Averitt | What is Shuttle driving like at Averitt?

Groendyke raise goes into effect in May.

The raise includes a mileage pay increase across the board of up to 6 cents per mile and an average hourly non-revenue rate increase of 9.4 percent for all drivers. In addition, Groendyke’s chemical drivers will receive a flat-rate increase the company says will increase pay significantly.

Not picking on ol' Averitt but this is shocking:

2003 Revenue (in millions)
Averitt: $625
Old Dominion: $667

2017 Revenue:
Averitt: $769
Old Dominion: $3,304

Wrong, bottom for a year and then right where you left off that is straight from HR.
If a full-time Associate leaves the Company and returns to full-time within 12 months, the Associate will regain their prior Company length of service minus the length of time they were gone to determine service awards and PTO.
That’s straight from the handbook.

Not picking on ol' Averitt but this is shocking:

2003 Revenue (in millions)
Averitt: $625
Old Dominion: $667

2017 Revenue:
Averitt: $769
Old Dominion: $3,304
We are considered regional, OD is a nationwide carrier. Our centers are mainly focused on the South, Wisconsin, Illinois, and Texas are the exceptions.

If a full-time Associate leaves the Company and returns to full-time within 12 months, the Associate will regain their prior Company length of service minus the length of time they were gone to determine service awards and PTO.
That’s straight from the handbook.
Exactly. Thank you for finding my reply in writing, and even better!

We are considered regional, OD is a nationwide carrier. Our centers are mainly focused on the South, Wisconsin, Illinois, and Texas are the exceptions.

Good point. That OD rocket ship is something else, though.

Exactly. Thank you for finding my reply in writing, and even better!
What that says is you get your time back for “PTO and service awards”, not bidding. The next sentence, that I didn’t quote, states that if you had left due to layoff or position elimination then you get your company length of service back for job assignments and bidding purposes.
If I leave tomorrow to try another company and come back next week, I’m back on the bottom for bidding.

What that says is you get your time back for “PTO and service awards”, not bidding. The next sentence, that I didn’t quote, states that if you had left due to layoff or position elimination then you get your company length of service back for job assignments and bidding purposes.
If I leave tomorrow to try another company and come back next week, I’m back on the bottom for bidding.
Not true, just as I said earlier, leave and return within 11 months 29 days, go to bottom, gain full medical benefits after 30 days, slide ride back in seniority after 12 months. This came straight from HR. Company length of service is the whole ball of wax. It's a sweet guarantee in my eyes. Not going to say anymore about that, way off topic and my fault for starting it.

I retired/quit a little over 4 years ago after 13 years at truck load...moved back to my birth state of California after living in Tennessee for 25 years...Averitt sends me Team Matters on a regular basis maybe not monthly but often so its cool...after 25 years it was no longer fun...when a computer tells you when its time to eat, sleep and s**t it was time to go...

I have heard from a good friend that lays over up there that they are always crazy busy.

I called the SVC and asked them if Shuttle runs ever get cancelled. The response was immediate - "No, we're not cancelling anything around here. We have more work than drivers." So that was heartening.

They also looked at the one month of solo tractor trailer driving that I have done since school and listed me as an "experienced driver." That will help a good deal with my starting pay and I won't need to go through training.

It's a plum gig. Doors keep opening there and I can't explain it but it feels right.

They also looked at the one month of solo tractor trailer driving that I have done since school and listed me as an "experienced driver." That will help a good deal with my starting pay and I won't need to go through training.

The recruiter said that I should receive some information about my starting pay along with the orientation package.

What's a reasonable cpm expectation in light of the above? How long should it take to get to cap? I'd ask the SVC director but she's on vacation this week.

The recruiter said that I should receive some information about my starting pay along with the orientation package.

What's a reasonable cpm expectation in light of the above? How long should it take to get to cap? I'd ask the SVC director but she's on vacation this week.
Hard to say , each region is different. Yours is one of the best.

Hard to say , each region is different. Yours is one of the best.

From the Orientation Packet I received today:
Starting Pay Rate upon Truck Assignment after Training: .55 CPM
Starting to get nervous about all this in a good way. Such an awesome opportunity.

they were starting drivers at top pay in Chicago...

Yep... during my interview, the SVC Director here in Milwaukee said that .55 was top pay. She made sure that the little experience that I have had was taken into account. She also said several times that she had no reason to not pay me as much as she could.

It is that kind of honesty and graciousness that has left me somewhat bewildered at many of the negative comments about Averitt that I have read here and elsewhere. Granted, I'm not even an employee yet, but this has been a very positive experience so far.