drivers have signed cards and managment is moving freight around them..lol what is the state of the company and who is in charge????

mud-flap said:
5 of my fellow dock workers where sent to POR and I still do not know what is going on in FON ,,,I do not know if MIN has a TM and 1 of my OM's went to RKI to be the TM at that terminal.. A IND driver told me that dock and drivers have signed cards and managment is moving freight around them..lol what is the state of the company and who is in charge????
Look at the past we have been through this stuff before and they know how to move freight around problem areas.............:smilie_132:

Johnnybegood said:
Look at the past we have been through this stuff before and they know how to move freight around problem areas.............:smilie_132:
Rerouting freight around areas asking for a vote on the representation issue is similar to choking them until they give up. Not very democratic. Why do you support that behavior in the workplace?

prob·lem ( P ) Pronunciation Key (prblm)
n.
A question to be considered, solved, or answered: math problems; the problem of how to arrange transportation.
A situation, matter, or person that presents perplexity or difficulty: was having problems breathing; considered the main problem to be his boss. See Usage Note at dilemma.
A misgiving, objection, or complaint: I have a problem with his cynicism.

adj.
Difficult to deal with or control: a problem child.
Dealing with a moral or social problem: a problem play.

Idiom:
no problem
Used to express confirmation of or compliance with a request.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[Middle English probleme, from Old French, from Latin problma, problmat-, from Greek, from proballein, to throw before, put forward : pro-, before; see pro-2 + ballein, bl-, to throw; see gwel- in Indo-European Roots.]

problem

n 1: a state of difficulty that needs to be resolved; "she and her husband are having problems"; "it is always a job to contact him"; "urban problems such as traffic congestion and smog" [syn: job] 2: a source of difficulty; "one trouble after another delayed the job"; "what's the problem?" [syn: trouble] 3: a question raised for consideration or solution; "our homework consisted of ten problems to solve"

Source: WordNet ® 2.0, © 2003 Princeton University

Johnnybegood said:
Well if we are the problem areas as you say, they made us the problem. We did not ask for thier discounted pay plan. How about the bid runs being cut on a nightly basis. I'm seeing less and less freight. where is it going? It's not slow, everyone else is busy. Oh, that's right, you said they were going to move it around us problem areas. Why did they even bother buying us on this side if this is what they were going to do?

well we NEED every terminal,,,problem or not,

in our system,,and in CA we where told they will expand FON or move to Rialto using MC treminals..

steve5 said:
Well if we are the problem areas as you say, they made us the problem. We did not ask for thier discounted pay plan. How about the bid runs being cut on a nightly basis. I'm seeing less and less freight. where is it going? It's not slow, everyone else is busy. Oh, that's right, you said they were going to move it around us problem areas. Why did they even bother buying us on this side if this is what they were going to do?
All i can say is ask the Kansas city guys what happened last time?The reason why they bought you is because Viking was bought ..So we needed to get our freight west without service disruptions...:duh:

mud-flap said:
by signing cards they are ''problem'' terminals???
No but when the union guys were causing so many disruptions IE damage to equipment we needed to move freight so they rerouted freight.....Should we loose a paycheck cause someone hates their manager?:smilie_132:

wassesname said:
not even considering they are not making the CUSTOMER very happy.
Look how long it took for Fed Ex to incorporate American freight into their system...Everyone wants everything right now..................:duh:

Johnnybegood said:
No but when the union guys were causing so many disruptions IE damage to equipment we needed to move freight so they rerouted freight.....Should we loose a paycheck cause someone hates their manager?:smilie_132:
Hey hows that union thing working out for the UPS parcel division, how on earth did they make enough money to buy us being union?

what happend in KAN??

Johnnybegood said:
All i can say is ask the Kansas city guys what happened last time?The reason why they bought you is because Viking was bought ..So we needed to get our freight west without service disruptions...:duh:
I went to work the dock in KAN,,APP,MIN and MEM.. if I knew then what I know now I would not have gone.strong arm managment at my terminal is what we are getting now. moving freight around a problem terminal is just a cold move..

Johnnybegood said:

Con-Way could have taken care of all issue's freight,computer,pay and Bennie's. no?

Johnnybegood said:
No more than you sound like a union mouthpiece.......I'm glad you are a neutral moderator............
A Moderator still has a mind of his/her own. As a Moderator, I have to be fair.....as a veteran of the LTL sector (and I've worked both Union and non) I know what's better. As I've stated in the past, the Union isn't perfect, but still miles ahead of the situation UPSF workers have now. I'll correct any half-truths or outright misconceptions that get thrown around here....if for no other reason, just so maybe one day Apostolic might get to take his lunch.

mud-flap said:
I went to work the dock in KAN,,APP,MIN and MEM.. if I knew then what I know now I would not have gone.strong arm managment at my terminal is what we are getting now. moving freight around a problem terminal is just a cold move..
Look at it through a nonunion perspective they need to make money...........:duh:

stldude44 said:
A Moderator still has a mind of his/her own. As a Moderator, I have to be fair.....as a veteran of the LTL sector (and I've worked both Union and non) I know what's better. As I've stated in the past, the Union isn't perfect, but still miles ahead of the situation UPSF workers have now. I'll correct any half-truths or outright misconceptions that get thrown around here....if for no other reason, just so maybe one day Apostolic might get to take his lunch.
I have along with many other Ex Overnite employees now UPSF Employees have worked for the union and for nonunion and i think nonunion is the way to go along with many others.........:smilie_132: