Yellow | What is the plan on the Coo?!?

COO was put on hold till after teamster election. What has anyone heard.
They are eliminating PT after the massive payout and weekly greivances paid for failure to protect average weekly earnings. Sounds like a major hiring effort to start in a few weeks. My guess is Wayman will lead the charge because he is an excellent recruiter.

Last edited:
Loc
Their is nobody in management smart enough to run PTS.
Their actions speak louder than words $$$$
Locally I think they can but Corp says just run them through the holiday while our men sit at home. It's a cash comedy to the tune of over $100,000 month after month in our relays. That 15% is coming back in PT greivance checks every week. Then tack on service failures because the DC doesn't have qualified people to manage schedules and it's down right scary.

Loc

Locally I think they can but Corp says just run them through the holiday while our men sit at home. It's a cash comedy to the tune of over $100,000 month after month in our relays. That 15% is coming back in PT greivance checks every week. Then tack on service failures because the DC doesn't have qualified people to manage schedules and it's down right scary.
And the company is still in business? Must be some high paying freight. von.

You don't need a COO to eliminate PTS....just don't call for them.
But someone has to run the freight. With our current configuration i doubt that we have enough drivers in the right domiciles to cover the PTS sleeper lanes. I'm thinking they can't just stop calling them.

If they want to scale back PTS (which is all sleepers) and with electronic logs coming (which will affectively shorten the yo yo string), be careful what you wish for. We could be seeing East Coast sleeper teams in our future.

I know getting an answer from management on what the total cost per mile is now, to put our driver in a truck, would never happen. But I remember back probably 15 plus years ago, RDWY said it was around $2.52 per mile with all the expenses included. (fuel, wages, insurance for equipment, and freight, driver benefits,depreciation on equipment, and so on). Now, I cannot imagine what it costs, but will bet PTS works for a lot less. They actually may be money ahead risking road filing grievances, and paying them, as opposed to rolling the dice using PTS. Just saying.maybe get away with as much as possible till someone screams foul...

I cant wait to see how they screw it up again. How many drivers will have to move this time? How far? Just to reverse what they did in the last few COO's.
This ought to be funny to watch!

So much for the head of pts (Randy Pacheco) running it right.But hey he was quoted as saying he has a contract with PTS.Almost like he was saying to hell with us Teamsters.True story.Randy is a YES boy