ODFL | What is the Best Shoe for Driving?

cman

TB Lurker
Credits
Does anyone have any recommendations for the best shoe for Linehaul work? I recently bought some Worx, a redwing brand, and they are killing my feet. Also, do we have a policy regarding a type of shoe that must be worn, i.e. steel toe, slip resisitant?

Not sure about the policy on linehaul, but I know the P&D drivers are required to wear steel toes. As far as the best, I have always been satisfied with the wal-mart 25 dollar special---waterproof, steel toe, surprisingly comfortable.

I like my Timberland boots. $130.00 dollar boots. When I am not getting in and out of the truck much ( city driver with long stem times) I usually don't tie them up tight, so my feet can breath some. I do like the security of having a work boot on when I am at work, you just never know what you might get yourself into. It is also a good idea to buy two pair and alternate them from day to day, it is easier on your feet. Probably not a good option for you line haul drivers though.

i wear timberlands i paid 130 at meijers,only pear of boots that haven given me blisters.iam on my feet alot on the dock or hooking alot of sets for tires.dont wear them in the winter though.

Been real comfortable with the new Caterpillar boots. They're real light for P/D and when I do line work I still put them on b/c they're more comfy than my non-steel toes.

Not sure about the policy on linehaul, but I know the P&D drivers are required to wear steel toes. As far as the best, I have always been satisfied with the wal-mart 25 dollar special---waterproof, steel toe, surprisingly comfortable.
I agree I wear the cheap Walmart steel toes and they don't bother me at all you don't have to have steel toes for linehaul but if you go on the dock to check on your trailors your supposed to have them I have been asked by the safety guy at a few barns if I had steel toes will up talking to the dock

I wear High Tech Boots they are very light weight and comfortable. they run around 80 bucks a pair. Wore them for years as a fireman and now driving, they are great. Linehaul also does not have to have steel toes. City does

Nocona Cowboy Boots

I been driving for over 35 yrs. and by far the most comfortable shoe I've worn is my Nocona cowboy boots. Bought them about 25 yrs. ago. Leather soles soft supple leather uppers, nothing like them. Have to get the soles redone from time to time. The problem with shoes today is they are all made in China. The sole is basically a rubber athletic shoe sole except on a hiker it may be brown or black instead of white. They don't have a leather insole and they just don't breath. They make your feet get hot and swell. I also have an old pair of Red Wing lace up work boots that are my next favorites. Made in the USA before they caved and went offshore. Nocona, I don't know if they even make boots anymore, if they don;t it's a shame. They were'nt cheap, they were made in Texas, I paid 200 for mine 25 yrs ago.

As for myself I can't wear cheap shoes ,they make my feet and legs ache so I buy good shoes and boots and my suggestion is Dr. Martens shoes and Dillard boots, there expensive but worth it . The most comfortable shoes and boots on the market.

Me for my part I have my Caligae, I found on my last trip to Italy.
I use them mostly in summertime.
caligae1.jpg

For the Winter I use mostly these ones below.
wintermoccasins1.jpg

The ones below I use occasionally in miscellaneous whether.
13a20ca0.jpg

I was just joking. Need to have a little fun in these rough times.
I tried several different shoes and because I’m diabetic type2
My feet start to swell after several hours driving. So the best combination
I came up are my SAS shoes with Dr. Scholl’s gel pads. Shoes with strings just don’t work well for me.

When I first saw your post I wasn't sure if I should laugh at it or be very concerned! If any of you been out there on the road for a while, you see people driving truck wearing even more "odd" stuff!

snowman, i do not respond to hardly anything but it is five thirty in the morning and when i saw that i could not stop laughing. thanks for making my day